AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 906
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 2:49:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Just today I got in the top mount for the aim point so I've switched from the offset to a top mount for the time being.
View Quote

POST IT
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Glitch bump
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#5]

Legendary pic drop!  Thanks for that.

Guess I’m building a NSW DMR clone.  I’ve got a spare C AF receiver, NOS C MP 14.5 socom barrel, and a SF4P.  I don’t have a non-FSP rail, however.  I do have a FSP RIS II but really want to get as close to what’s in the pics as possible.  I have a line on a mk6 but will wear a NF 2.5-10x24 until that comes through if needed.

Aside from sourcing a rail, am I good with the C AF receiver and NOS C MP Socom?  Also have a spare C MPC BCG of thats era correct as well.  Or should I be going FN?

Thanks again for the legendary pic drop LsuJon

ETA: I see a Colt cerro forge upper in some of your pics so am guessing the C AF is good too
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Guess I'm building a NSW DMR clone.  I've got a spare C AF receiver, NOS C MP 14.5 socom barrel, and a SF4P.  I don't have a non-FSP rail, however.  I do have a FSP RIS II but really want to get as close to what's in the pics as possible.  I have a line on a mk6 but will wear a NF 2.5-10x24 until that comes through if needed.

Aside from sourcing a rail, am I good with the C AF receiver and NOS C MP Socom?  Also have a spare C MPC BCG of thats era correct as well.  Or should I be going FN?

ETA: I see a Colt cerro forge upper in some of your pics so am guessing the C AF is good too
View Quote

some FSP ones. Obviously not NSW.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#7]

Guess I’m building a NSW DMR clone.  I’ve got a spare C AF receiver, NOS C MP 14.5 socom barrel, and a SF4P.  I don’t have a non-FSP rail, however.  I do have a FSP RIS II but really want to get as close to what’s in the pics as possible.  I have a line on a mk6 but will wear a NF 2.5-10x24 until that comes through if needed.

View Quote

I did one but with an MK5 instead but have recently been eyeballing the fuck out of a few MK6's.............I just remember reading how much they suck compared to the MK5 so I bought the MK5 to start..........
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

I did one but with an MK5 instead but have recently been eyeballing the fuck out of a few MK6's.............I just remember reading how much they suck compared to the MK5 so I bought the MK5 to start..........
View Quote

Are mk5’s kosher? I’ve heard the same thing about mk6’s compared the 5’s.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

Are mk5’s kosher? I’ve heard the same thing about mk6’s compared the 5’s.
View Quote

I know they are on the newer URGI but cannot speak on it as to Block II
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What’s your experience with the MK5 been like?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#11]

What’s your experience with the MK5 been like?
View Quote

Well it’s the TMR so there’s that, I hear a lot a folks on here talk shit about optical clarity but I own 6 NF scopes and I feel the MK5 is on point glass wise!  Have not shot for any grouping yet but I like the damn thing other than it’s a 35mm tube so the $2k in mounts I had already for my NF’s meant jack shit.  Currently it’s in a badger C1.  Again I shoot to hit coke can size targets not the wings off a gnats ass…
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

@teamjawbox I have a date/lot code FSP rail I'm about to ditch. PM me if interested
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

@teamjawbox I have a date/lot code FSP rail I'm about to ditch. PM me if interested
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

I appreciate it but am actually looking for a non-FSP.  I have a FSP currently but want to score a non for the NSW DMR build.  Greatly appreciated though.  Thanks!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#15]
As issued - were black SOPMOD stocks more prevalent than FDEs?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
As issued - were black SOPMOD stocks more prevalent than FDEs?
View Quote

In my experience yes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Block II-ish
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:41:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#18]
Originally Posted By Double_R:
Block II-ish
https://ibb.co/0KhnM6x
View Quote

Your pic/link are borked.

Here it is:

Attachment Attached File

Possible handicap on my part?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone have that pic of the a2 with a risii behind the rifle length fsb? I feel like I’ve seen it ITT but I can’t find it on google.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#20]
ATACR is planned for the future, but for now the Razor will do.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Can I request a pic dump of Block II’s with 1-8 NF ATACR optics? Those of you that are running it, are you a fan for engagements between 400 and say-700, 800 max?

I’ve been wanting a mid range gasser since I’ve had an SR25 on backorder through their mil program for the better part of 2-3 years now.

I was mulling over building a MK12, but the lack of modern amenities with its optics and not wanting to dump a ton of money into a whole other outdated platform has me considering throwing an ATACR on my M4. I shoot an AI bolt gun on the regular so my FFP ATACR with the mil-XT reticle has, to say the least, spoiled me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 11:22:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#23]
I’ve been liking my ATACR. I’ve only pushed mine to 400 so far while testing a 36yrd zero. I’ve got some old Black Hills and some AAC 77gr I want to try and take out to 700 which is my ranges max.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:42:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#24]
My humble contribution and I have another new Non FSP Blk II upper bout to be mailed to JT for the more traditional version with either an Eotech or my FDE ATACR 1-8 and CTR/LMT Gen 1...........................

I'll be replacing the Badger C1 with the Leupold IMS in the next week or two for the MK5.....................

I love the 2.5-10x32 on the FSP (went G Extended Mount but have the NF Ultramount also) but also have an ACOG TA31RCO with RMR for it that I heart equally..........................

If anybody would like to trade 1 or even 2 Black PRI Mil Latch for my 1 or 2 FDE ones I'd be down...................
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#25]
As far as ACOGs with RMRs on Block IIs go, is it pretty much just TA01 ECOS? I have an old TA31 and RM38 mount I like on my Block II but I'm fairly sure it's not "clone correct." Might just keep it anyways though.

On that same note, does anyone have photos of RM38 mounts on ACOGs in service roles? I know it's not directly Block II related but its hard to find.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jimopl:
As far as ACOGs with RMRs on Block IIs go, is it pretty much just TA01 ECOS? I have an old TA31 and RM38 mount I like on my Block II but I'm fairly sure it's not "clone correct." Might just keep it anyways though.

On that same note, does anyone have photos of RM38 mounts on ACOGs in service roles? I know it's not directly Block II related but its hard to find.
View Quote

Yes. Specifically the tanodized old version with the ARMS mount

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cerickson12] [#27]
Sopmod block II build
Restricted Mil/gov/law stamped Colt

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jimopl:

View Quote

I love me some Acog ECOS
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#30]
are the tangodown stubby vfg’s considered clone correct?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Seems like 3/4 of block ii clones have them so...yes?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

That a MK5?
View Quote
mk6 su-279
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#34]
mk6 su-279
View Quote

Thanks. I keep reading that MK5's are ITW and considered a better optic overall than than the MK6 and am somewhat looking for an excuse to buy one, or both.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Couldn’t resist trying out an ECOS. I’ve always been an ACOG fan, I might prefer my RCO.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:44:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#36]
So this happened yesterday:

I've been focusing more on stretching this rifle out since I've started shooting long range with my AI, and wanted to change to a more usable optic than the Elcan or ACOG that sat on this rifle previously. Going to take it out this weekend and see how well it'll do past 500 yards with both M855 and some AAC 77gr. For reference this rifle has a gov't profile Colt barrel.

Also going to figure out if I prefer a 12 o' clock RDS or an offset and ditch the irons, I think.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

So this happened yesterday:
https://imgur.com/LLZ2eHC.jpg

I've been focusing more on stretching this rifle out since I've started shooting long range with my AI, and wanted to change to a more usable optic than the Elcan or ACOG that sat on this rifle previously. Going to take it out this weekend and see how well it'll do past 500 yards with both M855 and some AAC 77gr. For reference this rifle has a gov't profile Colt barrel.

Also going to figure out if I prefer a 12 o' clock RDS or an offset and ditch the irons, I think.
View Quote

Looks great, ATACR or Mark 6 is definitely the way for block II
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Looks great, ATACR or Mark 6 is definitely the way for block II
View Quote

I agree and once my other upper gets back from JT it'll wear the ATACR but I'll add the MK5 fits the bill in place of the MK6 nicely...............
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#39]

I agree and once my other upper gets back from JT it'll wear the ATACR but I'll add the MK5 fits the bill in place of the MK6 nicely...............
View Quote
It doesn't. Mk6 and Elcan supremacy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I’m considering a Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 for certain applications but I may throw that on something like a MK12 upper or a 7.62 rifle. Undecided.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Also team mk8 supremacy

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#45]

MK8 is dominance and there was or is one listed in the EE I'd love to have.........................
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#46]

MK8 is dominance and there was or is one listed in the EE I'd love to have.........................
View Quote
I enjoy mine. No longer have this setup and it's currently on my .300blk Noveske Navy. However, if I ever get the appropriate Eotech I wouldn't mind converting the 14.5 block II into a marsoc clone.

Attachment Attached File

more mk8
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I enjoy mine. No longer have this setup and it's currently on my .300blk Noveske Navy. However, if I ever get the appropriate Eotech I wouldn't mind converting the 14.5 block II into a marsoc clone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/2B7C0D90-EBCE-4CC7-81C3-B1C77C35B91C_jpe-2750392.JPG

more mk8
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/0789B557-5172-4433-A4C6-0340A8BE4F5B_jpe-2750395.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#48]
Oops. Wrong clone thread.

Let me try this again…
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#49]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/2B7C0D90-EBCE-4CC7-81C3-B1C77C35B91C_jpe-2750392.JPG

View All Quotes

That build is ridiculously beautiful
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#50]
Dude on YouTube with a video titled: CLONE RIFLES: CLASSES OF CLONES stated HK style Troy Battle Sights are clone correct. He closed the segment saying, “… rest assured, you’re good to go.”

… ???

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. Without getting into any political discussions of how crappy Troy Industries is now, could someone in the know please shed some light on this?

Dude said they had cage codes and were used on both Block IIs and Mk 18 Mod 1s/CQBRs the field. He said those issued were FDE, but if they actually were issued, can anyone verify if they were all FDE, or black as well?

Thanks!
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top