Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
yeah you need to cut it out, place woven geotextile {not felt} and put a foot of 6" rock on it the geotextile is the key to stability.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28822/ford_1_jpg-1971076.JPG
View Quote

I believe that would be the proper solution.  Hopefully my solution gets me through hay season...
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:

they dont have a single axle truck like this?
https://westmor-ind.com/wp-content/uploads/HCT-refined-fuel-truck-by-Westmor.jpg

somethings up with that minimum... its not cost effective to take a tractor trailer to sell someone 100 gallons, even for 20 bucks more than pump price.

call another fuel hauler.   Someone wants your business.  even if you have to buy a 275 or 550 tank, you should be able to recover that purchase with the better fuel price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By PA452:

Nobody will hassle you unless you get into an accident or get pulled into an inspection station,  but that's more fuel than legally allowed on the road.

On your farm, have at it.

Know what the legal limit is? Does it vary by state?

I've heard on various sites that it's 119 gallons.  I have no idea if that's state or federal.

I've been taking the 135 gallon in about 10 miles into town for over 2 years now.  It's always in the bed of my pickup - along with my truck's 90 gallon aux fuel tank.

Most fuel companies will deliver a minimum of 200 gallons right to your location. It's cheaper than off road at the pump.

Looked into that several years ago.  Two problems:

- Fuel is about $.20 more expensive on a per gallon basis.  Closest fueler is about 25 miles one way away (county coop).
- They can't take their tanker truck down my one lane gravel road; there's on bottleneck they can't get past with their tractor trailer.  If it was like a regular propane/medium sized truck; but it's a tractor trailer hauler.

It would be great if they get it down here minus the cost issues.  Minimums are 100 gallons and they deliver both ORD and regular gasoline.

they dont have a single axle truck like this?
https://westmor-ind.com/wp-content/uploads/HCT-refined-fuel-truck-by-Westmor.jpg

somethings up with that minimum... its not cost effective to take a tractor trailer to sell someone 100 gallons, even for 20 bucks more than pump price.

call another fuel hauler.   Someone wants your business.  even if you have to buy a 275 or 550 tank, you should be able to recover that purchase with the better fuel price.

Their trucks look like this:  

Our propane company trucks are like what you pictured, they can come down the road fine.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jtrout141:

Where did you get the joint bars for the front weight?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jtrout141:
Used my tractor yesterday to flip my 4x6' trailer over so I could do an axle flip.  I was able to lift the trailer up on the back end; I used to tractor to complete the flip:

https://i.imgur.com/tv1TaqY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8pakTBm.jpg

Here's the trailer completely flipped over, sitting on my tractor forks at a very comfortble standing height:

https://i.imgur.com/e9gU88P.jpg

Here it is in my shop where I'm disassembling the axle and suspension and positioning the new axle spring perches:

https://i.imgur.com/5O7yLNt.jpg

Here's a pic just prior to welding the new perches on.  It should be obvious the ease with which this job was done vs. the trailer being right side up and on the ground.    After this pic was taken, I spot welded the perches onto the axle and then flipped the axle over again and final welded the perch sides like the OEM perches you see here.  Easey Peasey.

https://i.imgur.com/VG81dw5.jpg

I've ordered a new single spring set; I'll use it to add a leaf to each spring pack to give it a bit more rigidity to the springs.  This trailer will become my fuel trailer and I'll be right at the capacity of the trailer with both fuel tanks full (135 and 55 gallons respectively).

Thanks for looking!

Where did you get the joint bars for the front weight?
I used to have a neighbor at my old house who was a member of a railroad club.  No, not a railroad model club, an actual railroad club: trains, cars, locomotives, 5 miles of rail line, the whole bit.  Mercury-Chase something or other; east side of Huntsville.

Anyway, he had a crapton of railroad stuff in his garage when he passed.  His wife didn't want to give it to the club (apparent falling out) and she knew the scrappers wouldn't take it and she knew I liked to weld.  So I ended up with a crapton of iron.  Most of which I did nothing with until I moved onto my farm 8 years ago.  Railroad rail and fishplates are great weight adders for a tractor!

Thanks,

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to have a neighbor at my old house who was a member of a railroad club.  No, not a railroad model club, an actual railroad club: trains, cars, locomotives, 5 miles of rail line, the whole bit.  Mercury-Chase something or other; east side of Huntsville.

Anyway, he had a crapton of railroad stuff in his garage when he passed.  His wife didn't want to give it to the club (apparent falling out) and she knew the scrappers wouldn't take it and she knew I liked to weld.  So I ended up with a crapton of iron.  Most of which I did nothing with until I moved onto my farm 8 years ago.  Railroad rail and fishplates are great weight adders for a tractor!

Thanks,

View Quote

And rail is easy to calculate weight too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Knocked down the first 20 something acres of hay today. My dad in the case 140 with the MoCo 630. I’m on the 5425 Deere with the Tedder.

Have another 25 or so acres to do for first cut. About 50 acres of hay this year.  Next year we’ll have about 80 with the property we reset and planted earlier this year.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Sucked a piece of carpet (don’t ask)  in one of the blades.

Mowed some fields.....no pics

Dug out a square to put in a gravel base for our fire pit
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Doorman63:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/469047/F81F829E-AEE0-4D67-94AB-EF61E29EC99B_jpe-1976551.JPG

Sucked a piece of carpet (don’t ask)  in one of the blades.

Mowed some fields.....no pics

Dug out a square to put in a gravel base for our fire pit
View Quote

Nice. What model Kubota do you have?

I'd be hesitant to work under there like that personally, but one thing I'd suggest is lifting from the front so the lawn tractor isn't resting on wheels that can turn.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:31:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doorman63] [#8]
Pic of the fire pit area

Attachment Attached File

Kids HAD to build a fire last night.....they threw the landscape stones in a circle hastily.

I also installed  a golf cart canopy for the tractor
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Nice. What model Kubota do you have?

I'd be hesitant to work under there like that personally, but one thing I'd suggest is lifting from the front so the lawn tractor isn't resting on wheels that can turn.
View Quote

Kubota L2501.

I tried hoisting it from the front initially.
There isn’t much to pick from.
I used the tow point in the rear with a 1/2 Clevis/shackle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/020D6C36-2DDB-4089-B191-B65CB2D9D8B3-1976112.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/5DE2F826-A1AC-4A72-9994-411A475E1AE9-1976113.jpg

Knocked down the first 20 something acres of hay today. My dad in the case 140 with the MoCo 630. I’m on the 5425 Deere with the Tedder.

Have another 25 or so acres to do for first cut. About 50 acres of hay this year.  Next year we’ll have about 80 with the property we reset and planted earlier this year.
View Quote

I’m fixing to change the oil and hook up the mower conditioner and the baler.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#11]

Baling today.

Test bales averaged between 9.6% and 14% moisture.

Pretty alright.

58in tall x 6 feet wide.

Got some TLC to do on the old baler. Got some more TLC to do on the tractor.

Broke a door spring on the baler.  Tensioner gear is pretty worn out. Popped the chain twice on the baler.

PTO shaft is leaking hydraulic oil. Cleaned it all up.  Looked at the parts list and it’s just missing a rubber seal.

Going rotary rake shopping tomorrow.  My dad finally agreed we need one. I told him I’d buy it.

Between cuts I’m going to take the front drive shaft out of the Maxxum 140, also the shaft that goes into the transmission and put new seals in. It’s dripping a bit of hydraulic fluid when in 4WD.

It’s new to us. 4500 hours. I expected some TLC. Also probably going to replace the rear fenders just to clean it up some more. Few little bits and it will be like new.

Baler has around 11,000 bales on it. Needs a new slip clutch probably next year.

Projects. Fortunately for my dad he has a good mechanic in me. Then our truck shop has some real baller mechanics to back me up if I get over my head.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/0E2509DD-4149-4036-B391-61B5C3A8E4A5-1977690.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/531AAD03-C053-400D-BA0D-7AA6135DAED3-1977691.jpg

Baling today.

Pretty alright.

58in tall x 6 feet wide.

Broke a door spring on the baler.  Tensioner gear is pretty worn out. Popped the chain twice on the baler.

PTO shaft is leaking hydraulic oil. Cleaned it all up.  Looked at the parts list and it’s just missing a rubber seal.

Going rotary rake shopping tomorrow.  My dad finally agreed we need one. I told him I’d buy it.

Between cuts I’m going to take the front drive shaft out of the Maxxum 140, also the shaft that goes into the transmission and put new seals in. It’s dripping a bit of hydraulic fluid when in 4WD.

It’s new to us. 4500 hours. I expected some TLC. Also probably going to replace the rear fenders just to clean it up some more. Few little bits and it will be like new.

Baler has around 11,000 bales on it. Needs a new slip clutch probably next year.

Projects. Fortunately for my dad he has a good mechanic in me. Then our truck shop has some real baller mechanics to back me up if I get over my head.
View Quote

This post depressed me. Now I’m looking for leaks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#13]
No pictures yet, but picked up a Kubota L2501 last week.  So far I've... used a grading scraper to smooth out an area I left a disaster when I rented a backhoe and removed a stump.

Should be just the ticket to get into more trouble with.    Only problem is we don't have a mower for it yet, so I had to mow the whole yard (for the last time?) with the riding mower.  And promptly hit a hidden stump and fried a spindle/pully.  Which is part of why I want to mow with something less... delicate.  Something about using a finish mower on what could be more charitably called a field.  Have a couple sheep to eat some of the grass, but I'll clearly need more next spring.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/0E2509DD-4149-4036-B391-61B5C3A8E4A5-1977690.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/531AAD03-C053-400D-BA0D-7AA6135DAED3-1977691.jpg

Baling today.

Pretty alright.

58in tall x 6 feet wide.

View Quote

Every bailer I have been around has been a constant source of broke shit.

I am a mechanic, but I know fuck all about equipment and everyone looks at me when they break. I don't mess with it much anymore though, the two farmers I did lots of work for have passed on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Found random things that stopped my mulcher....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

View Quote

Found a leaky hose. And of course it goes through the cross member of the baler. I decided to wait til in the morning when it's cooler to play find the other end.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]

I saw your post in mulcher mafia.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]

I saw your post in mulcher mafia.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I used this new stump grapple to dig out granite boulders, it works very well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Found a leaky hose. And of course it goes through the cross member of the baler. I decided to wait til in the morning when it's cooler to play find the other end.
View All Quotes

The second field we had to bale a little earlier.  So it’s 15-22% moisture.  Some pretty wet spots.

Not super happy. But damned if we did.  Damned if we didn’t. 70% chance of rain yesterday at 2pm.  Ended up getting 10 drops.

Should of waited. But if the storm was a mile different, we would of gotten literally flooded out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#22]

The second field we had to bale a little earlier.  So it’s 15-22% moisture.  Some pretty wet spots.

Not super happy. But damned if we did.  Damned if we didn’t. 70% chance of rain yesterday at 2pm.  Ended up getting 10 drops.

Should of waited. But if the storm was a mile different, we would of gotten literally flooded out.
View Quote

Gambled. We got 37 bales baled yesterday. Of course straw makes the prettiest bales. I’ve baled worse though. I lucked out on the hose it t’ed off right before the cross member and was easily removed. I would post pictures but it’s the same equipment and same field as years before.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Jesus. I’d pay money to hear the soundtrack of both of those. Has to include post hit profanity
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Chubrocker:

Jesus. I’d pay money to hear the soundtrack of both of those. Has to include post hit profanity
View All Quotes

Yeah most common phrases: how the hell did that get her and where the hell is the rest of it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Yeah most common phrases: how the hell did that get her and where the hell is the rest of it?
View All Quotes

A couple years ago I got a 3/16 cable wrapped up in the blades of my mower. I've been on that land for 25 years and can't recall ever using cable that size for anything. Birds must have dropped it from the air
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/20210614_182204_jpg-1979212.JPG
View Quote

@GUNGUY148 what size tractor is that and what grapple. I have a regulargrapple for my mx6000 and was thinking abouta tree puller.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

@GUNGUY148 what size tractor is that and what grapple. I have a regulargrapple for my mx6000 and was thinking abouta tree puller.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/20210614_182204_jpg-1979212.JPG

It's a 46hp kubota, it handles big granite boulders just fine but a larger tractor would be much better for digging them out of the ground. The stump bucket is made by Prime, I bought it at a local equipment shop and it looks different from the Prime buckets I see online.

So far I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#28]
So does anyone have advice on a tree puller. I have a bunch of 2 inch stuff growing around my fences and some larger 4 inch stuff I think I could remove roots and all. Advive?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 1:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Requiem] [#29]
So does anyone have advice on a tree puller. I have a bunch of 2 inch stuff growing around my fences and some larger 4 inch stuff I think I could remove roots and all. Advive?
View Quote

Cheap way to try first is to put strong strap on base of tree. Put tire (mounted and inflated of course) upright against tree.  Have strap go over the top of the tire and attach to truck/tractor. Pull it.

edit: skip to 2:48  https://youtu.be/at6sBRHIbl8?t=168
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60523/IMG_20210523_163939_040_copy_1024x768-1970936.jpg

Koplin ATV basket fits perfect on the old Kubota with the aid of 4 u bolts.

ETA:  the orangle danglies from the ROPS hinges are industrial rubber coated twist ties.  I use them to secure poles/trimmers/etc to the rops.  The tool handles rest on the hinge protrusions and the twist ties secure them tight to the rops.
View Quote

Bam!  Ordered.  Think the mesh on the sides are sturdy enough to hang a rifle (and/or shovel, weed-whacker, etc.)?

@kallnojoy
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:26:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#31]
View Quote

I have this one on my Kubota L4330 40 hp tractor's FEL:

https://www.palletforks.com/skid-steers/forestry-equipment/post-and-tree-puller-for-skid-steers-universal-landscape-tool/198110.html

Downside:  It's now $950 (I got mine for $700 on sale) and it's uni-tasker.

For $800, I'd get this now:  https://www.palletforks.com/skid-steers/bucket-and-accessories/extreme-hd-stump-bucket-tree-scoop-v2/124108.html#group=0&photo=https://www.palletforks.com/dw/image/v2/BDBZ_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_Titan/default/dw758130f9/images/hi-res/Attachments/124108_03.jpg?sw=800&sh=800

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bulldawg:

Bam!  Ordered.  Think the mesh on the sides are sturdy enough to hang a rifle (and/or shovel, weed-whacker, etc.)?

@kallnojoy
View Quote

It's pretty stout for expanded metal.  With the right backer (large fender washer/plate/etc) yea, you should be able to bolt other things to it.  Certainly a shovel or rifle, as they don't weigh much.

I had originally bought it with the idea of mounting it on the hood.    Then when it came in I saw that it was a dead match for the ROPS - 5 minutes later it was on.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

I built one like this many years ago, it's still going strong.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Ruined a tire in the hay field. Couldn’t find anything that it hit. Tire guy thinks it dry rotted from inside out.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I used the 2025R to clear out some of the old burn pit and then I carried some fire sticks and my chainsaw in the bucket to shoot a little.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:11:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#36]
Watering the fruit trees out back. I don’t have a hose bib on the back of the house (yet) so this is the easiest solution.

Attachment Attached File

Side note...the blackberries are finally coming in. I have tons of them...

Attachment Attached File

Even found this little guy (I think it’s an ornate box turtle) chilling out under a freshly planted apple tree...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

"What the..." gets used alot.

Tires, rugs, baskets but what really gets me yelling is when I find a spool of wire, be it cable, fence or barbed wire..... That crap can take forever to clear.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:54:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyD] [#38]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

Tires, rugs, baskets but what really gets me yelling is when I find a spool of wire, be it cable, fence or barbed wire..... That crap can take forever to clear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

I was once hired to cut hay for a guy that assured me his field was clean! Made one round and hit a roll of barbed wire. It popped the cutting head right off the rotary mower. No big deal $200.00 later I was cutting again. Two more passes and I found half of a tire rim. After that I loaded up and told him to find someone else. I was done in the hole on that measly ass ten acres. Tarps and used net wrap are fun too. One time I found a toilet lid but not a sign of the rest of the toilet. And this meadow the people had been cutting for over fifty years. And it was always clean. Only thing we could think was a tornado had touched down about a quarter mile away. I’m missing two stock water tanks that a tornado picked up. Nobody around has seen them. We think they are in the lake.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#39]
https://i.imgur.com/qwwb7lM.jpg
Ruined a tire in the hay field. Couldn’t find anything that it hit. Tire guy thinks it dry rotted from inside out.
View Quote

Ugh, doesn't look old but does look expensive.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Pew pew rural life is the best life.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Watering the fruit trees out back. I don’t have a hose bib on the back of the house (yet) so this is the easiest solution.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/3ED6D80D-6E01-400B-A12F-52210C311FC6_jpe-1983597.JPG

Side note...the blackberries are finally coming in. I have tons of them...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/1B4E3F54-F07F-4482-8346-EAA4268FB456_jpe-1983598.JPG

Even found this little guy (I think it’s an ornate box turtle) chilling out under a freshly planted apple tree...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/2AC9F1AE-1808-4E86-9D6C-40430AA26040_jpe-1983599.JPG
View Quote

Cool pics and good idea, how badly did the water slosh around?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:20:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#42]
I just took it easy. Maybe lost a gallon. Only had to go 70 yds. Just out of reach of the two hoses I have daisy chained together...

In other good news....my stump guy finally got around to me on his list. 13 stumps for $320...including some big bastards. Two had boulders in the root ball and he was able to work around them without too much trouble. Only broke one tooth which cost me an extra $10 but it is what it is.  The back yard is really coming together.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Federal.

119 gallon tank, 90% capacity.   So right around ~100-110 gallons is the legal capacity before CDL/Hazmat rules apply.
View All Quotes

Nobody will hassle you unless you get into an accident or get pulled into an inspection station,  but that's more fuel than legally allowed on the road.

I've heard on various sites that it's 119 gallons.  I have no idea if that's state or federal.

I've been taking the 135 gallon in about 10 miles into town for over 2 years now.  It's always in the bed of my pickup - along with my truck's 90 gallon aux fuel tank.

Federal.

119 gallon tank, 90% capacity.   So right around ~100-110 gallons is the legal capacity before CDL/Hazmat rules apply.
So if I kept 100-105 gallons in the 135 gallon tank, I would be OK, no hazmat, CDL etc?  What about having the other 55 gallon fuel tank with it on the trailer?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#44]
So if I kept 100-105 gallons in the 135 gallon tank, I would be OK, no hazmat, CDL etc?  What about having the other 55 gallon fuel tank with it on the trailer?

Thanks,

View All Quotes

Federal.

Thanks,

Marked 119 gallons. Whether or not a dot cop can tell the difference between 135 and 119? Who knows.

55 gallons is fine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Marked 119 gallons. Whether or not a dot cop can tell the difference between 135 and 119? Who knows.

55 gallons is fine.
View All Quotes

Federal.

Thanks,

55 gallons is fine.

Time to go the hardware store and get some number stickers!

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Federal.

Thanks,

55 gallons is fine.

Mark it 100.

At least. That’s what I did.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#47]
The cows got moved (rotated) to another pasture last week, so yesterday we mowed the pasture.

Things are so dry, as you can see. Now we can flood irrigate it and get it growing again.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Added another 16'x32' onto the garden this year and had to extend the fence.  It was a terrible time to be buying 16ft treated 2x4's!  I always hated tilling the garden in the past because it was fenced on all 4 sides and was a pain to do with the tractor.  Even with the walk behind Horse tiller it's annoying making the turns along the fence.  Since I was adding on to the end of the fence, I decided to make the panels removable.  The two end panels sit in U shaped handrail brackets on the posts, so I can just pick them out of there with my forks and have a nice open shot to run the tiller in and out.

Side note, I used the 2 part foam stuff to set the posts in and it worked as slick as could be.  It was about 12 bucks a pack at Menards, but each pack was enough to do around a 5" post in a 8-10" hole 3ft deep.  Just take out the plastic separator, work the bag back and forth to mix the two parts and then dump it in the hole.  It took about a minute to expand to ground level, and 10-15 minutes to be completely solid.  It was about 95* when I was putting the posts in, so that beat the heck out of mixing concrete or tamping in dirt around the posts by a long shot!

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 6:10:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#50]
Alright...I started another thread on general planning, but have been following this one. Short version:

My brother bought 20 acres and I'm under contract for 10 acres adjacent. We both have plans to homestead it and have 7 little ranch hands between us.

He visited our local orange dealer (also a client) today and got some prices. 84 months @0%.

Its flat ground. We will both be gardening and have grazing. I'd like an assessment of his list. He is now shopping used stuff, but the plan is for us to have 2 machines and share implements. Commonality isn't a bad thing.

We are a citrus/cattle family, but have never lived the "rural" life. I didn't wish to start yet another thread, as the audience here is awesome. The nearest green outfit is a couple hours away. I rather doubt we both need the hp he is considering. The only other thing we'd both appreciate is a digger, but he is going to pass initially. We have a jcb 4 miles down the road if we have a bigger project. That said, trenches, ditch maintenance, etc., may warrant one.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top