Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/si9xh0j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/60DTUTY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BKsxoez.jpg

It took many, many, many iterations and minus a small ringing issue in the middle, my first N1 brace has been successfully printed! Finally.
Helps that I bought a whole nother printer for these :P.
I’ll open orders soon, just gotta make sure they come out right in the black filament now!
View Quote

I want one!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I want one!
View Quote

HMU at my email [email protected] and once I’m 100% certain they’re printing well I’ll let you know!

And for the record, the price of these will be $75 vs the $70 for the XM177-style ones simply due to increased print time and material costs. Hope nobody has an issue with that
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

HMU at my email [email protected] and once I’m 100% certain they’re printing well I’ll let you know!

And for the record, the price of these will be $75 vs the $70 for the XM177-style ones simply due to increased print time and material costs. Hope nobody has an issue with that
View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Oooh! Bumping so I can put this on my in progress 733 clone whilst I wait for Form 1!
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/si9xh0j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/60DTUTY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BKsxoez.jpg

It took many, many, many iterations and minus a small ringing issue in the middle, my first N1 brace has been successfully printed! Finally.
Helps that I bought a whole nother printer for these :P.
I’ll open orders soon, just gotta make sure they come out right in the black filament now!
View Quote

neat!
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Hopefully the first of many
Now accepting orders for N1 braces at [email protected], payable via PayPal (same email, family & friends) or $redmccloud on CashApp at $75 per brace. These took a while to get printing well, but hopefully y’all think they’re worth the wait!

For those who buy one, expect a 1-2 week ship time due to how I ship these in batches.
Thank you all for the continued interest!
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/f3qlEW4.jpg

Hopefully the first of many
Now accepting orders for N1 braces at [email protected], payable via PayPal (same email, family & friends) or $redmccloud on CashApp at $75 per brace. These took a while to get printing well, but hopefully y’all think they’re worth the wait!

For those who buy one, expect a 1-2 week ship time due to how I ship these in batches.
Thank you all for the continued interest!
View Quote

...aaaand 9 days later and nobody actually wants one of these, including the people who actually emailed me and wanted to buy them.
I guess I'll go back solely to the XM177-style braces then?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
seriously? shit, I'll take one then, sending now
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...aaaand 9 days later and nobody actually wants one of these, including the people who actually emailed me and wanted to buy them.
I guess I'll go back solely to the XM177-style braces then?
View Quote

Really?
That’s super surprising!
I wish I had some spare money cause I’d take one; I know that doesn’t help but still.
Maybe post more pictures? Show more details? I don’t know… just brainstorming.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Really?
That’s super surprising!
I wish I had some spare money cause I’d take one; I know that doesn’t help but still.
Maybe post more pictures? Show more details? I don’t know… just brainstorming.
View Quote

Here's some more pictures at different angles, on a 2-position buffer tube.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll take one,  will be sending payment right after this posting.  

Thanks,

Brian Powell

Payment sent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Here’s a question for you all, alongside a reminder that I still have N1 braces printing now alongside the ‘XM177’ style:
What other kinds of furniture would y’all perchance like to see printed and available? One of you emailed me asking about printed boxy Colt LMG handguards, which I’ve been working on printing for a while as a result, and I’ve had other things like Colt 605 rear handguard caps (to look like the custom-made metal handguard cap but simply fitting via pressure over those plastic triangular carbine handguards available) just sitting here, although I didn’t think of selling them because they’re so hyper specific and would likely cost just as much to ship them these days as it would to make them lmao.
So I am curious if anyone has any ideas what could be done next!
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
installed the pistol brace On my latest project. Finally finished it and I shot it today, and I love it!
Attachment Attached File

Probably going to get rid of the silent sling and use a green carry strap, or none at all.
Can’t wait to see the finished hand guards!
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I, personally, would love to see a Colt M4 brace or a SOPMOD brace.

Earlier in the thread there was some prototypes and ideas but that’s it.

Maybe some experiments with acetone smoothing?

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I, personally, would love to see a Colt M4 brace or a SOPMOD brace.

Earlier in the thread there was some prototypes and ideas but that’s it.

Maybe some experiments with acetone smoothing?

View Quote

Someone on Thingiverse made a M4/Sopmod style brace a while ago that I think is still the best option out there, and I don't personally feel great printing and selling someone else's design unmodified aha.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2934481
Acetone smoothing only works on ABS, which I don't use due to it being effectively outclassed by most other modern filaments due to modern ease of printing (and ABS is notoriously awful to get to print); I tried it on one of my old brace prototypes and it slightly smoothed out the surface but gave the entire thing the consistency of rubber, which was odd and I definitely didn't feel like it was durable.
I'll post some pictures of the LMG handguards in this thread alongside something else I've been tinkering with once I get the third revision of the handguards printing (this stuff takes time!)
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here’s a question for you all, alongside a reminder that I still have N1 braces printing now alongside the ‘XM177’ style:
What other kinds of furniture would y’all perchance like to see printed and available? One of you emailed me asking about printed boxy Colt LMG handguards, which I’ve been working on printing for a while as a result, and I’ve had other things like Colt 605 rear handguard caps (to look like the custom-made metal handguard cap but simply fitting via pressure over those plastic triangular carbine handguards available) just sitting here, although I didn’t think of selling them because they’re so hyper specific and would likely cost just as much to ship them these days as it would to make them lmao.
So I am curious if anyone has any ideas what could be done next!
View Quote

How about a handguard for the AR-15 survival rifle that never went into production?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#17]
My brace came in a little while ago.  Fit and works great, very good craftsmanship.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Here's my version of a µSOPMOD
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is the M-Forearm Brace 2.0 I have been working on. Designed from the ground up to help provide a flat surface to rest against the forearm.

This is made on an industrial grade SLS printer using Nylon12. It is as close as you can get to injection molding in terms of strength and finish in additive manufacturing.

It is capable of accepting CAA style cheek saddles.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#20]
sick
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is the M-Forearm Brace 2.0 I have been working on. Designed from the ground up to help provide a flat surface to rest against the forearm.

This is made on an industrial grade SLS printer using Nylon12. It is as close as you can get to injection molding in terms of strength and finish in additive manufacturing.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0597/6109/8930/products/20211020_093958-01_bd701ae8-8234-47b5-8430-fcc125db8ada_1024x1024.jpg?v=1634754403

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0597/6109/8930/products/20211020_094401-01_1024x1024.jpg
View Quote

Any chance you can make a few more? Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Any chance you can make a few more? Asking for a friend...
View Quote

Of course, pm sent!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0597/6109/8930/products/20211020_093958-01_bd701ae8-8234-47b5-8430-fcc125db8ada_1024x1024.jpg?v=1634754403

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0597/6109/8930/products/20211020_094401-01_1024x1024.jpg
View Quote

SLS Nylon printing... wow! That looks phenomenal!
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reading on that print process, yeah, that’s pretty impressive!
Amazing work being done in this thread!

Now we just need a SOPMOD stock for MK18 clones.

I dont know shit about CAD or 3D printing but maybe something could be had from here:

https://grabcad.com/library/lmt-sopmod-stock

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How about a handguard for the AR-15 survival rifle that never went into production?
View Quote

That’s definitely an idea, however the way those were assembled was with a one piece tube that was put over the barrel before the gas block, so it wouldn’t really be that desirable as a semi-accurate 3D printed part if you have to take off the FSB/gas block just to put it on, hah.

Here’s something another user here asked for; a Colt LSW handguard kit, separated into two parts for print ability.

I say kit as these need to be glued together and fitted to the castle nut and triangular end cap (slight differences in printing, slight differences in part dimensions, etc), but it was actually quite a fun project.
If anyone else wants one, considering the 30+ hour print time, the fact it’s about half a roll of filament, and the incredible rarity of the originals, plus the only other 3D printed one I know of was in Nylon and likely cost a small fortune to get made by one of those prototyping firms, I think 250 is a understandable price.
When it comes to other projects:
I have the N1 braces available still (1 still in stock (hardy har) if anyone wants it/more.
I have those 607 rear handguard caps I’ll likely just post the file for on Thingiverse.
I’m also working on a angled foregrip that interfaces with the holes on standard carbine furniture, with hardware for tightening it down, based on the A1 grip so people don’t have to deal with chopping original grips or Airsoft ones.
And as just shared I finished getting these handguards to print consistently.

Any other suggestions as to potential projects would be AWESOME to hear!
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Reading on that print process, yeah, that’s pretty impressive!
Amazing work being done in this thread!

Now we just need a SOPMOD stock for MK18 clones.

I dont know shit about CAD or 3D printing but maybe something could be had from here:

https://grabcad.com/library/lmt-sopmod-stock

View Quote

One is printing as we speak. Standby for impact.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#27]
You are all doin gods work here… lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You are all doin gods work here… lol
View Quote

Here's the SopBrace mock up.

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Doooood……. Yes!
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow! Nice work!
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Alright, small update. Painted the brace to match. Made some small revisions to the next versions. PM for more info if interested.

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Alright, small update. Painted the brace to match. Made some small revisions to the next versions. PM for more info if interested.

https://i.imgur.com/Zqckzkc.jpg
View Quote

I worked on a SopMod brace for awhile and the main problem I ran into was that the latch assembly was not the same as a standard AR-15 stock. I could not find a source for the hardware so I tried to design it using regular AR-15 stuff. Never did get it to look just right and it got pushed to the back burner.

I really love the Nylon prints you are doing. Are you doing them in house? I had a company do a couple for me but it would have really ramped up the price of the braces I sell. Decided to keep doing them in ASA on my Prusa's.

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I worked on a SopMod brace for awhile and the main problem I ran into was that the latch assembly was not the same as a standard AR-15 stock. I could not find a source for the hardware so I tried to design it using regular AR-15 stuff. Never did get it to look just right and it got pushed to the back burner.

I really love the Nylon prints you are doing. Are you doing them in house? I had a company do a couple for me but it would have really ramped up the price of the braces I sell. Decided to keep doing them in ASA on my Prusa's.

View Quote

Thanks, I made my own levers due to the angles. All prints done in house.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Double post
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I sold all my pistols (converted to SBR), I have three of these, ready to go - in great condition. Will likely post on the EE
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Solo, which one do you have?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#38]
M
Quoted:
Solo, which one do you have?
View Quote
McCloud 2nd gen I think (they all look the same)?

RedMcCloud Brace 733 by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 3:31:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Definitely interested. I sent you a message
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 2:57:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
MMcCloud 2nd gen I think (they all look the same)?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49183608841_0142fbcb0f_k.jpgRedMcCloud Brace 733 by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

That’s a first gen
Took me a while to perfect the smaller details!
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That’s a first gen
Took me a while to perfect the smaller details!
View Quote

Are you still making them? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Will there be anymore N23 braces?

PS If anyone has an N23 short brace they aren't needing and want to sell - Please PM me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#44]

shady website taking payments only in money orders or cryptocurrency.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought the same thing - I'd prefer to buy from R Mcloud direct as we have before.

I have some older Gen-1 braces of his I could cut down but they are on other pistols at the moment.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing - I'd prefer to buy from R Mcloud direct as we have before.

I have some older Gen-1 braces of his I could cut down but they are on other pistols at the moment.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry you feel that way guys. I just don't sell enough volume to justify setting up a merchant account to take credit cards. I also got kicked to the curb by PayPal for selling pistol grips a couple years ago. They sat on my money for 6 months.

My options are limited.

If you read the whole thread you will see Red came up with the XM177 style brace. I was inspired by his work and designed my N1 brace. We have since overlapped and we all make versions of the XM177, N1, and N23.

Hopefully you guys didn't think I was trying to steel his designs and sell them as my own. I've been around here for awhile and would never do something like that. My reputation is worth more than that.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#47]
AR180Parts is legit, bought from him myself. (Hi, BigRix! )
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sorry you feel that way guys. I just don't sell enough volume to justify setting up a merchant account to take credit cards. I also got kicked to the curb by PayPal for selling pistol grips a couple years ago. They sat on my money for 6 months.

My options are limited.

If you read the whole thread you will see Red came up with the XM177 style brace. I was inspired by his work and designed my N1 brace. We have since overlapped and we all make versions of the XM177, N1, and N23.

Hopefully you guys didn't think I was trying to steel his designs and sell them as my own. I've been around here for awhile and would never do something like that. My reputation is worth more than that.

View Quote

Good to know its run by a member here - Whew!  

will be putting an order in.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does anyone know how to get in touch with USMC59? He has his email disabled, and I have messaged him a few times, but zero response. That SOPMOD brace is outstanding
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Does anyone know how to get in touch with USMC59? He has his email disabled, and I have messaged him a few times, but zero response. That SOPMOD brace is outstanding
View Quote

I tried the same thing, with negative response, then found the site where he had posted them for sale.

https://www.fightersolutionsgear.com/products/sopmod-stabilizing-brace
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top