Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding. Man I owe you a beer ??
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry you feel that way guys. I just don't sell enough volume to justify setting up a merchant account to take credit cards. I also got kicked to the curb by PayPal for selling pistol grips a couple years ago. They sat on my money for 6 months.

My options are limited.

If you read the whole thread you will see Red came up with the XM177 style brace. I was inspired by his work and designed my N1 brace. We have since overlapped and we all make versions of the XM177, N1, and N23.

Hopefully you guys didn't think I was trying to steel his designs and sell them as my own. I've been around here for awhile and would never do something like that. My reputation is worth more than that.

View Quote

Yup, bought 2 braces from him. Their are other options besides liberal lefty pp.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, so the "prototype" N-23 is about as done as I think I can get it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I tried the same thing, with negative response, then found the site where he had posted them for sale.

https://www.fightersolutionsgear.com/products/sopmod-stabilizing-brace
View Quote

Did you order one from him? I am ready to buy one, buy the lack of comms is distressing
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
My N23 is also near completion - Ordered a brace from AR180 parts this week.  Not quite as good as the prototype version  built above - but it will do.  I cheaped out using a Black Friday BCG group that is serrated and also sinned by using a modern Fostech Echo trigger just for fun

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did you order one from him? I am ready to buy one, buy the lack of comms is distressing
View Quote

I did, however I haven't seen a shipping notification yet. I emailed today to see what the status is
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
If you don't mind would you please let me know what his answer was. I am ready to order one. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Placed an order for a M-Forearm Stabilizing Brace on Nov 17th.
Nothing yet, but I'll give it another week before I email and see where he's at in the que.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
ar180parts.com it’s legitimate! Got my N23 today, everything better that expected.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ar180parts.com it’s legitimate! Got my N23 today, everything better that expected.
View Quote

Cool!  I ordered one as well.  I will post pics when it arrives - An N23 without a brace is evidently hard to aim : )
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My N23 is also near completion - Ordered a brace from AR180 parts this week.  Not quite as good as the prototype version  built above - but it will do.  I cheaped out using a Black Friday BCG group that is serrated and also sinned by using a modern Fostech Echo trigger just for fun

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_2081.jpg
View Quote

Looking real good! An N23A1 variant?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone ordered from fighter solutions before? Was thinking of placing an order. Thnx!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in the same boat as you. I want to order one of his SOPMOD braces but zero comms has made me hit pause. They look fantastic though
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my AR180parts.com order today!https://ar180parts.com/product/n23-pistol-brace/
Will be ordering more stuff as needed.

Arrived quickly and the brace is fantastic on the N23 (N23A1) clone I just added a stock lock from another set had in the pile.
Definitely helps "stabilize" when aiming  as intended :)

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got my AR180parts.com order today!https://ar180parts.com/product/n23-pistol-brace/

Arrived quickly and the brace is fantastic on the N63 (N63A1) clone I just added a stock lock from another set had in the pile.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_2100.jpg
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_2099.jpg

View Quote

Looks outstanding, did it come with the latch and pin
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks outstanding, did it come with the latch and pin
View Quote

They are Not included, but I had another cheap stock lying around and grabbed the parts from it.

JSE Surplus has the hardware for reasonable ($8) - JSE Surplus Stock parts

$7 stock minus hardware

I used these in my earlier braces.  You still need the plastic lever part however.  They have a stock for $7 w/o hardware. so $15 total+shipping for the set if you need these or use from your other stocks.

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the link, just ordered a set
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I did, however I haven't seen a shipping notification yet. I emailed today to see what the status is
View Quote

Did you ever get your shipment.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]

That looks awesome!

I made a N23 brace myself a long while ago as a test variant of my first gen. braces, it seems I should try making those again as well.
This sorta collective development of these braces is awesome, I don't fully care about others 'stepping on my toes' when it comes to these things, everyone's designs have their own differing tweaks and changes so it's all up to personal preference anyhow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Arrived quickly and the brace is fantastic on the N63 (N63A1) clone I just added a stock lock from another set had in the pile.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_2100.jpg
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_2099.jpg

View Quote

That looks great! How's it shoot? I haven't shot mine yet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That looks awesome!

I made a N23 brace myself a long while ago as a test variant of my first gen. braces, it seems I should try making those again as well.
This sorta collective development of these braces is awesome, I don't fully care about others 'stepping on my toes' when it comes to these things, everyone's designs have their own differing tweaks and changes so it's all up to personal preference anyhow.
View Quote

Thanks man, I really like your stuff as well. Big just had the N-23 I was looking for.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That looks great! How's it shoot? I haven't shot mine yet.
View Quote

Mine actually shoots great.  Surprisingly accurate when dialed in and not much different for me to hit at my 40yd indoor range with than a 10.5" pistol.

It jumps a lot in binary mode.  You can keep it on a man size target for two shots but if you do a double tap in binary (4 rds) it goes off paper - need more practice with it. but its a blast (literally).  I have to practice with it to get better with it.

Like my Powder Springs MAC - If you practice with it long enough you can actually hit with it pretty good - Just need more time with it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mine actually shoots great.  Surprisingly accurate when dialed in and not much different for me to hit at my 40yd indoor range with than a 10.5" pistol.

It jumps a lot in binary mode.  You can keep it on a man size target for two shots but if you do a double tap in binary (4 rds) it goes off paper - need more practice with it. but its a blast (literally).  I have to practice with it to get better with it.

Like my Powder Springs MAC - If you practice with it long enough you can actually hit with it pretty good - Just need more time with it.

View Quote

Which binary trigger do you have? Looking to get one for the microSOP.

Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:40:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/480444/240618403_194665722762867_49714585435775-2136313.jpg
View Quote

The one in this little guy is the Echo Sport.  For some reason it seems not as fast than my Echo-2 that I have on a 10.5" pistol.
The echo sport almost seems if it has some mechanical slowness to it that the Eho 2 does not.  I really Like my Echo 2 for the AR.

I have the Franklin on my Scorpion EVO That is very nice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The one in this little guy is the Echo Sport.  For some reason it seems not as fast than my Echo-2 that I have on a 10.5" pistol.
The echo sport almost seems if it has some mechanical slowness to it that the Eho 2 does not.  I really Like my Echo 2 for the AR.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/480444/240618403_194665722762867_49714585435775-2136313.jpg

Guess I'm getting a binary.... ;)
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Any of you get your stuff yet or hear from this guy?
I sent an email over a week ago and haven't heard anything.
Order placed Nov 17th.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2021 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any of you get your stuff yet or hear from this guy?
I sent an email over a week ago and haven't heard anything.
Order placed Nov 17th.

View Quote

I finally got back late yesterday. Can confirm, no brace.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:01:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I finally got back late yesterday. Can confirm, no brace.
View Quote

How were the Aleutians? Too bad this guy doesn't communicate with people who like his designs. He has a well done SOPMOD brace.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How were the Aleutians? Too bad this guy doesn't communicate with people who like his designs. He has a well done SOPMOD brace.
View Quote

Very windy. Actually had my flight canceled due to a volcano spewing ash. Thankfully was able to fly the next day though.

It is frustrating the no contact thing. You come here and hype your product then just disappear. But then again it looks like his last post was Nov 10. Something might have occurred that prevented him from doing these.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I’m not gonna accuse him of anything, but the kind of 3D-printing he uses, the type of material, and the sheer amount of time it would take to print them at that detail, makes me think the braces turned out totally untenable for him.
No excuse for silence, though; I always respond when questioned via email, as should he.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Very windy. Actually had my flight canceled due to a volcano spewing ash. Thankfully was able to fly the next day though.

It is frustrating the no contact thing. You come here and hype your product then just disappear. But then again it looks like his last post was Nov 10. Something might have occurred that prevented him from doing these.
View Quote

I had to go out to the Liberty field once and swore I'd never go back. Insane how damn cold that place is. Uea I have gave up on him, sucks but that's how it works
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:31:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’m not gonna accuse him of anything, but the kind of 3D-printing he uses, the type of material, and the sheer amount of time it would take to print them at that detail, makes me think the braces turned out totally untenable for him.
No excuse for silence, though; I always respond when questioned via email, as should he.
View Quote

Is it really that much harder than printing pla? Either way he could have just told us it wasn't going to pan out
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#33]
The machines that print what he showed in pictures are on the order of $250,000 and up.

I had a 3D printing firm make a couple prototypes for me using those machines and my cost was more than he was charging for the braces.

I also mentioned to him that when I made prototypes for the SOPMOD brace I discovered it used a different latch pin, spring, and lever. He is indicating on his site that those pieces are included, but he doesn't have any pictures of the internals.

I found the SOPMOD to be a no go for me. I was never happy with the design compromises even after 8+ prototypes. I was really looking forward to his stuff.

Lets hope he resurfaces and all is good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The machines that print what he showed in pictures are on the order of $250,000 and up.

I had a 3D printing firm make a couple prototypes for me using those machines and my cost was more than he was charging for the braces.

I also mentioned to him that when I made prototypes for the SOPMOD brace I discovered it used a different latch pin, spring, and lever. He is indicating on his site that those pieces are included, but he doesn't have any pictures of the internals.

I found the SOPMOD to be a no go for me. I was never happy with the design compromises even after 8+ prototypes. I was really looking forward to his stuff.

Lets hope he resurfaces and all is good.
View Quote

Oh shit man. So this isn't something I can print with my prusa printer ?? I hope he does resurface.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat as you. I want to order one of his SOPMOD braces but zero comms has made me hit pause. They look fantastic though
View Quote
Welp, I placed an order and zero comms. Gonna be doing a charge back today. I dont care if it takes a month or two to get to me. If you have zero comms then the consumer has no idea whats going on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#36]
It is unfortunate to hear of the zero comms. I was really liking the M-Forearm brace.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Just checked this thread for the first time since the new year and, damn... as I said, I didn’t think it would’ve been possible to make those braces for a reasonable price (and I count reasonable as ‘anything below $500’, this stuff ain’t cheap when you get to the REAL advanced shit).
However, his absence does inspire me a little... I may whip up a mock-SOPMOD (mockmod?) style brace and see how that goes, and if that works out, big if, I’ll send one to anyone who ordered a brace from that guy and didn’t get one. Sure it wouldn’t be the fancy schmancy super pretty ones like he was showing off, but it’s the right thing to do.
Or, if anyone is fine with just one of my XM177 or N1 style braces and got evidently scammed by this dude, I can send one of those relatively soon, also for free.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Sir, if you make one ill gladly send payment today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:09:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_2081.jpg
View Quote

@cherenkov  Where can I purchase a pair of those handguards? I'd love to build an N23 clone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@cherenkov  Where can I purchase a pair of those handguards? I'd love to build an N23 clone.
View Quote

I had to make them as I couldn't find them commercially.  Recoilweb did an article on making an N23 clone and I followed their method which worked well.  Essentially you have to cut a small section out of a carbine length handguard saving the ends.  I used a hacksaw in a vice to keep a strait cut. Superglue to initially hold it then reinforce with a good epoxy.  I used Metalset A4 epoxy and heated it on warm in the oven for a strong cure.  JB weld
plastic welder, etc. probably would work well too.  Admittedly I tried to do a set of triangle ones too and sacrificed a set of A1 handguards and it looked crappy and felt terrible.  The round ones were relatively easy.  

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-pdw-that-never-was-car-15-model-n-23-131167.html

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just checked this thread for the first time since the new year and, damn... as I said, I didn’t think it would’ve been possible to make those braces for a reasonable price (and I count reasonable as ‘anything below $500’, this stuff ain’t cheap when you get to the REAL advanced shit).
However, his absence does inspire me a little... I may whip up a mock-SOPMOD (mockmod?) style brace and see how that goes, and if that works out, big if, I’ll send one to anyone who ordered a brace from that guy and didn’t get one. Sure it wouldn’t be the fancy schmancy super pretty ones like he was showing off, but it’s the right thing to do.
Or, if anyone is fine with just one of my XM177 or N1 style braces and got evidently scammed by this dude, I can send one of those relatively soon, also for free.
View Quote

I appreciate the offer, but I'm good at this time. Let someone else enjoy your products like I've been doing.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top