BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Orlando gun show had many.....I couldn't resist

Got mine for $400 cash OTD, with 2- 30rnd mags to boot!
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats. Welcome to the Draco fold! We need pics and info on how it shoots.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By oliverb:
Congrats. Welcome to the Draco fold! We need pics and info on how it shoots.

Thanks, I plan of giving the wood a refinish this weekend, and will shoot it soon thereafter.

I will post plenty of before/after pics when I'm done.  Now it looks just like the one in the catalog.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Classic has the chrome Dracos in again....

http://www.classicarms.us/

Link Posted: 6/15/2010 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Payday will be here soon....
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
JGsales just got them back in
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Peachstate is out of stock
Link Posted: 6/30/2010 3:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H2O_MAN] [#8]
Originally Posted By aypstony1:
Looks like Peachstate is out of stock

I spoke with Lisa this afternoon and they have ONE in stock.
She is holding it for me, but I have decided to focus on building a 16" SEI M14.

It's up for grabs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to the Ft. Worth gun show this morning specifically looking for a Draco pistol - one guy had 5 or 6 of them, for $399 - plus tax, they would have been out the door for about $435 - I'm backordered at Centerfire Systems for $329, so I passed, but man, they were really lousy quality - some had rust, and they were in general very rough.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#10]
When you say rough can you give us more of a description

They generally look rough at first because they are covered in a reddish oil and need some TLC to bring them back to life.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not an expert, and realizing that we're not talking about collector guns, I thought that the Draco I looked at would have required more than some TLC.  There were obvious rust spots (not a coating or grease), the wood was cracked, and I guess what shined me off the most was the price - $399, plus tax.  I've got them waitlisted a few places in the internet, all below that price even with shipping and what my FFL charges.  I may look at the next Dallas show in a few weeks if I can't get one online at a decent price.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By texas_yankee:
I'm not an expert, and realizing that we're not talking about collector guns, I thought that the Draco I looked at would have required more than some TLC.  There were obvious rust spots (not a coating or grease), the wood was cracked, and I guess what shined me off the most was the price - $399, plus tax.  I've got them waitlisted a few places in the internet, all below that price even with shipping and what my FFL charges.  I may look at the next Dallas show in a few weeks if I can't get one online at a decent price.

Shouldn't be any rust. If there is, wonder how long they have been sitting around and under what conditions. The reddish oil mentioned by halflife often dries and may look like rust at first glance. My two had a touch of the reddish stuff but were also covered in light oil. Wood was OK on both but, again, Cugir in Romania is not known for their QC. I have to agree, the $400 + S&H price is a turn off for me. I waited about 2+ months for my order through Centerfire. The guys with them at gun shows still have them in stock because their price is high. The volume dealers offering a low price sell out fast because their price is low. Not the dealer's fault they sell out fast and not their fault the supply is erratic. Unless you have to have one yesterday, be patient. They will be re-stocked. I guess the gun show prices are also high because of the "I have one in my hands and just have to have it now." factor!  LOL
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree - I don't have to have one of the Draco pistols right away (like I did with my AR and the 4 Glocks and the Bersa and the AMD-65 AK and the M11 full auto), so I'll wait around a while and see what comes back from Centerfire - and check out the Dallas gun show next month, too.

Centerfire has a hell of a deal on AMD-65s right now - if a Draco comes in for me at the $329 price, I might have to pick up another AMD-65 - everyone needs two of those, huh??

And they have some nice deals on ammo, too.  

And I've really been wanting one of those Saiga shotguns with the 20-round drum - the ultimate home defense weapon.

Somebody help me, please !!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd trade my Draco for one of the AMD-65's.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got an email that my Draco pistol is back in stock at Centerfire - including shipping, it's $348.48 - glad I didn't pay $400 PLUS TAX at the gun show !!
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I was searching around our forum and found a Industry Partner (Henderson Defense) selling Draco's. I think this is pretty cool and he deserves our business. I have added them to the list in the first post w/ price and access.
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:
I was searching around our forum and found a Industry Partner (Henderson Defense) selling Draco's. I think this is pretty cool and he deserves our business. I have added them to the list in the first post w/ price and access.

I was very tempted to order from them since they've got them in stock. $379 with four magazines isn't too bad, but I've got plenty of mags and I've had my Draco backordered from Centerfire for about three weeks now at $329 so for that $50 savings I can stand to wait a few more weeks if necessary.
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 0uTkAsT:

I was very tempted to order from them since they've got them in stock. $379 with four magazines isn't too bad, but I've got plenty of mags and I've had my Draco backordered from Centerfire for about three weeks now at $329 so for that $50 savings I can stand to wait a few more weeks if necessary.

I see what you are saying, I was just trying to give them credit since they are an Industry Partner and help support our forum.
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 0uTkAsT:

I see what you are saying, I was just trying to give them credit since they are an Industry Partner and help support our forum.

Oh, absolutely. I think it's great to have a resource like that available, and thank you for keeping it up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Another plus about ordering from Henderson is that they verified that they do indeed go over them before shipping.  Which is a plus, IMO, because it's another step toward the end user not to end up with one that has canted sights, etc, etc.

I asked a vendor on another board if they go over the Dracos they sell, before shipping.  They just replied with a "No.  We ship 300 guns out per day.  Checking them wouldn't be logical.  The manufacturer should be checking them".  Fair enough, I guess.  But that just makes me want to order from Henderson ever more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Another plus about ordering from Henderson is that they verified that they do indeed go over them before shipping.  Which is a plus, IMO, because it's another step toward the end user not to end up with one that has canted sights, etc, etc.

I asked a vendor on another board if they go over the Dracos they sell, before shipping.  They just replied with a "No.  We ship 300 guns out per day.  Checking them wouldn't be logical.  The manufacturer should be checking them".  Fair enough, I guess.  But that just makes me want to order from Henderson ever more.

Glad to hear they are checking them out before selling them. Another reason folks should give them your business.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#22]
buds gun shop - 341 w/ free shipping
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By StealthCRF:

I looked all over their site and could only find one Draco for sale and it was on an auction. It already sold, the price was not listed but it was used.

If you see something I am not please post a link
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 2:41:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthCRF] [#24]

I looked all over their site and could only find one Draco for sale and it was on an auction. It already sold, the price was not listed but it was used.

just go to the buds and search for "draco" in the search box :)

eta: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69679
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#25]

just go to the buds and search for "draco" in the search box :)

eta: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69679

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, great deal. I have added it to the ever growing list.
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Picked my Draco up from JG at their sale price of $299.  After a good cleaning took it out and put one magazine through it with no firing issues.  I was on a duck hunt but just could not wait to get a few rounds down range.  Very fun pistol but makes me want an SBR underfolder.
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 6x6pinz:
Picked my Draco up from JG at their sale price of $299.  After a good cleaning took it out and put one magazine through it with no firing issues.  I was on a duck hunt but just could not wait to get a few rounds down range.  Very fun pistol but makes me want an SBR underfolder.

$50 for shipping??!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2010 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#28]
update: ordered from Bud's 12/1, arrived 12/2

UPS shows that it went from shreveport, LA to mississippi, then kentucky, and then flew back to dallas
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#29]

UPS shows that it went from shreveport, LA to mississippi, then kentucky, and then flew back to dallas

Let us know how the pistol looks when you get it. I may be ordering one from them if your experience turns out good.
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 2:09:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skulley] [#30]
Ordered a Draco-C from buds, took a day. wood FHG suck, standard issue pg, no cl rod. looks like all the others. I have ordered many items and always  Buds rocks! Free ship but $30FFL
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By skulley:
Ordered a Draco-C from buds, took a day. wood FHG suck

What was wrong with the upper/lower hand guard?
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Let us know how the pistol looks when you get it. I may be ordering one from them if your experience turns out good.

Believe it or not, its perfect. The wood handguards are rough like all the other dracos though. It is the C model w/ 1000 rear sight and bakelite grip. After taking it in the shower with some degreaser and a scrub brush to get rid of the cosmoline, it looks great. The action is VERY smooth for what it is. The fit and finish are a hell of a lot better than my FEG amd65. Zero mag wobble, in fact I may open it a bit to make mag changes easier. The gas tube has proper wiggle fit instead of welding like the wasrs. No cleaning rod (I use a .308 kit and boresnake anyway.) Will try to post some pics later.

341 base price from buds (I paid an extra 3% for CC and a few dollars for insurance)
10 ffl transfer
free shipping and <48 hr turnaround. I'm extremely happy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Believe it or not, its perfect. The wood handguards are rough like all the other dracos though. It is the C model w/ 1000 rear sight and bakelite grip. After taking it in the shower with some degreaser and a scrub brush to get rid of the cosmoline, it looks great. The action is VERY smooth for what it is. The fit and finish are a hell of a lot better than my FEG amd65. Zero mag wobble, in fact I may open it a bit to make mag changes easier. The gas tube has proper wiggle fit instead of welding like the wasrs. No cleaning rod (I use a .308 kit and boresnake anyway.) Will try to post some pics later.

341 base price from buds (I paid an extra 3% for CC and a few dollars for insurance)
10 ffl transfer
free shipping and <48 hr turnaround. I'm extremely happy.

Good to hear, you and the other guy are the only one's I know of who have shared their experience with Bud's.
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, maybe I should have stated my preferance better, the FHG dont nessarly suck,  I do not care for the wood that came on the draco but it is wood and it can be re finnished. It was as  pictured on the buds site and was to be expected. Like stealth said the fit and finnish is great and seems to be standard. Here is a pic for refferance.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 2:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#35]
8/9 dealers on the list are "In Stock" right now.

These pistols have become very popular, its great to see them getting exposure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#36]
i called centerfire systems on thursday and the lady said they were currently on backorder.

the website says they are in stock.

Link Posted: 12/19/2010 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
i called centerfire systems on thursday and the lady said they were currently on backorder.

the website says they are in stock.

I would try Bud's Guns then. The other 2 guys who posted right before you ordered their Dracos from Buds and had a good experience and they have free shipping.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#38]
i live in AK

no free shipping up here...

i went ahead and ordered one from jgsales... even with their high shipping it was only 5 bucks more than buds and thats with 2day air

anyway, just wanted to point out that centerfire is actually out, even though the website says "in stock".
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw one on sat at gun show for $600
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Mikegigabyte:

Wow, they must be hurt'n bad for business and needed to re-coupe some costs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
i live in AK

no free shipping up here...

i went ahead and ordered one from jgsales... even with their high shipping it was only 5 bucks more than buds and thats with 2day air

anyway, just wanted to point out that centerfire is actually out, even though the website says "in stock".

I see what you are saying, I think most of the business we have listed are pretty close in price and service once it boils down to it.

Glad to see you are getting one, post pics when you do.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#42]
will do!
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Mikegigabyte:

Wow, they must be hurt'n bad for business and needed to re-coupe some costs.

Well its Ca. The one I got last month was $450 which is just as much as the rifle but $600 plus all the fees and taxes would be insane
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#44]
My second Draco from Centrefiresystems shipped to my FFL today - $329, plus $14.99 shipping.

Seems like the best price around, including shipping, from what I can see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 6:55:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#45]
Originally Posted By texas_yankee:
My second Draco from Centrefiresystems shipped to my FFL today - $329, plus $14.99 shipping.

Seems like the best price around, including shipping, from what I can see.

Actually, Bud's Gun Shop has the best price out of the dealers @ $341 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ssgjason:

$50 for shipping??!!

Yeah, I just picked one up from J&G and initially $50 shipped I thought was high, but then I realize they're shipping it 2 day Air not ground since it's a pistol and the Draco weighs quite a bit from what I've read.  Can't wait to get mine.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#47]

$50 for shipping??!!

I saw that too.

Link Posted: 12/30/2010 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:

$50 for shipping??!!

but then I realize they're shipping it 2 day Air not ground since it's a pistol and the Draco weighs quite a bit from what I've read.

All the other dealers are shipping it the same way since it's a pistol. I have purchased from multiple dealers and all shipping methods were like kind.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I would like some input from you guys on which dealers are currently selling the model "C" Draco

I would like to add this information to our list of prices so folks can have a choice of models to choose from when purchasing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I believe the "C" is the only model being imported by Century now. For the last 3 monthe I've only seen "C's" at the gunshows except for the vendors trying to get $500. They are stuck with non "C's" they got 6 months ago. Just contact the vendors who sell lots of guns, & ask them what they have, but I'm sure they'll tell you they are "C's".  I'm sure any non "C's" out there are guns that were imported a while ago.  GARY  N4KVE
Page / 13
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top