Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vehemence:
Dude on YouTube with a video titled: CLONE RIFLES: CLASSES OF CLONES stated HK style Troy Battle Sights are clone correct. He closed the segment saying, “… rest assured, you’re good to go.”

… ???

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. Without getting into any political discussions of how crappy Troy Industries is now, could someone in the know please shed some light on this?

Dude said they had cage codes and were used on both Block IIs and Mk 18 Mod 1s/CQBRs the field. He said those issued were FDE, but if they actually were issued, can anyone verify if they were all FDE, or black as well?

Thanks!
View Quote

Troy does have CAGE codes assigned to their front/rear sights along with NSN #s.

As far as issued? Doubtful.
COTS/unit purchase? Possibly.

I've not seen any. (Which doesn't mean much).
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude on YouTube with a video titled: CLONE RIFLES: CLASSES OF CLONES stated HK style Troy Battle Sights are clone correct. He closed the segment saying, “… rest assured, you’re good to go.”

… ???

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. Without getting into any political discussions of how crappy Troy Industries is now, could someone in the know please shed some light on this?

Dude said they had cage codes and were used on both Block IIs and Mk 18 Mod 1s/CQBRs the field. He said those issued were FDE, but if they actually were issued, can anyone verify if they were all FDE, or black as well?

Thanks!
View Quote

Not trying to be a dick but hes not really a "clone" kinda guy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:58:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#3]

… ???

Thanks!
View Quote

I have never seen in person or in any official TM/OM/TRS.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:50:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#4]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

… ???

Thanks!

I was hoping you’d chime in. Just as I suspected, dude was, let’s just say, (most likely) totally incorrect in his statement.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]

I was hoping you’d chime in. Just as I suspected, dude was, let’s just say, (most likely) totally incorrect in his statement.
View Quote

AWG guys had them, almost all the AWG photos I’ve seen have the Troy sights

Gotta zoom in but they are there

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
And on that note I’m still looking for specs on the g34s the AWG guys had lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#7]
Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388771/746CEA71-0361-486A-9A08-EFBA436B11BE_jpe-2754687.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388771/DA6464F9-0FB7-4F91-810B-C69B6B51ACEF_jpe-2754689.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388771/746CEA71-0361-486A-9A08-EFBA436B11BE_jpe-2754687.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388771/DA6464F9-0FB7-4F91-810B-C69B6B51ACEF_jpe-2754689.JPG

Interesting…. I figured I should add the disclaimer (most likely) before saying the dude was wrong. Glad I did - apparently he wasn’t.

The ones in your photos appear to be black, are you able to tell the color?

Thanks!

Edit: I just found a bunch of pictures here:

AWG Photos

I am admittedly color blind, but what I can tell from shades, it looks like they use both black and FDE HK style Troy Battle Sights.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Interesting…. I figured I should add the disclaimer (most likely) before saying the dude was wrong. Glad I did - apparently he wasn’t.

Thanks!

AWG Photos

I am admittedly color blind, but what I can tell from shades, it looks like they use both black and FDE HK style Troy Battle Sights.
View Quote

Every one I’ve seen are black
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

On that note, the AWG guns seem to be fairly consistent
Sights: Troy HK
Grip: a2 or Tangodown bg16
Front grip: magpul afg(black and fde)
Stock: sopmod gen 1(black) or ctr(black/fde)
Rear receiver sling mounts I’ve seen: Tangodown pr4, Daniel defense(old style) and one other I haven’t been able to identify
Optic: tan acog (I don’t know enough about them to identify which model but they all appear to be the same)
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Troy sights have also been on GB guns, not that anybody is cloning them that they know of.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Thanks!

AWG Photos

Groovy, thanks. The few pairs I have are all black. Now I have a new rifle to clone
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe Troys are used on FBI/HRT builds as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSPA] [#13]
Uggg those Troys look so wrong on there… big fat front sights.

gross… lol

So anyways, to another topic…

Has anyone used an Eotech magnifier with an Aimpoint in a Wilcox mount?
I was planning for a T2/G33 combo but T2 prices are stupid.
Curious if anyone has tried and how did it work/line up.
I can’t seem to find any measurements on the optical center of each of them… just “lower 1/3” and we all know that shit’s all over the map.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:27:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#14]

Thanks!

AWG Photos

View Quote

Remember AWG is NOT under SOCOM, hence SOPMOD doesn't apply to them nor belong here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Remember AWG is NOT under SOCOM, hence SOPMOD doesn't apply to them nor belong here.
View All Quotes

Thanks!

AWG Photos

10-4
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#16]
The Block II was the first clone I ever really tried to go all out on, and was my excuse for an M203

[/url]
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AndyB1:
The Block II was the first clone I ever really tried to go all out on, and was my excuse for an M203

https://i.postimg.cc/WzZLJB1H/blockurgi-1.jpg[/url]
https://i.postimg.cc/zDH1MgFF/blockurgi-2.jpg
View Quote

M203 master race

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Those 203 rifles have to be every bit of like 12lbs… daaang…

I was goofin with the scale and rifles the other day and was surprised my block 2 is only like 5oz heavier than by block 1.
When I swapped out the block 2 stock and grip, they weighed the same unloaded. I was pretty surprised.
I didn’t remove optics or anything, just as the rifle is.
Both lighter than my Scar 16 /TA33 which I thought surprising as well.

The plain ole KISS M4 was over a pound lighter; felt l like a toy. Lolz
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#19]
So I have one non fsp ris II upper with the NF ATACR FDE 1-8 and a secondary looking for something else.  So Elcan or MK6
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
So I have one non fsp ris II upper with the NF ATACR FDE 1-8 and a secondary looking for something else.  So Elcan or MK6
View Quote

Elcan… the other already has an LPVO.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JSPA:

Elcan  the other already has an LPVO.
View Quote
I think he might be referring to the 3-18 mk6
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View Quote

Yeah I’ve got 3 Acogs, multiple NF Scopes from 1-8 to 7-35 alongside multiple Eotechs just looking for something different to a degree I guess or more of a reason to spend money!  Also have the MK5 3.6-18
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Oops… I meant to write scope but was talking to someone about lpvos so I typed that instead
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Scored this to go on my NSW DMR, now to find a non-FSP RIS II and a proper scope mount.  So far seems like the correct IMS mount is gonna be a quest to find.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
hey guys,

im trying to build a block II and got an exps3-0 + g33 combo for the optic. is it kosher to put it on to unity tactical riser? any reference pics for it?

thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RecceMiguelGabriel:
hey guys,

im trying to build a block II and got an exps3-0 + g33 combo for the optic. is it kosher to put it on to unity tactical riser? any reference pics for it?

thanks.
View Quote

I don’t recall seeing them but that’s just me.
Seems like I always remember just standard exps & g33s
I’m sure CD could give you a better answer as there may be some unit or personal purchased kits.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#27]

I don’t recall seeing them but that’s just me.
Seems like I always remember just standard exps & g33s
I’m sure CD could give you a better answer as there may be some unit or personal purchased kits.
View Quote

Sorry, haven't paid any risers any attention.  If I have I've already posted the pictures.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Needs paint
View All Quotes

It was painted. Originally it was a MK18 Mod 0. I just didn’t shoot it much in that configuration since I have a MK18 Mod 1. So I pulled those parts off to build an early Block I which I’m almost done with, just need to buy the TA01 NSN and I’m waiting on a PEQ-2 I ordered to arrive. Anyways, I cleaned the paint off and made it into a Block II. I have too many KAC Taupe parts to paint over them. What’s the point in taking the time to find the parts in a particular color only to paint over them. One thing I did learn from painting, using citristrip made the KAC selector turn a more flat grey vs black.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MK318:

It was painted. Originally it was a MK18 Mod 0. I just didn’t shoot it much in that configuration since I have a MK18 Mod 1. So I pulled those parts off to build an early Block I which I’m almost done with, just need to buy the TA01 NSN and I’m waiting on a PEQ-2 I ordered to arrive. Anyways, I cleaned the paint off and made it into a Block II. I have too many KAC Taupe parts to paint over them. What’s the point in taking the time to find the parts in a particular color only to paint over them. One thing I did learn from painting, using citristrip made the KAC selector turn a more flat grey vs black.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK318:

Oh yeah, you don't paint over taupe. But it still needs paint.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#32]

RC2 out of NFA jail today

Still needs a KAC 99051 front sight, a rear sight (not sure which yet), and I'm considering putting my EXPS3-0 and EOTech G33 on it. I'm a little surprised at how handy the rifle still feels. It was a heavy pig before the can, but the can did not noticeably change the balance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Midway has Surefire 4p's in stock. Limit 1 for those looking.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#34]
Originally Posted By jhon:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77573/IMG_5366_JPEG-2780056.jpg

RC2 out of NFA jail today

Still needs a KAC 99051 front sight, a rear sight (not sure which yet), and I'm considering putting my EXPS3-0 and EOTech G33 on it. I'm a little surprised at how handy the rifle still feels. It was a heavy pig before the can, but the can did not noticeably change the balance.
View Quote

Fully loaded my Block II with the BUIS, PEQ, SF scout, SF suppressor and Eotechs is 13.2lbs. I also have spare 123s in the various storage compartments. It may seem heavy but it balances really nicely.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been following the this thread for a while off and on while working on my build. I'm trying to get as close to clone correct as possible it's a work in progress, this is what I have so far. I want to have the upper engraved like the ones that came from Crane with the 141000XXXX and the upper QR code sticker. However I haven't found much info on those, pics in the wild or how they were fielded / set up. Does anyone have any info about or pictures. I've seen one picture of just the upper new from crane that was posted on here a while back, I know Ident can replicate the markings but I want to make sure I set it up correctly.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By steven-223:
I've been following the this thread for a while off and on while working on my build. I'm trying to get as close to clone correct as possible it's a work in progress, this is what I have so far. I want to have the upper engraved like the ones that came from Crane with the 141000XXXX and the upper QR code sticker. However I haven't found much info on those, pics in the wild or how they were fielded / set up. Does anyone have any info about or pictures. I've seen one picture of just the upper new from crane that was posted on here a while back, I know Ident can replicate the markings but I want to make sure I set it up correctly.

View Quote

Good lookin build. I don’t know much about the specifics but as for the markings, I’m not sure if you’re looking for something like what Carolina Laser Works has now

https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com/SOF-CAG-Upper-Tags-p520875405

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#37]

https://i.postimg.cc/MZyH3CxG/IMG-4338.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vHfrzq27/IMG-4339.jpg

View Quote
You're looking specifically for a 1410 series? Not just a 14 or a 10? Cause I can only recall seeing one of those that was a 1410
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:46:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steven-223] [#38]

Good lookin build. I don’t know much about the specifics but as for the markings, I’m not sure if you’re looking for something like what Carolina Laser Works has now

https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com/SOF-CAG-Upper-Tags-p520875405

View Quote

Thanks, and yes, that's exactly what I am wanting to do Carolina did my lower UID tag I didn't know they offered the upper ones.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:59:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steven-223] [#39]
You're looking specifically for a 1410 series? Not just a 14 or a 10? Cause I can only recall seeing one of those that was a 1410
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/MZyH3CxG/IMG-4338.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vHfrzq27/IMG-4339.jpg

New Crane built uppers.  One FDE and one black KAC front sight
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4854_JPG-2535400.JPG

This is the best picture I have found of what I am wanting but its just the upper
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#40]

This is the best picture I have found of what I am wanting but its just the upper
View Quote
That 14 series was a 10 series that appears to have been remarked to 14 prefix.

crane uppers with the 10 and 14 prefix were used through out socom.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Thanks for the info so a proper marking would be like 1400XXXX vs 141000XXXX that one is kind of one off then ? I'm trying to make sure I get my details right, and the deeper I dive into the details the more confused I get lol.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:43:23 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

So I got my hands on a Colt Diemco Upper with CQBR2-X7324 engraved on the upper. Any idea what that is about?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#43]
So in my thirst for moar info I came across this Reddit post - may be helpful to the last few posts
I have no idea how much, or any, of it is correct.

CRANE MARKINGs Used to track m4a1/Mk18 uppers in socom.

The X series came first,

then CQBR,

then CQBR2,

then the U series,

finally followed by 10/14 series.

Other markings have, been seen such as a 20 series and SF group specific serials on a URG-Is. Allot of variations with these such as placement and font/size. These are the more common ones.

Started with use by NSW through crane after those button style UID labels. The early “x” uppers denoted that it was for NSW. So the X series and cqbr series (ex cqbr-x2367) were for NSW.

Eventually crane finally settled on the 10/14 series (10 series for 10.3s and 14 for 14.5s). At some point they stopped caring about matching barrel lengths to serials and you will see this in photos. So it’s not uncommon to see a 10 series on a 14.5 inch upper or vice versa. These uppers where used across the board by socom ranging from 75th to MSOTs and everything in between.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTrover] [#44]
That’s some hawt info. Found a page as well that has the following, but doesn’t really explain as well as your info:
1. One has serial number on charging handle notch of upper receiver (ex, 4721676)
2. One has circle button or something like that and white engraved serial code (ex, X7487?)
3. One has UID.
4. One has words? handwritten with a white pen (ex, 60457?)
5. One has UID and words? written with a white pen (ex, 60SG1?)
6. One has white engraved code (ex, X7610) and word (ex,
ST) handwritten by a red pen.
7. One has UID and white engraved code (ex, CQBR2-X7149)
8. One has white engraved (ex, 14004329) on upper receiver and a bar code with sn on a white sticker on under rail of RIS
9. One has white engraved serial number (ex, 10006491)
10. One has UID and white engraved serial number (ex, 10004657) (2014 ~ Current)

BLUF: gonna use my CQBR2-X7324 to build a CQBR Block II. The intent was to be a USASOC build. Not sure if correct, but who knows… sounds like crane was all over the place anyways.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:01:06 AM EDT
[#45]

So in my thirst for moar info I came across this Reddit post - may be helpful to the last few posts

The X series came first,

then CQBR,

then CQBR2,

then the U series,

Other markings have, been seen such as a 20 series and SF group specific serials on a URG-Is. Allot of variations with these such as placement and font/size. These are the more common ones.

Started with use by NSW through crane after those button style UID labels. The early “x” uppers denoted that it was for NSW. So the X series and cqbr series (ex cqbr-x2367) were for NSW.

Eventually crane finally settled on the 10/14 series (10 series for 10.3s and 14 for 14.5s). At some point they stopped caring about matching barrel lengths to serials and you will see this in photos. So it’s not uncommon to see a 10 series on a 14.5 inch upper or vice versa. These uppers where used across the board by socom ranging from 75th to MSOTs and everything in between.
View Quote

Just saw a etched "MW" series on a URGI yesterday down range.

CD
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#46]

The X series came first,

then CQBR,

then CQBR2,

then the U series,

View Quote

I’ve seen photos of cases where guys had two and three different length uppers. Seems issuing both the 10.3” and 14.5”s were common. I do wonder what other lengths are issued. I can see how with multiple uppers getting issued would make it easy for serials to get swapped.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]

The X series came first,

then CQBR,

then CQBR2,

then the U series,

Started with use by NSW through crane after those button style UID labels. The early "x" uppers denoted that it was for NSW. So the X series and cqbr series (ex cqbr-x2367) were for NSW.

Eventually crane finally settled on the 10/14 series (10 series for 10.3s and 14 for 14.5s). At some point they stopped caring about matching barrel lengths to serials and you will see this in photos. So it's not uncommon to see a 10 series on a 14.5 inch upper or vice versa. These uppers were used across the board by socom ranging from 75th to MSOTs and everything in between.
View Quote
I was the one who actually wrote that out lol. That's just from my understanding.

CD, is crane still marking uppers? I've heard it's on the individual units now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSPA] [#48]
I was the one who actually wrote that out lol. That's just from my understanding.

View Quote

No way! Super awesome!
That whole post is next level amazing!

In other news, finally said fuck it and blew the load on a T2 / G33 combo.
Zeroed it today and I’m really liking the set up!
Unfortunately now I think I need a better trigger.
Seems like clone wise, I guessing Geissele is the only way which kinda sucks as I rather like the Larue MBT.
I may just put one of those in for the meantime as my clone isn’t 100% accurate anyways.

Incorrect: Rail is black. 3-prong FH, T2 mount isn’t Larue.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

The X series came first,

then CQBR,

then CQBR2,

then the U series,

Started with use by NSW through crane after those button style UID labels. The early "x" uppers denoted that it was for NSW. So the X series and cqbr series (ex cqbr-x2367) were for NSW.

Eventually crane finally settled on the 10/14 series (10 series for 10.3s and 14 for 14.5s). At some point they stopped caring about matching barrel lengths to serials and you will see this in photos. So it's not uncommon to see a 10 series on a 14.5 inch upper or vice versa. These uppers were used across the board by socom ranging from 75th to MSOTs and everything in between.

So based on your info, then CQBR2 = NSW?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RTrover:

So based on your info, then CQBR2 = NSW?
View Quote
from my understanding, if it has an X in it ex. CQBR2-X6969
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top