User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By nturavrgcop:
Does anyone know if the models sold by Classic Arms were C models or not?

Thanks

They might not know by the "C" or non "C". But I'm sure they would know by the stock #. HG2159N, or HG1916N.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Good info above, using the stock # seems to be the most accuracte way of tracking one down. Trying to get some of these dealers to put their hands on one to verify if it's a "C" or not is a hard feat to accomplish.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
was browsing the web today try: "buymilsurp.com"
It didn't say they didn't have any.Might be worth a call.Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
J & G has about 100 in stock. I called them today.
I really shouldnt have. Cause I ordered one.
He didnt say if they were "C's", and I didnt ask.
I need a non  "C" to SBR.
I think I will keep the "C" as is..............for now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 11:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#5]
Originally Posted By 762x39nut:
was browsing the web today try: "buymilsurp.com"
It didn't say they didn't have any.Might be worth a call.Good luck.

Thanks again for helping us add another dealer

I have placed them on our ever growing list.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered one from Classic Arms they said they were out of stock but expect more in around 7-10 Days. This makes me a little uneasy but I will post my experience after all is said and done. Note Classic Arms says around $30 to ship while JG wants $50.

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Did Classic Arms tell you which version?
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry I didn't ask
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By t-10-charlie:
Sorry I didn't ask

Keep us updated on which model you received if you could please.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered one from Classic Arms they said they were out of stock but expect more in around 7-10 Days. This makes me a little uneasy but I will post my experience after all is said and done. Note Classic Arms says around $30 to ship while JG wants $50.

J & G only charged me $33 for shipping.
And they sent me a non "C", which is what i wanted on this one. The furnature is nicer on this one. The hand guard releases are tighter.
But I think overall, they are the same pistol.
Now off to find a wood stock and an underfolder. I also found out that my CLEO is very pro gun, and will sign a Form 1. (Otero Co.)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Neeglik] [#11]
Ordered mine from JandG also.  They charged me $50 in shipping which is awfully high.  It was still the best deal I could find though.  Not sure if I'm getting a C or not.  I should have it by next weekend.

Edited to add:
Got the pistol.  Everything looks straight.  Non-C model.  Has the cleaning rod.  One magazine, in great shape.
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been calling around looking for a Draco C for a while now. I could find Draco's in stock places, but could never get confirmation that they were C's.

The guys at Peach State Guns just emailed me back saying they just got an order in of 15 Draco's with some Draco C's.

Ordered mine today for $399 with shipping.  I'll let you know how it is when I recieve it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Classic Arms just got their shipment in this week and charged my card this morning. I hope to have my Draco in a few days. I've already got the rails, Tapco flash hider, Bushnell red dot.... etc I'm all set
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Classic Arms just got their shipment in this week and charged my card this morning. I hope to have my Draco in a few days. I've already got the rails, Tapco flash hider, Bushnell red dot.... etc I'm all set

do you have a form1 filled out yet? If not, you're not all set.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:02:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: t-10-charlie] [#15]
I picked up my new Draco from my FFL last Saturday and it’s awesome! Classic Arms did an good job on getting it out as soon as they came in. All the serial #s match and they even put a cleaning rod plus two mags in the box.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I picked up my new Draco from my FFL last Saturday and it’s awesome! Classic Arms did an good job on getting it out as soon as they came in. All the serial #s match and they even put a cleaning rod plus two mags in the box.

Check your cleaning rod to see if it fits, they are chopped down rods Classic Arms had made to fit the Draco. Problem we are seeing is many folks say the cleaning rods don't fit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Received mine on March 30 from Classic, but the rear of the receiver was a fair bit off with the rear sight/gas tube housing.  When the sights are level the grip and receiver are canted to the left several degrees, and vice versa.  I called them and asked for repair or replacement.  After I told them what was wrong they didn't offer an argument at all.   The cheerfully said they would send out a UPS label for return.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By WWilson:
Received mine on March 30 from Classic, but the rear of the receiver was a fair bit off with the rear sight/gas tube housing.  When the sights are level the grip and receiver are canted to the left several degrees, and vice versa.  I called them and asked for repair or replacement.  After I told them what was wrong they didn't offer an argument at all.   The cheerfully said they would send out a UPS label for return.

Glad to hear they provided you with quality CS. They have had some returned to them like most dealers will, it's all about how you grease the wheel...........
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 4:10:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45Boy] [#19]
I just placed an order with Classic Arms for mine. They said it was a C model. Very helpful over the phone with all my questions and everything I added to my order.

Damn, thats the first time I have paid retail on a gun in 5 or so years.

C model. Thanks for catching that nchapa.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 45Boy:
I just placed an order with Classic Arms for mine. They said it was a G model. Very helpful over the phone with all my questions and everything I added to my order.

Now to research this form 1 stuff and design a non sbr carbine.

G model?  you mean C?  or is there another model i'm not aware of?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By nchapa:
Originally Posted By 45Boy:
I just placed an order with Classic Arms for mine. They said it was a G model. Very helpful over the phone with all my questions and everything I added to my order.

Now to research this form 1 stuff and design a non sbr carbine.

G model?  you mean C?  or is there another model i'm not aware of?

He edited his post, he meant to say "C" model.

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I was up so much last night thinking about just having the one Draco C and so many options available that I called Classic again this morning and had them add another to my order since it had not shipped yet. Just as before they were extremely helpful.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I couldn't get a solid reply when I called Classic two weeks ago.  Was going to wait; decided I couldn't and bought a C model from Buds.  I've bought from both Buds and Classic so it wasn't too much of a stretch once they confirmed they had the C model in stock.  Shipped for $368  Hopefully it will arrive before Friday so I can get my paperwork done and over to the CLEO in our county for SBR.  

Funny I swore I'd never get one of these and now I can't wait.  Is there something wrong with the fact I'm paying more coin for the accessories than for the gun itself?

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Is there something wrong with the fact I'm paying more coin for the accessories than for the gun itself?

Absolutely not, it just confirms you are a gun lover.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine came in yesterday from Buds.  Sights are straight, furniture is crap but I plan on replacing it anyway.  I have no idea how once my stamp comes in I'm going to attach an ACE folding mechanism.  It appears outside of my comfort zone.  I had issues just cutting the weld off the thread protector last night.  I'll have to find someone I guess to do the trunion work for me.  My plan is to attach a VM sling plate or have a local smith install a sling swivel stud until the stamp arrives.

Definitely a project gun, but looks like a fun one to pass the time.  Oh, and definitely a C model.

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I had issues just cutting the weld off the thread protector last night.

What was the problem getting it cut off
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Any stock updates?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MiamiE:
Any stock updates?

I updated the OP this morning; over the last week or so there has been 2 dealers go out of stock and everything else has remained the same.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool. Thanks. Just called Midwest Gun. They had two this morning and sold out of them now. They are $389 though, not $329. Is anyone in particular over there a member on here to get that discount?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Two things:  overzealous assembler with apparently a Sams Club sized weld bead and my fear of screwing it up with the Dremomatic.  Now while I wait for my form to process I'm trying to figure out where to send it so that I can have the trunion set up.  I've decided I don't want to FIUBAR'd by doing a DIY.  

Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:

I had issues just cutting the weld off the thread protector last night.

What was the problem getting it cut off

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MiamiE:
Cool. Thanks. Just called Midwest Gun. They had two this morning and sold out of them now. They are $389 though, not $329. Is anyone in particular over there a member on here to get that discount?

Price increase:Probably supply and demand.
I talked to Dave at Midwest Gun yesterday,and he advised to email him instead of calling him.He can get a quicker response back to you.
Have him "hold" one for you.
[email protected]
At the time when I posted the thread as a source for Dracos they had like 200 in stock, and the members here scooped them up at the $329.00 price.No longer the case.Just like gas prices.Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I have emailed him and am on a list. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, got my replacement Draco last week from Classic.  The last one had the sights canted to the left very noticeably and this one has the sights canted to the right.  I give up.   I'll just put a handguard on with rails and mount a dot sight of some kind.     I want to shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WWilson:
Well, got my replacement Draco last week from Classic.  The last one had the sights canted to the left very noticeably and this one has the sights canted to the right.  I give up.   I'll just put a handguard on with rails and mount a dot sight of some kind.     I want to shoot it.

Soak the sight/gas block in kroil or other penetrating oil over night, drive out the two pins with a punch, lay on a piece of wood like a section of 2x12 and pound the sight block with a lead hammer the way you want it to go. Then clean up the holes with a drill and drive the pins back in the block. If it's stuborn apply some heat from a propane torch. I had to do this with mine and on other AK's over the years.It's about a 15 minute job.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll give it a go once I get the hammer.  Rest of the stuff I have.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#36]
does it have to have a underfolder trunion on it to put a stock on it? and how can you tell?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:41:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EHilderbrand] [#37]
$445 going rate in PA. IF you can find one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#38]
On another note, hopefully we see some of the Mini 7.5" Dracos surface soon. If anyone knows of a source for these please let us know.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 10:46:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#39]
I added J&G and Discount Gun Sales as the first of the online dealers selling the Mini Dracos on the first page.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for this forum.  I just ordered mine from Atlantic!  Can't wait to SBR it!
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Talked to J&G sales today. They have 75 of their initial order of 100 Mini draco's left.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#42]
List has been updated and I have placed J&G on there for the Draco Champions that are currently in stock.
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#43]
just ordered one from atlantic this afternoon. Seems they have them in stock.  I'm dropping off my order receipt at the local dealer so they can fax the info. What would happen if I got a bad one? would I have to keep paying ffl fees to send out and get it back?
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
What would happen if I got a bad one? would I have to keep paying ffl fees to send out and get it back?

Congrats on the purchase. If you got a bad one w/ issues like canted sights/cycling issues etc... then you need to contact Century Arms for either a replacement or having them fix your rifle if possible. If either of these happened, the pistol you receive in return would be shipped to your house if it's the same serial # pistol as the original, or if it is a replacement I believe it has to be sent to an FFL. If they do send a replacement to your FFL I would ask them to credit you the transfer fee/background check.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Saw one at the Palm Beach gunshow in the Florida Gun Exchange table for $349.  Looked like an older style but it was gone by the time I got back there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Kosh:
Saw one at the Palm Beach gunshow in the Florida Gun Exchange table for $349.  Looked like an older style but it was gone by the time I got back there.
I got mine from them back in December. Same building, same table. GARY  N4KVE

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#47]
looking to get a draco but wondering if there is a site that will actual check the draco for issues before shipping it out (similar to hendersondefense.com w/ the WASR)
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By yellowbilly:
looking to get a draco but wondering if there is a site that will actual check the draco for issues before shipping it out (similar to hendersondefense.com w/ the WASR)

I am not aware of a dealer who will check out a Draco ahead of time before sending it out to you.

The best I have been able to do is speak w/ J&G and ask their warranty guy Andrew to look over a pistol for replacement. He was willing to do this but only on a replacement level, if you are just ordering one they will not check it before shipping it out which is pretty common with most dealers.

Your best bet is to choose a reputable dealer and go with them in case you need to do a return. Personally I think J&G has stand up CS and they do a great job of working with customers on returns.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:
Originally Posted By yellowbilly:

I am not aware of a dealer who will check out a Draco ahead of time before sending it out to you.

The best I have been able to do is speak w/ J&G and ask their warranty guy Andrew to look over a pistol for replacement. He was willing to do this but only on a replacement level, if you are just ordering one they will not check it before shipping it out which is pretty common with most dealers.

Your best bet is to choose a reputable dealer and go with them in case you need to do a return. Personally I think J&G has stand up CS and they do a great job of working with customers on returns.

thanks for the reply man. ive heard a lot of good things about j&g. the selection of dracos in my city are pretty limited so ill most likely end up ordering from them. i will definitely post a review on the whole transaction. appreciate the help and hope to join the draco team soon!
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Jg back in stock with mini's
Page / 13
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top