AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jesus that's nuts. Did it sell? Don't get me wrong I think these are cool, but that's crazy.
View Quote

Go take a look, it's still there. It's the billet lower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What’s the going rate for one of there forged lowers?
View Quote

There was 1 in the EE last night for a short time, latest version. Can't tell if it was presold, sold, or changed their mind. But, you can see what they were asking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
So are these forged lowers ever coming back or are they done with production?
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So are these forged lowers ever coming back or are they done with production?
View Quote

I'm not counting them out just yet but if they do it's going to be a while. Like a long while. I asked some time ago and was told there are no current plans for a run. They keep their soft goods going, so they tells me they do want to keep the ship afloat, even if it's just a side project for them.

I'm really curious what their "regular" hustle is in the years that runs aren't being released. Judging by the timing of email responses, I think Wanda has a separate 9-5.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I know its probably a small minority but with the covid hype and vaccine its shit straight out of RE. You would think theyd want to do some runs to capitalize on it. Like every joe blow did with the zombie craze.

Edit. Or sell the rights to psa and let them make some lowers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The one for $2K was a billet lower. It's high, if you ask me. I tried to talk to the seller, but he wouldn't budge.
Forged are running around $500, a little higher for the ADAC model. The billets are running around $1K.
Uppers are tougher to find and BCGs & charging handles are unicorns.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The one for $2K was a billet lower. It's high, if you ask me. I tried to talk to the seller, but he wouldn't budge.
Forged are running around $500, a little higher for the ADAC model. The billets are running around $1K.
Uppers are tougher to find and BCGs & charging handles are unicorns.
View Quote

This makes me feel a odd knowing that I have an UCWRG raptor charging handle in one of my rifles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This makes me feel a odd knowing that I have an UCWRG raptor charging handle in one of my rifles.
View Quote

@A_Friendly_Manatee message inbound
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@A_Friendly_Manatee message inbound
View Quote

I hope yall come to some agreement @CMCctx. I know you have been looking for a while. And for anyone out there. I'm still looking for a true umbrella bcg. Please no fakes. Lol...
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics of my charging handle.  I purchased it directly from Umbrella.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bonus!  Pics of a NIB Umbrella minimalist LPK (except the grip, which is installed on a lower)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]

This isn't just me drinking the Kool-Aid, but their LPKs are phenomenal. I don't know who they source from, but they're clean and precise. I'm going to see if I can weasel the info next time I email them
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
From what I can tell that was their goal -  if you are going to make something, make it right.  I am just using a raptor CH and I figure its close enough
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I believe there was one lower in the EE awhile back sitting at $2k. Way to rich for my blood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe there was one lower in the EE awhile back sitting at $2k. Way to rich for my blood.

I have a forged lower from their last run i'd might consider selling.  it's just been sitting in the safe in its box since i bought it. if youre really wanting it, send me a pm with what you'd consider paying for it. I dont want 2k, but  i know what i sold my other one i had for back in 2014ish. and would hope for around that or it can sit in the safe. lol

Quoted:

Actually I found mine and it is an untextured one compared to what Rainier has listed on their site right now.  I don't expect huge money for it or anything but if it would go better on someone's UCWR build let me know and I can pull it off and sell it.

If i dont sell my other lower here, i'd be interested in it. i love the grip 23 angle, and prefer the untextured personally.

Quoted:

yeah thats way too rediculous for a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope yall come to some agreement @CMCctx. I know you have been looking for a while. And for anyone out there. I'm still looking for a true umbrella bcg. Please no fakes. Lol...
View Quote

I too am still looking for a BCG by Umbrella.  I'd almost be tempted to trade the Lower i have by them for a BCG by them...

oh and the lower i have that i *might* sell is an ADAC Umbrella Forged lower.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I too am still looking for a BCG by Umbrella.  I'd almost be tempted to trade the Lower i have by them for a BCG by them...

oh and the lower i have that i *might* sell is an ADAC Umbrella Forged lower.
View Quote

Naw, man. Dont get rid of it. Mine is also an ADAC lower, too. Those are becoming more and more scarce. I think you'll regret it later. Lol cheers, man.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Naw, man. Dont get rid of it. Mine is also an ADAC lower, too. Those are becoming more and more scarce. I think you'll regret it later. Lol cheers, man.
View Quote

I agree with this. I have an unopened set in the safe and I almost offloaded it. I'll figure out a use for it eventually
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I agree with this. I have an unopened set in the safe and I almost offloaded it. I'll figure out a use for it eventually
View Quote

Shoot man. I know what you mean. My true trophy is that (red umbrella charging handle) you and I discussed a while back. I think imma just leave it in the packaging in the safe, too. And just use another regular red radian charging handle, in my inventory. For when I do finish my build.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Got this lower during the great panic of 2012-2013, if my memory serves me.
View Quote

Ah yes, when they were periodically releasing (1) lower at a time on their website throughout the night. F5 got quite a workout…
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ah yes, when they were periodically releasing (1) lower at a time on their website throughout the night. F5 got quite a workout…
View Quote

Haha. Yes, sure did. Almost needed a new keyboard after that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

perhaps.. idk.. half me doesnt mind it just sitting collecting dust, since ihave my g2 umbrella built already.  that said, i'd have to collect a lot of unobtainium parts over the years to build another Umbrella.. I'd need an upper receiver, a bolt carrier group x2(one for my origiinal build and this one) another Umbrella Raptor charging handle, another umbrella build kit, and if they ever come out with hand guards and barrels, well there you go too...

what makes the adac so much more desireable?
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#21]
For you guys still looking for a BCG, slide in my DMs. I'm giving up on my second build, and selling the extra I have.
Thought I'd mention it here before I list in the EE. Not cheap; just say'n.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Message sent.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't think you will see any new Umbrella Corp receivers.  Rumor is that Capcom legal department got involved regarding trade mark infringement.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't think you will see any new Umbrella Corp receivers.  Rumor is that Capcom legal department got involved regarding trade mark infringement.
View Quote

That was resolved years ago.  Capcom doesn't own the Umbrella Corp IP for firearm stuff, UCWRG does, which was one of the first discussions I had with their CS people when giving input on the receiver design.  Kinda why the Arfcom logo is widely registered for stuff that arf probably won't ever get into, simply because it keeps someone from filling ownership in that area.

Now if they let it lapse or Capcom found a new angle, maybe, but it used to be solidly locked up.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top