Nicely done

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Nicely done

CD
Thanks @Combat_Diver . Means a lot coming from you.  While I dont post small talk on this and the cqbr threads, I read them daily... Im not alone when I say your contributions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Daniel_Defense:
JUST ANNOUNCED: Daniel Defense is selling the RIS II rail in limited quantities tonight during a live MK18 URG build video event!
To buy a RIS II, tune in tonight at 7 PM Eastern at https://daniel-defense.brand.live/c/do-it-yourself-june-initiative

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222114/DIY_June_promo_tease-575430.jpg
View Quote
I can’t wait!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
JUST ANNOUNCED: Daniel Defense is selling the RIS II rail in limited quantities tonight during a live MK18 URG build video event!
To buy a RIS II, tune in tonight at 7 PM Eastern at https://daniel-defense.brand.live/c/do-it-yourself-june-initiative

View Quote
Little late to the party, everyone is saving their money for mk16s
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Little late to the party, everyone is saving their money for mk16s
View Quote
This.  Lots of RIS II in the EE.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:59:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#10]

View Quote
Im anxious to see what the prices will be. Will it be standard msrp or will they be marked down? still cool either way even though these rails should have been available for awhile now

Also, Im not seeing the RIS II rails listed on the website anymore. Are these being discontinued? I figured with geissele getting the contract, that Daniel Defense would be able to supply these rails separately again.

Edit: rails are still priced at $445
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
Ive read that they can be tight to install,  some even heating them with a heatgun. And I just ordered another super G block. Dammit.

Now I guess I need another block.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Do the fielded Block II and MK18 have “pinned” MK12 gas blocks or are they just set screwed?
Set screwed with barrel dimpled
No shit? I'd not have guessed that on a fighting gun.
Yessir. To say pinned isn't superior would make me an absolute retard BUT-

Years back I was always worried about it as well as I had always done taper pinned FSB. But I've never had or even heard of a Mk12 gas block coming loose and those fuckers are hard as he'll to get on the barrel as is. I swear that block is like .740" or something lol. But yeah the pair that's used by SOCOM is a non issue. One of my block 2 variations I ran a shaved down FSB which is about as robust as it gets
Ive read that they can be tight to install,  some even heating them with a heatgun. And I just ordered another super G block. Dammit.

Now I guess I need another block.
In my experience, it's a b!tch to get a good block on a good barrel in the first place.  The thing should be close to an interference fit at its loosest.

I've even used a piece of PVC pipe (.75 PVC is actually about .78 ID) as a block to tap a block all the way down to the shoulder on the barrel.  And by "tap" I mean "force", of course.  Which is why I bought a dimpling jig...if it's that hard to get the mother on, I want to make sure I get it in the right spot the first time.

Those setscrews are probably only doing at most 5% of the "holding on" work on the uppers I built.  Not that I don't think staking the setscrews is a good thing, but I feel that's a belt-suspenders-nailgun approach.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Id rather have a DD then a Geissele... anyone have a link to M4A1 rail ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#14]

It's Friday! Surefire lights and Trijicon sights!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
If anyone bought one of the RIS IIs from DD, please post pics. I'd like to see if the newest versions are any different.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Lerch641:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Black_Hawk_169/20180615_091049_zpsib2c4mzj.jpg

It's Friday! Surefire lights and Trijicon sights!
View Quote
What light is that on the USP? That's not an M2 UTL is it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate to be greedy, but I totally wish they had released the FSP versions.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By h00n:

What light is that on the USP? That's not an M2 UTL is it?
View Quote
Nope, Surefire 309R. They came out back in the 90's, part of the Classic line.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got the m600 during the ebay 20% off sale.

Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ckopp636:
Im anxious to see what the prices will be. Will it be standard msrp or will they be marked down? still cool either way even though these rails should have been available for awhile now

Also, Im not seeing the RIS II rails listed on the website anymore. Are these being discontinued? I figured with geissele getting the contract, that Daniel Defense would be able to supply these rails separately again.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ckopp636:

Good so I didn't missing anything....like I need any more rails though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

View Quote
Marty is screwing up big in my opinion. Once Geissele rails are available the desire for DD rails will drop off a lot. Should strike while the iron is hot....

I guess he'll be selling DD 14.5" barrels/gas blocks for the Geissele clones though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PraesulPresul1:
Marty is screwing up big in my opinion. Once Geissele rails are available the desire for DD rails will drop off a lot. Should strike while the iron is hot....

I guess he'll be selling DD 14.5" barrels/gas blocks for the Geissele clones though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By prskiller:

Absolutely. Now is the time to re-realease all of the FDE RIS IIs before the Mk16 and whatever comes next takes over completely
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
I completely agree with you.  I'd hate to believe he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the lucrative retail market, especially when Geisselle is cutting in on their gov't contracts.

You have to think he has another plan up his sleeve .
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone build a dagger 22 clone yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By purevl2:
I completely agree with you.  I'd hate to believe he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the lucrative retail market, especially when Geisselle is cutting in on their gov't contracts.

View All Quotes

If DD had their pulse on the market they would've dropped their prices on the RIS and actually made it available to help undercut the Geissele rails that have been out.  I know I've bought other rails simply because DD couldn't be bothered making the RIS rail
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cone256:
If DD had their pulse on the market they would've dropped their prices on the RIS and actually made it available to help undercut the Geissele rails that have been out.  I know I've bought other rails simply because DD couldn't be bothered making the RIS rail
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:

Agreed.

To use a market analogy, the stock price of Geissele has sky-rocketed, while DD's valuation has fallen. Rather than allow their price to match it's worth, they've decided to sell them at the bloated price from years ago when they were super in demand? No thanks. The market will likely have quite a few used rails hitting the scene, and I see no reason while other retailers such as Brownells start discounting them on the uppers.

I'm in the market for one at some point in the next 6 months, but I won't be buying it at that price.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:26:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Glitch bump
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5053-575226.JPG

CD
View Quote
What optic is that on the rifle?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BigBoss01:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigBoss01:
Glitch bump
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5053-575226.JPG

CD
Carl G recoiless rifle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Carl G recoiless rifle.
View Quote
Bingo
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#31]
At this rate you're going to just need to post it with each pic of that gun you post lol, I think that has been asked now like 5 times
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
At this rate you're going to just need to post it with each pic of that gun you post lol, I think that has been asked now like 5 times
View Quote
Shit, I've seen him have to answer that question at least 15 times now. You know its bad when secret squirell decides to help.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Shit, I've seen him have to answer that question at least 15 times now. You know its bad when secret squirell decides to help.
View All Quotes

True
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#34]

True
View All Quotes

True
Sorry
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks solid. I’ve been thinking about having Adco pin and weld a dead air flash hider on my block 2 since I already have a sandman s and don’t see myself getting a Surefire suppressor anytime soon
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone know if a Matech rear sight, and a KAC front sight line up together properly?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Silverww:
Does anyone know if a Matech rear sight, and a KAC front sight line up together properly?
View Quote
Yes they do. I've run that combo many times including as we speak. And so has SOCOM
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Silverww:
View Quote
Another yes.....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Snagged a Surefire Trainer Can, closest I'll get in Canada
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Lil bit of acog tape

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Lil bit of acog tape

https://i.imgur.com/Nw8Eob9.jpg
View Quote
Nice!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:
Nice!!!
https://i.imgur.com/qkJ7mjF.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Lil bit of acog tape

https://i.imgur.com/Nw8Eob9.jpg
Nice!!!
https://i.imgur.com/qkJ7mjF.jpg
I like your style
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 10:10:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#45]
Range day today firing some M2 HB/M2A1 but had a few block II's out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Jesus Christ.
View Quote
That's a shitty way to start the day on the two-way range..  
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bedo0331] [#47]

My contribution
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#48]
That M21 sure looks good
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Combat_Diver, I'm aware of the 14.5 inch govt profile and socom profile colt bbls.  But what about the 14.5 colt socom profile bbls without the m203 cuts?  Any info on those being used?
View Quote
I also own one of the Colt “SOCOM” barrels that has the same heavy barrel profile as a Colt SOCOM barrel, but it does not have the M203 Grenade Launcher cuts under the handguards. I’ve tried finding information about this barrell being used in either a Block I or Block II build, and i have found no evidence that states that these Colt SOCOM barrels have ever been issued on a Block I or Block II. So why did Colt issue these barrels on the SOCOM uppers?

The only government-issued firearm that uses this particular barrel (heavy SOCOM barrel with no relief cuts under the hand guard) were some SBRs that were issued to the FBI. The FBI placed a special order for their HRT operations (Hostage Rescue Team), and there was an “overrun” for the special order.

My barrel came from a Colt SOCOM upper I purchased a few years ago, and while my barrel is 16” long, it has the same barrel profile as the Colt 6933...just longer.

So, if you wanted to use your barrel for a clone project, an FBI SBR project! If anyone else has any information about these barrels, please feel free to add!
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By fretout:
I also own one of the Colt “SOCOM” barrels that has the same heavy barrel profile as a Colt SOCOM barrel, but it does not have the M203 Grenade Launcher cuts under the handguards. I’ve tried finding information about this barrell being used in either a Block I or Block II build, and i have found no evidence that states that these Colt SOCOM barrels have ever been issued on a Block I or Block II. So why did Colt issue these barrels on the SOCOM uppers?

The only government-issued firearm that uses this particular barrel (heavy SOCOM barrel with no relief cuts under the hand guard) were some SBRs that were issued to the FBI. The FBI placed a special order for their HRT operations (Hostage Rescue Team), and there was an “overrun” for the special order.

My barrel came from a Colt SOCOM upper I purchased a few years ago, and while my barrel is 16” long, it has the same barrel profile as the Colt 6933...just longer.

So, if you wanted to use your barrel for a clone project, an FBI SBR project! If anyone else has any information about these barrels, please feel free to add!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fretout:
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Combat_Diver, I'm aware of the 14.5 inch govt profile and socom profile colt bbls.  But what about the 14.5 colt socom profile bbls without the m203 cuts?  Any info on those being used?

Colt just said that "civilian" SOCOM barrels don't need the ability to mount an M203. Same with the FN Military Collector I believe. Perhaps it saved a couple dollars in machine work.
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top