User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:50:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Thanks for the lead, much appreciated!  Any idea what page that pic you mentioned is on? NM, found it on 688 in MK12 thread.
View Quote

When you get that SMRS mounted, I wanna see pics. I've been wanting to get one since I finished my build. I might need some more inspiration for it again

ETA: shit, page ownage ..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#2]
Any of you guys have both a PRI Gen III and a Geissele Mk16 13.5”?  I’m curious how similar they are in size and such.  I have a 16” Bergera waiting for a Gen III, and I’m just curious how it compares to my Mk16 rail.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By romad99:
Any of you guys have both a PRI Gen III and a Geissele Mk16 13.5”?  I’m curious how similar they are in size and such.  I have a 16” Bergera waiting for a Gen III, and I’m just curious how it compares to my Mk16 rail.
View Quote

The Mk16 looks to be about an inch longer than the PRI Gen 3 so I don't think it would work with an AEM5 on a 16" barrel.

Also if the Mk16 top rail was a little shorter, it would fit inside the PRI Gen 3.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

The Mk16 looks to be about an inch longer than the PRI Gen 3 so I don't think it would work with an AEM5 on a 16" barrel.

Also if the Mk16 top rail was a little shorter, it would fit inside the PRI Gen 3.
View Quote

Thanks, for that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#5]
Think I know the answer to this (at least what HaveBlue83 would say LOL) but how blasphemous would it be to go with the Larue LT120 vs the LT111 OBR to mount the SMRS?  My fear is the LT111 will be higher than I want with the recce rail and the LT120 is about a quarter inch lower.

Salty upper pic for effect.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#6]
Think I know the answer to this (at least what HaveBlue83 would say LOL) but how blasphemous would it be to go with the Larue LT120 vs the LT111 OBR to mount th SMRS?  My fear is the LT111 will be higher than I want with the recce rail and the LT120 is about a quarter inch lower.
View Quote

Meh, OBR has been seen in the wild. I like 1.93" scope height. Recce rail and the OBR will put me close to it for my 6.5G non clone Mod H.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Meh, OBR has been seen in the wild. I like 1.93" scope height. Recce rail and the OBR will put me close to for my 6.5G non clone Mod H.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5527/Ce1BRv.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Think I know the answer to this (at least what HaveBlue83 would say LOL) but how blasphemous would it be to go with the Larue LT120 vs the LT111 OBR to mount th SMRS?  My fear is the LT111 will be higher than I want with the recce rail and the LT120 is about a quarter inch lower.

Meh, OBR has been seen in the wild. I like 1.93" scope height. Recce rail and the OBR will put me close to for my 6.5G non clone Mod H.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5527/Ce1BRv.jpg

I've never tried that height so prob why I'm afraid of it being too high.  But I've had a couple folks come back telling me it's really comfortable.  May give it a whirl, at least it will be kosher (I think).
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]

I've never tried that height so prob why I'm afraid of it being too high.  But I've had a couple folks come back telling me it's really comfortable.  May give it a whirl, at least it will be kosher (I think).
View Quote

I'm 6'1" and have a long head. 1.93" is very comfortable for me as I don't have to lay my head across the rifle and can shoot with a more "head up" position.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm 6'1" and have a long head. 1.93" is very comfortable for me as I don't have to lay my head across the rifle and can shoot with a more "head up" position.
View All Quotes

Awesome.  TY for the info, much appreciated 👍

On a side note, another piece of puzzle H showed up today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I have 1.375" NF A110s on top of my recce rail right now and while I think it looks a bit funny I actually am finding that I don't mind the height much.

I did some rattle can work on my H build last night and need to get it fully assembled now, but I'm digging how it turned out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ctres94:

I have 1.375" NF A110s on top of my recce rail right now and while I think it looks a bit funny I actually am finding that I don't mind the height much.

I did some rattle can work on my H build last night and need to get it fully assembled now, but I'm digging how it turned out.
View All Quotes

Awesome.  Share some pics for pic thread
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Kinda feel like it could benefit from a bit of brown added to the mix.

The search for an AEM5 continues as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
https://i.imgur.com/qauFHoS.jpg

Kinda feel like it could benefit from a bit of brown added to the mix.

The search for an AEM5 continues as well.
View Quote

Nice!  CTR looks good on these too.  I feel your pain on AEM5.  Been backordered through DSG for a few months now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah somehow the CTR just kinda works on the Mod H somehow IMO, even though it seems like it shouldn't. Might try out a Sopmod on it at some point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Did any of the Leupold optics come with matching reticle and turrets? Are there any that are definitely easily convertible?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Mod H-ish 6.5 Grendel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#17]
That looks sweet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s a work in progress.  Since I failed to buy an AEM5 last year, the SPECWAR556K or my SOCOM556 will have to hold down the fort.  

Colt upper
PRI Gasbuster
Toolcraft Contract BCG
Bergera 16” from PRI
Stag SBR lower is placeholder until I build an M4A1 (closer to correct and looks better)

Thanks to @ctres94 for the help on a forearm.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s a work in progress.  Since I failed to buy an AEM5 last year, the SPECWAR556K or my SOCOM556 will have to hold down the fort.  

Colt upper
PRI Gasbuster
Toolcraft Contract BCG
Bergera 16” from PRI
Stag SBR lower is placeholder until I build an M4A1 (closer to correct and looks better)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249363/7EB77A68-59E6-4EEE-9408-021AEE673D3B-1848844.jpg
View Quote

Needs more paint.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Colt upper
PRI Gasbuster
Toolcraft Contract BCG
Bergera 16” from PRI

View Quote

Looking good man! I'm a tad jelly of that FDE barrel, have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:15:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#21]

Looking good man! I'm a tad jelly of that FDE barrel, have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
View Quote

I just assembled it this afternoon.  I doubt I’ll shoot until next week.  I’ll post some pictures of the results.

ETA: I’m going to use hand load 77gr for this.  So it should work well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#22]
You will enjoy it.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#23]
hey boi's, my urx 4 is in the ee if anyone is trying to go that route.

i went to a urx 3.1 so its just a recce bastid now :)
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
hey boi's, my urx 4 is in the ee if anyone is trying to go that route.

i went to a urx 3.1 so its just a recce bastid now :)
View Quote

Selling off your ACE Gen 3 stock too?

Just asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#25]
BEEEEEEEEN GONE. hunterex or someone got the mk4 and ace and hg lol.

this my bish now. :P

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Nice shots.  I just downloaded Ballistic X and I should shoot it next week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#27]
BEEEEEEEEN GONE. hunterex or someone got the mk4 and ace and hg lol.

this my bish now. :P

https://i.ibb.co/RT89WHd/IMG-20210301-222918140.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#28]
^^^^yeah that a$$hole
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

^^^^yeah that a$$hole

Good score.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#30]
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rgb:
https://i.imgur.com/HqvGe6u.jpg
View Quote

That's hot!
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

That post reminds me that I need 20rd mags, paint, and a correct optic.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#34]
SMRS arrived.   The mount won't be here until early next week but I used some cheapies I had on hand to prop it up just to get a feel for it.  All I can say so far is this thing is a brick, not just in weight but also construction.  I sat it next to my Steiner P4xi and it makes it seem like a toy.

Will post good pics when the Larue mount gets here next and I have it all setup.

Look at the size of those turrets!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#35]
SMRS arrived.   The mount won't be here until early next week but I used some cheapies I had on hand to prop it up just to get a feel for it.  All I can say so far is this thing is a brick, not just in weight but also construction.  I sat it next to my Steiner P4xi and it makes it seem like a toy.

Will post good pics when the Larue mount gets here next and I have it all setup.

Look at the size of those turrets!  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210306_183256_jpg-1854961.JPG
View Quote

Yuuge turrets. I like it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, it was a long shot to begin with and I'm sure it's been tried before, but I contacted Doublestar and inquired about doing a special run of G1 Socom stocks and committed to a minimum purchase quantity - not interested.  LOL.  I had to try.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, it was a long shot to begin with and I'm sure it's been tried before, but I contacted Doublestar and inquired about doing a special run of G1 Socom stocks and committed to a minimum purchase quantity - not interested.  LOL.  I had to try.
View Quote

I'd be happy if they would just make the correct gusset available to replace the endplate and castle nut.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Almost part of the club. Ordered barrel, gas block, and brake today. When it gets here the upper can be built! Still need an optic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#39]

I'd be happy if they would just make the correct gusset available to replace the endplate and castle nut.
View All Quotes

Agreed!  They sell replacement gussets for some of their other stocks.  Not sure why they don't for the Socom.  Prob just to screw with the cloners
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Almost part of the club. Ordered barrel, gas block, and brake today. When it gets here the upper can be built! Still need an optic.
View Quote

Awesome, congrats!  Some good kosher optics in the EE currently, though some are priced a bit high.  But also some good as well.  What are you thinking of going with?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Awesome, congrats!  Some good kosher optics in the EE currently, though some are priced a bit high.  But also some good as well.  What are you thinking of going with?
View Quote

To be honest, I’m unsure. I have a 1-6 razor on my go to rifle, so looking at the SMRS, ATACR, and Leupold 2.5-8 options don’t really speak very high to me as an increase on the optic end of things. I feel like I would want a litttle more magnification to set it apart. Think id be looking at the 10x Leupolds.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:14:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#42]
View All Quotes

G1 = Gen 1? Gen 3 is the one you want for a correct Holland stock, need that square button. Gen 1 were round, and incorrect gusset
Attachment Attached File

Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

To be honest, I’m unsure. I have a 1-6 razor on my go to rifle, so looking at the SMRS, ATACR, and Leupold 2.5-8 options don’t really speak very high to me as an increase on the optic end of things. I feel like I would want a litttle more magnification to set it apart. Think id be looking at the 10x Leupolds.

If you're looking for up to 10 zoom, I really dig the NF 2.5-10x24 on the H, I think the shorter barrel of the Holland mated with a smaller scope is a perfect mix.

Looking forward to seeing that SMRS fixed up proper jawbox, something I've thought about getting since I started my Holland project
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

G1 = Gen 1? Gen 3 is the one you want for a correct Holland stock, need that square button. Gen 1 were round, and incorrect gusset
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210307_231548_jpg-1856968.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210307_231548_jpg-1856968.JPG

Sorry, meant Gen 3.  They weren't interested sadly.  Means I just gotta keep searching!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:24:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#44]

Sorry, meant Gen 3.  They weren't interested sadly.  Means I just gotta keep searching!
View Quote

Expected them to come to that conclusion. Handful of guys in this and the other mk12 thread have inquired information on the ACE.

You fired back before my last edit
Eager to see that SMRS in the right mount, been lowkey wanting that scope for the H for awhile
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Expected them to come to that conclusion. Handful of guys in this and the other mk12 thread have inquired information on the ACE.

You fired back before my last edit
Eager to see that SMRS in the right mount, been lowkey wanting that scope for the H for awhile
View Quote

If UPS stays on track the mount should be here tomorrow.  My wife prob thinks I've gone mental and assumed the persona of a ship captain.  Been walking around with the SMRS all weekend looking through it like a damn telescope, LOL.  The glass is crystal clear.  I'd expect good glass from Japan, but the clarity puts my Trijicon and Steiner to shame.  It could just be that 34mm tube letting more light in, but it's amazingly clear.  Am super anxious to get it setup!  Will def post some pics this week.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:46:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#46]

If UPS stays on track the mount should be here tomorrow.  My wife prob thinks I've gone mental and assumed the persona of a ship captain.  Been walking around with the SMRS all weekend looking through it like a damn telescope, LOL.  The glass is crystal clear.  I'd expect good glass from Japan, but the clarity puts my Trijicon and Steiner to shame.  It could just be that 34mm tube letting more light in, but it's amazingly clear.  Am super anxious to get it setup!  Will def post some pics this week.
View Quote

HA! I'm about to be in the same boat with an F1
yeah, the larger tube makes a big difference. Look forward to seeing it!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#47]
Took the Mod-H (ish) to the range for the first time.  I only have a 1-6 and I suck (first time shooting in a year) so this ain’t that good.

Bergera 16” PRI barrel.

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Took the Mod-H (ish) to the range for the first time.  I only have a 1-6 and I suck (first time shooting in a year) so this ain’t that good.

Bergera 16” PRI barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249363/C90FEDAA-2704-4262-B111-4700E0AA90BA-1857334.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249363/6E05F3B1-01DE-4F76-9F5B-FB29EFDADAA3-1857347.jpg
View Quote

1.2 MOA isn't good?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:

1.2 MOA isn't good?
View Quote

Not in my opinion.  At least the barrel, ammo, and trigger should be able to squeeze better than that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for posting your groups. 1.2 MOA is not bad but I'd agree that it seems like sub MOA should be reasonable, and I think you can do it. Standing by for updates, I'll try to do the same whenever I finally get a chance to shoot this Bison barrel. I have some 77gr SMK from PVM and some Aussie outback 55gr blitzking to test out.
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top