Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
OK what just happened?  I saw a BCG on GB that looked suspect too...?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i've sent email too. very interested.

however concerned about if it is authentic or not.
View Quote

Sorry, bud. The seller informed me the item has been sold. I personally did not seal the deal based on concerns of authenticity, also. The logo did not match, to MY PERSONAL eyes. But, thats just my opinion. Until the next one, boys. Cheers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OK what just happened?  I saw a BCG on GB that looked suspect too...?
View Quote

So the bcg that was just mentioned on here looked too much like the one on page 2. The seller was very cool about it, when I asked for further details. He informed me that it was an umbrella factory bcg that he purchased from another seller on here back in 2019. He sent some pics of the bcg and I just did not feel comfortable moving on with the sale, based on the pics I saw. The pics of the logo (to me) did not appeared to be factory. The seller moved on to another buyer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
can anyone post the photos of the one that is questionable?
thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
can anyone post the photos of the one that is questionable?
thanks
View Quote

Those aren't our photos or BCG. With the permission of @CombatShadowLoad I can. Really they're the same as the ones on page 2. Nothing more or less telling.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe I have an Umbrella Corp BCG. I originally bought it through the equipment exchange here probably about 3 or 4 years ago now. I bought it for a build that never got traction and completely forgot about it. It was recently rediscovered hiding in the back of my safe because I bought a bigger one and transitioned all my stuff over to the new safe from the old one. It has been in a receiver and dry-cycled, but never fired as far as I can recall.

Can anyone confirm this is a true UC BCG? Here are the pictures of it. I can take more as well if needed.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe I have an Umbrella Corp BCG. I originally bought it through the equipment exchange here probably about 3 or 4 years ago now. I bought it for a build that never got traction and completely forgot about it. It was recently rediscovered hiding in the back of my safe because I bought a bigger one and transitioned all my stuff over to the new safe from the old one. It has been in a receiver and dry-cycled, but never fired as far as I can recall.

Can anyone confirm this is a true UC BCG? Here are the pictures of it. I can take more as well if needed.

https://i.imgur.com/ZwZtcre.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M8B3e5C.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/A4ke9Rh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NeSMxfe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X1DzRec.jpg
View Quote

Unfortunately not. Those elongated diamonds in the raised portion of the logo is the giveaway. Like I've said before, even the fakes I've seen are of good quality. Most even have the genuine extractor, or if they don't it's a really good fake. I'm of the belief that it was cheaper to source the real ones instead of having them engraved to exact specs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the clarification, now that you mention the diamonds in the center I do agree the logo is similar but different (probably intentionally).

Well I’ll admit I am a bit let down. I thought I stumbled upon something great. If it is worth anything to anyone please feel free to make me an offer on it, otherwise it will continue to hide out in my mew safe as a spare. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thank you for the clarification, now that you mention the diamonds in the center I do agree the logo is similar but different (probably intentionally).

Well I’ll admit I am a bit let down. I thought I stumbled upon something great. If it is worth anything to anyone please feel free to make me an offer on it, otherwise it will continue to hide out in my mew safe as a spare. Thanks!
View Quote

Sending you a PM
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Here's a bonafide UC bcg I have as a spare. The chrome lining is not on the front of the carrier & you'll notice markings on the extractor too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/351839/20210302_163541_jpg-1848665.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/351839/20210302_163450_jpg-1848666.JPG

Here's a bonafide UC bcg I have as a spare. The chrome lining is not on the front of the carrier & you'll notice markings on the extractor too.
View Quote

Sending you a PM
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Graituitous HUUCR shot. 6.8 inside
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#14]

This is what I have.  I bought this from them directly.  Still in plastic unopened.  The black thing that you see on the logo is factory oil.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Needs moar 3D billet

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Im highly interested in it if you are looking to sell it. please let me know. I will send you a PM to discuss things just in case.

Quoted:

Unfortunately not. Those elongated diamonds in the raised portion of the logo is the giveaway. Like I've said before, even the fakes I've seen are of good quality. Most even have the genuine extractor, or if they don't it's a really good fake. I'm of the belief that it was cheaper to source the real ones instead of having them engraved to exact specs.

Yeah that is a dead giveaway as to it being counterfit is teh elongated diamonds on its logo. The extractor may be genuine but the bcg etching is definately faked.

Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/351839/20210302_163541_jpg-1848665.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/351839/20210302_163450_jpg-1848666.JPG

if you're interested in getting rid of that spare you have please let me know. i really have been hunting for one for  a few years now and need it to complete my build.  its the last peice i am really missing. I'll pM you in just a few to discuss it.

thanks guys.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Made good use of my FDE upper, I think.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]

I still need a billet lower. I have a full forged set I'm putting together.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/KvZnHDf4/PXL-20210401-182810583.jpg

Made good use of my FDE upper, I think.
View Quote

Looking good, man.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I still need a billet lower. I have a full forged set I'm putting together.
View Quote

Good luck on that hunt, man. If you do find one, reach deep in the pockets and don't hesitate. Cuz them bad boys rank in some really big bucks, these days. Trust me, i know from experience. Haha. But, you pretty much have to look almost daily to try and catch one. Cheers
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:51:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good luck on that hunt, man. If you do find one, reach deep in the pockets and don't hesitate. Cuz them bad boys rank in some really big bucks, these days. Trust me, i know from experience. Haha. But, you pretty much have to look almost daily to try and catch one. Cheers
View Quote

Yeah, I was lucky to pick up a few spare billets, and was hoping that UCWRG made billet uppers but that never came to be. Might build out 1 billet with my umbrella corps parts, ie forged upper/bcg/ch, and then letting the rest go or building out with Vltor uppers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, doubt. I'll definitely need all the luck I can get. I found one on TacSwap, but the seller ghosted me. I don't mind paying, but one has to be found first. LOL.

Quoted:

Yeah, I was lucky to pick up a few spare billets, and was hoping that UCWRG made billet uppers but that never came to be. Might build out 1 billet with my umbrella corps parts, ie forged upper/bcg/ch, and then letting the rest go or building out with Vltor uppers.

I hear that. If I'm able to find one, more than likely I'll top it off with a Vltor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#23]

I have a couple of these billet lowers, been waiting on a billet upper receiver
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a couple of these billet lowers, been waiting on a billet upper receiver
View Quote

Any interest in selling one if you have a few?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Better dig deep in them pockets hahahahahahahhaha. Just kidding, not really. But just having fun with you, man. Cheers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Better dig deep in them pockets hahahahahahahhaha. Just kidding, not really. But just having fun with you, man. Cheers.
View Quote

LOL, oh, believe me I know. I'm all lubed up for one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I didnt know there were fakes. Can anyone confirm if the one I have is legit?

Thanks
https://imgur.com/3zJCjbt
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

@viper3006 FIFY

Looks to be legit!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

it looks legitimate to me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Just picked up a BCG with the box - I got lucky.

Anyone have a spare charging handle and my build will be complete?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow... how lucky are you, my friend. Hahahaha man, how did you manage to score that one? And good luck on finding the CH to complete your build. I too, only missing the bcg to complete mine. Cheers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good luck, man. Took me longer to find the charging handle than it did for me to find my BCG.
Now if only I could land the elusive billet lower...lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I just need a CH.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Missed this.  So yeah I saw someone on GB selling a rifle with an original Umbrella grip - not the new "textured" one and I contacted him and he sold it to me.  We got to talking and it turns out he had a complete with box BCG he was willing to part with.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.tacticallink.com/umbrella-corp-weapons-research-group-ar15-premium-bolt-carrier-group.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Niche company that made quality but expensive products. Umbrella Corp is a pop culture reference IIRC. Company no longer in existence as far as I know. Good resale value for collectors, I think.

Good lowers, and I believe they pioneered the 23 grip that B5 systems now owns/produces.

Not KAC, but not PSA either. A BCM that's more boutique, in terms of fit and finish maybe? The receiver set I sold looked great, I just don't care for the roll mark.
View Quote
Yup it refers to the video game turned movie series Resident Evil. In the video game the corporation is doing biological research and creates viruses that turn dead people into zombies and others into scary mutated monsters. I'm sure the firearms company chose that name to use the notoriety of that company to garner sales. Interestingly enough the laboratory in Wuhan where the Covid 19 outbreak supposedly started from has an extremely similar logo to the Resident Evil, Umbrella Corp logo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.tacticallink.com/umbrella-corp-weapons-research-group-ar15-premium-bolt-carrier-group.html
View Quote

Hey bud, was there a new drop here recently? Because I tried to check all the websites, including this one for any new activity or news. Cheers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm not 100% certain but I think that's an old listing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#39]
How rare are the grips?  I had one at one point that I am thinking was untextured.  It may still be in the house some place and if its worth something to someone I can search for it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How rare are the grips?  I had one at one point that I am thinking was untextured.  It may still be in the house some place and if its worth something to someone I can search for it.
View Quote

While not extremely prevalent, they aren't fetching the astronomical MSRP ratio that other UCWRG parts are. I actually prefer the untextured over the new textured ones.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

While not extremely prevalent, they aren't fetching the astronomical MSRP ratio that other UCWRG parts are. I actually prefer the untextured over the new textured ones.
View Quote

Yeah, the untextured ones look much better, to me, too. And those are a lil hard to find, too. And yes they do run a nice decent price, not too bad if you can find one. The textured ones can found and bought on the umbrella corp website, still.

P.S. to anyone out there, I'm still looking for a real legit umbrella bcg. Lol..
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, the untextured ones look much better, to me, too. And those are a lil hard to find, too. And yes they do run a nice decent price, not too bad if you can find one. The textured ones can found and bought on the umbrella corp website, still.

P.S. to anyone out there, I'm still looking for a real legit umbrella bcg. Lol..
View Quote

Actually I found mine and it is an untextured one compared to what Rainier has listed on their site right now.  I don't expect huge money for it or anything but if it would go better on someone's UCWR build let me know and I can pull it off and sell it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#43]
What’s the going rate for one of there forged lowers?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

No idea. I still have a set unopened that'll probably be buried with me since I can't figure out what to do with it
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No idea. I still have a set unopened that'll probably be buried with me since I can't figure out what to do with it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I have a few I have had for a couple of years now. I was going to build one lower but just kind of lazy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I wish they would make some more lowers. I found out about this way to late.
I'm an OG RE fan, not a fan of the current crap they've come out with. Would love to build an Umbrella rifle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What's the going rate for one of there forged lowers?
View Quote

I believe there was one lower in the EE awhile back sitting at $2k. Way to rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I believe there was one lower in the EE awhile back sitting at $2k. Way to rich for my blood.
View Quote

Jesus that's nuts. Did it sell? Don't get me wrong I think these are cool, but that's crazy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the going rate for one of there forged lowers?

Wow.  I might sell my un-built one for 2k.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Jesus that's nuts. Did it sell? Don't get me wrong I think these are cool, but that's crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure, I haven't looked in a month or so. I'd expect a small premium for them, but 2K, I'd replace my sold MPX before buying that lower.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top