Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
So does anyone know if guys carrying recce/spr type rifles such as the H are typically carrying 20 rounders in their load out or 30s? We see a lot of pics with 20s in the guns, but what about the rest of their mags?
View Quote

Most likely mission dependent if you’re referring to in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stainlineho:
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
So does anyone know if guys carrying recce/spr type rifles such as the H are typically carrying 20 rounders in their load out or 30s? We see a lot of pics with 20s in the guns, but what about the rest of their mags?

I guess my question is what is more common, and if you were going to take an H out with a carrier on for whatever reason, what capacity mags would be filling it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chikenmastr:
Anyone have any ARMS medium rings they want to sell. Still trying to get this thing finished.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475009/3517B931-B65D-49CA-8582-046F51973785_jpe-1751044.JPG
View Quote

PK Firearms has them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Painted, assembled and test fired.  So far it's a lot lighter than I was expecting it to be.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By boxcuta:
Painted, assembled and test fired.  So far it's a lot lighter than I was expecting it to be.

https://i.imgur.com/cIsUZVt.jpg?1
View Quote

That turned out nice. What barrel is that?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

That turned out nice. What barrel is that?
View Quote

Thanks man, the barrel is BA fluted 16" "Premium".  It's a 6.5 Grendel (don't judge me) Ron turned it for a collar when he opened up my AE5.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks man, the barrel is BA fluted 16" "Premium".  It's a 6.5 Grendel (don't judge me) Ron turned it for a collar when he opened up my AE5.

View Quote

I won't judge on that. Many know me as the odd caliber Mk12 builder anyway.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Well then you're my new bff

This will eventually be a 6mm ARC.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up an AEM5 the other day and was thinking about attempting to do a Holland URX4 build. Does anyone know if  the gen 1 ace socom stocks were used for that gun or gens 1-3?

Appreciate any help!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
[NewspaperCatMeme]I should buy a PVS-27[/NewspaperCateMeme]

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
So I ordered a complete PRI Mod H upper and it was my understanding later in Mod H life that PRI did supply their complete uppers to the military. With that said, is the PRI BCG clone correct or should it be a colt?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Gents, I just finished reading 89 pages of this and my wallet is about to take a hit here.

One question I have that isn't quite clear, were any Mod H's ever built with polished/bead blasted stainless barrels?

I'm aware of the couple close ups of the Noveske FDE barrels, as well as some black coated barrels, but have we actually seen any confirmed evidence that these were built with unfinished stainless barrels? I'm planning to order a Bison and trying to decide between bead blasted and FDE finish.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ctres94:
Gents, I just finished reading 89 pages of this and my wallet is about to take a hit here.

One question I have that isn't quite clear, were any Mod H's ever built with polished/bead blasted stainless barrels?

I'm aware of the couple close ups of the Noveske FDE barrels, as well as some black coated barrels, but have we actually seen any confirmed evidence that these were built with unfinished stainless barrels? I'm planning to order a Bison and trying to decide between bead blasted and FDE finish.
View Quote

In for the answers to this as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

FYI: The step for the collar is not in the proper location for an SPR on the new Bison barrels. They are cut for an M4 collar.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

FYI: The step for the collar is not in the proper location for an SPR on the new Bison barrels. They are cut for an M4 collar.
View Quote

Source for that info? their site says otherwise for the SPR barrels. I'd be more inclined to go with the PRI Bergara if it weren't a 1:8.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Source for that info? their site says otherwise for the SPR barrels. I'd be more inclined to go with the PRI Bergara if it weren't a 1:8.
View Quote

The barrel sitting in my parts bin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
It looks like they have two 16" 223 Wylde barrels, the Recon and the SPR. The Recon appears to have the step further forward for the M4 collar as you said. The SPR version pictured on the site appears to have the step further back in the normal spot. Do you have the Recon or SPR?

I sent an email to them to clarify as well, thanks for the heads up on this, I won't be ordering one if it won't fit a standard MK12 long Collar.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
It looks like they have two 16" 223 Wylde barrels, the Recon and the SPR. The Recon appears to have the step further forward for the M4 collar as you said. The SPR version pictured on the site appears to have the step further back in the normal spot. Do you have the Recon or SPR?

I sent an email to them to clarify as well, thanks for the heads up on this, I won't be ordering one if it won't fit a standard MK12 long Collar.
View Quote

Okay, you may be alright then. I would clarify the location before ordering.

I went with the 6.8 barrel. It showed two different locations in their pics for the collar location. You know what they say about ass-uming . A mess up on my part, that will be remedied as soon as I can get it to an engine lathe.

Didn't realize they had two different profiles listed on their .223 barrels. Wanted to spare you my headache.

My barrel looks great. Just that darn step.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Answer I just received from Ben at Bison on this:

'Our SPR barrels are compatible with AEM products, and in particular the SPR is made for the Ops Inc 12th model which is the same as the AEM5 IIRC.
We worked with Ron at AE to make sure the dimensions are right and I run Ops Inc 12th models on these barrels personally so I know they are correct.'

I think this addresses the question. Really great service from Bison as well to provide such a detailed response so quickly on a weekend.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
To piggy back off of this... maybe someone can answer my questions on these specific rifles. More of a block II kind of guy and the mk12 world is new tome. So Paging @haveblue83...

Attachment Attached File

The above rifle appears to have a cerakote upper? Which means potentially rebuilt pri correct?

Additionally this next rifle the lower seems to be the one that is cerakoted as the controls are mismatched to the lower and the lack of extreme wear points more towards the more durable cerakote.

Attachment Attached File

last question is can anyone tell what upper receiver it was built on?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:42:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#22]
the upper/barrel were fde coated, points to later pri job.

lower might just be some tough aerovue paint? dont recall seeing a coated lower.

i been away from mod h stuff...bout to change mine up to more recce style.

mine is a bison SPR. i bead blasted and painted it tan. 7-8 turns on the collar. they are gtg. shoot great, have been to 900yds.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#23]

Correct scope is gonna have to wait
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:51:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
To piggy back off of this... maybe someone can answer my questions on these specific rifles. More of a block II kind of guy and the mk12 world is new tome. So Paging @haveblue83...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/3B158447-D3A5-411A-B336-5D0AC4EA53B5_jpe-1804075.JPG

The above rifle appears to have a cerakote upper? Which means potentially rebuilt pri correct?

Additionally this next rifle the lower seems to be the one that is cerakoted as the controls are mismatched to the lower and the lack of extreme wear points more towards the more durable cerakote.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/48FC39BF-9E13-46D3-9B39-B27CF00B6D40_jpe-1804081.JPG

last question is can anyone tell what upper receiver it was built on?
View Quote

Hollands weren't put together with bare stainless barrels. There were a few "prototypes" assembled off Brownells parts orders with black coated SS barrels. The rest were converted from existing SPR uppers and a few were scratch built, probably to replace totally busted uppers or the handful of SPR uppers sold/kept by PRI.

On the upper you asked about it was a converted SPR upper, so pick from Armalite or Colt AF forge. Small chance of Diemaco but most likely the first two. Not enough pixels to see a rollmark through worn spraypaint. I haven't talked to the guy that sent me the pics of his Holland in a long time and doubt I can get him to verify it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#25]

https://i.imgur.com/cIsUZVt.jpg?1
View Quote
@boxcuta is that a Galizien Lion crest?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
@boxcuta is that a Galizien Lion crest?
View Quote

@stoner63a  Depends who's asking...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#27]
One step closer.
AEM cleared in under 4 months!!!

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone sees a Gen 3 ACE M4 SOCOM stock for sale, or has one they don't need , please let me know.

You used to be able to find them occasionally, here or other sites, but I haven't seen one for sale in a couple months.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shlouf] [#29]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:
If anyone sees a Gen 3 ACE M4 SOCOM stock for sale, or has one they don't need , please let me know.

You used to be able to find them occasionally, here or other sites, but I haven't seen one for sale in a couple months.
View Quote

Even worse is seeing a pristine one on an abomination of a rifle the owner wants more for than a brand new SR-15 and not willing to part it out

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:

Even worse is seeing a pristine one on an abomination of a rifle the owner wants more for than a brand new SR-15 and not willing to part it out

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#31]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

It's a shame the Gen 3 ACE..uh..I mean, The Hammer is being used on such a thing.

Is that an actual reference to the Gen 3, or was that smoke coming out of one's ass?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

It's a shame the Gen 3 ACE..uh..I mean, The Hammer is being used on such a thing.

Is that an actual reference to the Gen 3, or was that smoke coming out of one's ass?
View Quote

Wonder how battered the slot notches are on it with the 50AE upper. 5.56 for how mild it is does a number on them over time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#33]

Wonder how battered the slot notches are on it with the 50AE upper. 5.56 for how mild it is does a number on them over time.
View Quote

That didn't even cross my mind. This guy claims it to be indestructible though.. We should believe him, as this stock is The Hammer... oops..
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:48:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shlouf] [#34]

View All Quotes

I've heard it called something similar before with some guys talking about the H on clonerifles Instagram. I think he said it was nicknamed the jaw breaker/buster or something like that.

If he actually shot more than 1 box of ammo through it, that would be a valid concern. I'm guessing it's probably in pretty good condition though
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Well gents, I received the first of my parts to embark on my holland build. This is just a mock up with many changes yet to be made.

Speaking of parts, due to a mishap with opticsplanet, I have a second brand new PRI tube and Recce rail on the way. If anyone is interested and wants to avoid the mess of dealing with opticsplanet hit me up before I return them. Hope that's okay to post here.

I'm also looking for a lead on an AEM5 in stock. If anyone knows where I can order one, give me a heads up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone have a TS30 3-9x36 on the Holland they can share of a pic of?  Debating whether to go that route, do another 3.5-10 or maybe even give the SMRS a go.

TIA!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Anyone have a TS30 3-9x36 on the Holland they can share of a pic of?  Debating whether to go that route, do another 3.5-10 or maybe even give the SMRS a go.

TIA!
View Quote

Speaking for my own interests .. the Holland is shorter, cuts weight down a great deal, I personally would go with that 1-8 Bushnell. If I was better prepared I would be hitting up that one on the EE
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Speaking for my own interests .. the Holland is shorter, cuts weight down a great deal, I personally would go with that 1-8 Bushnell. If I was better prepared I would be hitting up that one on the EE
View All Quotes

TIA!

Thanks for the feedback.  I've being thinking on that a bit.  The SMRS seems great but is apparently heavy.  I've never held one but paper says 23oz.  Plus I'd want to grab a Larue OBR 34mm which is another $300, LOL.  Either way I'd be in for around the same money and similar weight in guessing.  But again, never handled one so I could be mistaken.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks for the feedback.  I've being thinking on that a bit.  The SMRS seems great but is apparently heavy.  I've never held one but paper says 23oz.  Plus I'd want to grab a Larue OBR 34mm which is another $300, LOL.  Either way I'd be in for around the same money and similar weight in guessing.  But again, never handled one so I could be mistaken.
View Quote

I didnt even think about the weight of the SMRS until you mentioned it tbh.. but, FFP 1-8 speaks most to me. I just picked up another x24 recently though, so my glass budget for awhile is spent
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#40]

I didnt even think about the weight of the SMRS until you mentioned it tbh.. but, FFP 1-8 speaks most to me. I just picked up another x24 recently though, so my glass budget for awhile is spent
View All Quotes

Sounds like someone may have grabbed a NF from EO?  Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#41]

View Quote

Nope, off ARF. Kind of by accident too actually
Attachment Attached File

The first, less correct one got put on the H
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#42]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210220_183916_jpg-1834226.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210220_183916_jpg-1834226.JPG

That is down right badass!  Am gonna give the SMRS a try.  I already had grabbed ARMS #22 medium so gonna have to put those aside and find something 34mm.  Hate to drop nearly $300 on a mount but the SMRS sure would look good in the OBR mount.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Given that the SMRS is 34mm, which mounts/rings would be kosher with the Recce rail?  Would the LT111 OBR be the only option?  Was looking at NF 34mm rings but I didn't see them on the menu on page 1 so figured I'd ask.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Given that the SMRS is 34mm, which mounts/rings would be kosher with the Recce rail?  Would the LT111 OBR be the only option?  Was looking at NF 34mm rings but I didn't see them on the menu on page 1 so figured I'd ask.
View Quote

I've only seen that single pic with that setup.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Thanks.  That's all I've been able to find as well so I guess I'll be stuck with it since I'm going the SMRS route.  I'm a pretty consistent kinda guy, I like to have common caliber in all my guns so they can share ammo, go for 30mm scopes so I have mounts that work for all of them, etc..  With the SMRS being 34mm it's thrown a wrench in the plan.  Par for the cloning experience I suppose
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:49:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#46]
Mocked up the upper tonight.  Nothing tightened down yet.  Was actually giddy when my wife sent me a text earlier saying I had a package from something called Precision Reflex 🙂

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Mocked up the upper tonight.  Nothing tightened down yet.  Was actually giddy when my wife sent me a text earlier saying I had a package from something called Precision Reflex 🙂

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210223_214732_jpg-1838963.JPG
View Quote

Looking good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Not the latest and greatest, but Weapon Outfitters still has surplus KAC 34mm one-piece mounts for ~$250 (link). The one I received was brand-new and sealed.

Were they used on the Mod H? Probably not in any great number (we have seen the KAC 30mm one-piece but that might have been a personally owned upper). Nonetheless, it's still a "clone-worthy" part.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:35:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#49]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Not the latest and greatest, but Weapon Outfitters still has surplus KAC 34mm one-piece mounts for ~$250 (link). The one I received was brand-new and sealed.

Were they used on the Mod H? Probably not in any great number (we have seen the KAC 30mm one-piece but that might have been a personally owned upper). Nonetheless, it's still a "clone-worthy" part.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the lead, much appreciated!  Any idea what page that pic you mentioned is on? NM, found it on 688 in MK12 thread.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#50]

Thanks for the lead, much appreciated!  Any idea what page that pic you mentioned is on? NM, found it on 688 in MK12 thread.
View All Quotes

Edit: I see you found it. Posted below for pic thread.

Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top