Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And the ability to swap out grip modules without filling out a 4473.  Which puts the P365 family even further ahead of its competitors.
View Quote

This is true.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I carry a 33 also. I bought a 40SW barrel for practice (and carry sometimes). A few years ago, I bought a bunch of 357 ammo when agencies were dumping it. I was buying HST and Gold Dots cheaper than FMJ.

Lately I'm carrying it in 357SIG although I dont know if the extra blast and boom is worth it over 40 or even 9mm. Anyway variety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You either reload or put up a lot of .357sig way back when. I love running a .357sig barrel in my old G27, but i can't recall how long ago the last box of it i saw on a store shelf.

I carry a 33 also. I bought a 40SW barrel for practice (and carry sometimes). A few years ago, I bought a bunch of 357 ammo when agencies were dumping it. I was buying HST and Gold Dots cheaper than FMJ.

Lately I'm carrying it in 357SIG although I dont know if the extra blast and boom is worth it over 40 or even 9mm. Anyway variety.

One thing i liked most about .357sig in my G27  is that awesome fireball in low light.

Hard .357 sig is still my carry for the woods. I figure if the first few rounds miss an attacking bear, he'd be too deaf and blind to find me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lol, I cannot imagine owning a gun that NEEDS questionable aftermarket magazines to even make it competitive. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif
View Quote

Tell me more about your AR-15s with their dedicated factory magazines.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lol, I can’t imagine owning a gun made of questionable Indian MIM parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, I cannot imagine owning a gun that NEEDS questionable aftermarket magazines to even make it competitive. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif

Lol, I can’t imagine owning a gun made of questionable Indian MIM parts.

Dunno. Mine haven’t been questionable. Both my 365’s are awesome. Why; what problems have you had with yours?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The G43 is not a P365 killer and never will be. The only guns on the market that can actually compete with the P365 are the S&W Shield Plus, the S&W CSX, the Springfield Hellcat, the Ruger Max-9 and the Taurus GX4.

The CSX has a horrible issue with trigger reset and the GX4 isn't really great at anything. The others do quite well. I don't think Glock will ever be able to put out a P365 killer. They're still banking on dudes who carry compact guns like the Glock 19 and the Glock 43X (no, the Glock 43X isn't a true subcompact), which is a demographic that's already considerably small and getting smaller with better subcompact and microcompact carry guns.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to carry a 43X that rocked SA mags but it prints like crazy with my body type (old and out of shape).
The only place I can carry is between my 2 & 3 o'clock.
I switched to the P365X and never looked back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Two months into my 43x and I sold my 26 and don't miss it at all. If I want a fat gun, I'll carry a full size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point is the 26 is more versatile than any of the above micro compacts. It was the original, and still the best.

Two months into my 43x and I sold my 26 and don't miss it at all. If I want a fat gun, I'll carry a full size.

Fair enough. I have a 43x MOS and 48 MOS. I carry my G26 more often. Much easier for me to conceal (I don’t use an extension).
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For me it’s not the capacity or the concealability even. The 365 is remarkable because they made a little tiny gun shoot and feel so good in hand. The 43 doesn’t do that for me.
View Quote

James Reeves said that Smith & Wesson managed to pull off the same thing with the CSX. Manufacturers are starting to make real strides with microcompact carry guns.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don’t waddle around shaped like a bowling pin and you guys can conceal a full sized pistol.
View Quote

The secret to concealing a full-size pistol is being fat and wearing a button-up shirt over your IWB holster at the 3:00 position. Works like a charm for me. I still want something smaller though, like a P365 or maybe a Glock 42, for summer carry with t-shirts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#10]
This needs to be settled with a duel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pocket carry is utter garbage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By that reasoning the G26 is only slightly thicker and gives you access to the standard Glock family parts, magazines, and accessories. It conceals just fine too. I'd rather have a 26 than a 43 or 43x for

What neither the 26 or the 43X do, though, is fit in my pocket. One's too fat, the other is too tall. The 43 will work, but it only held 6+1 until now.

The 365 and Hellcat will put 11 rounds in my pocket without any trouble at all, so those are what I carry 98% of the time now. I still have my 26 for the rare times I go back to IWB. Ever since the P365 came out, the G43 has only been useful as a niche gun for people who want something pocketable but can't or won't go outside Glock, and the 43X has basically been a worse choice than something else ever since it was introduced.

Pocket carry is utter garbage.
your take is so lame it’s beyond wrong.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The 43X is the superior 43 tho'.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LoL never. Glock is reliable, it ends there. Sig is king of the hill with the 365 and it's going to be a long time before it's dethroned.
View Quote

I like Glocks too. But lol, it ends there as well because Sigs are just as reliable so the only thing that needs to be dethroned is this biased and very toxic mindset where there can only be one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Eye roll on that bullshit. People make WAY too much of an issue of the size of the gun. I carried a Beretta Centurion for six years in a belt slide under a shirt and was only made once- when I was cleaning the wheels of my car at the car wash.

You can conceal almost anything with little effort.
View Quote

Conceal? Easy. Not printing? Not easy.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don’t waddle around shaped like a bowling pin and you guys can conceal a full sized pistol.
View Quote

I'm the opposite, fit and trim. I still can't conceal a full without being uncomfortable within minutes and printing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
... and the 43X has basically been a worse choice than something else ever since it was introduced.
View Quote
LMAO, your assertions are wrong.

The 43X is the perfect EDC for me. And if it's perfect for me as well as others posting the same, then you shouldn't really go around posting biased conjecture as blanketed absolutes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
G43X with S15 mags is the way. The future is now, old man.
View Quote

The future was also yesterday, and the day before, and getting old is inevitable.

The 43X with just the factory tens is the perfect weight for me, and I'm not an old man either
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#19]
glocks have shitty grip angles
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#20]
What it all comes down to is, we all have fantastic options for what carry gun we like and want. Like Glock? Buy one. Like Sig? Buy one. Buy mags and ammo for them and shoot the shoot the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Glock 26 is better than all of them. 33rds in a stick, if you need it.
View Quote

If that's your criteria of what makes it being the better EDC, okay then.

But it's still not the better gun for ME. The 43X is thinner, easier to conceal with comfort, carries extremely well, shoots very good, and the fact that I would never need a 33 round stick in any of my guns pretty much seals this debate that it's just subjective to the person and not us as a whole.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The point is the 26 is more versatile than any of the above micro compacts. It was the original, and still the best.
View Quote

Not really. It's just what you prefer and is best for you.

It's not the best for me. The 43X MOS is the most versatile of the bunch as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote

No such link they say it's not duty grade optic but LE Duty use is different than civilian EDC
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have the Shield,  Shield +, 365 and 365XL.

I carry the XL and the wife carries the 365, nobody carried the Shield anymore and I'm giving it to my 17yo daughter.  The Shield + is nice, but extra mags are completely unavailable and I don't think extended mags are available at all.

Aftermarket for the Sig is far better, lots of holsters and mags are everywhere.

I'm going deeper and deeper into the Sig.

I can't compare it to the 43 or 48 as I own neither, but I have several G19s that are not in the carry rotation at all.
View Quote
I've had zero issues finding Shield+ mags (gregcotellc.com) and it is just a nicer gun to shoot than the 365, my follow up shots with it are considerably faster, and more accurate.  

I'm with the rest of you all though, fuck Glock, and fuck Shield Arms for once again having the public beta test their products.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The 43X is the perfect EDC for me. And if it's perfect for me as well as others posting the same, then you shouldn't really go around posting biased conjecture as blanketed absolutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... and the 43X has basically been a worse choice than something else ever since it was introduced.

I carry the 43X all the time, love it. But I was previously carrying, regularly, Sig P229, P226 and P220's, so any "micro" is just that to me.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You either reload or put up a lot of .357sig way back when. I love running a .357sig barrel in my old G27, but i can't recall how long ago the last box of it i saw on a store shelf.
View Quote

Winchester was supposed to do a run in April,  I'm waiting on 40 cases.  They owe me from a 2020, 2021 and 2022 orders.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Comparing apples to apples with identical sized gun-frames, a short barrel Glock 43X with it's donkey-dong long grip doesn't apply. I'll just keep my 10+1 P365 with its flat base mag.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#28]
lol at the gucci 43x's

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you like it, cool. Glad you found something you're emotionally invested in and willing to jump on people over. Other companies make smaller pistols with the same or greater capacity out of the box, which means the 43x isn't an industry leader there. Glock still makes a very well-regarded and successful line of pistols that fill the "not a micro compact" role better than the 43x can, with much greater standardization and availability of parts and magazines. Anything I got wrong there?

I'd say it's just a thinner G26, but even the 26 is shorter than a 43x. I didn't say nobody would ever like it or buy it, just that there's always something else that does whatever job you try to give it better.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The secret to concealing a full-size pistol is being fat and wearing a button-up shirt over your IWB holster at the 3:00 position. Works like a charm for me. I still want something smaller though, like a P365 or maybe a Glock 42, for summer carry with t-shirts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't conceal when you bend over or twist or move at all. Which is fine if it doesn't matter. I love owb at 3oclock on my days off.

Although today I'm still carrying aiwb.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eye roll on that bullshit. People make WAY too much of an issue of the size of the gun. I carried a Beretta Centurion for six years in a belt slide under a shirt and was only made once- when I was cleaning the wheels of my car at the car wash.

You can conceal almost anything with little effort.

Im still not printing with 1911s.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I swear that some of yall would complain if someone released a revolutionary new water that the water was wet.  Ever stopped to consider that some people who have a G43 cannot just drive to the gun store and buy a new gun but can pick up a couple of mags for their G43 that they already own.  A manufacture who in another thread many of you sing their praises are coming into this thread an shitting all over the idea of expanding the capacity of a pistol we all know has low capacity.  Many of you sound like democrats crying that higher capacity mags are being released.
Just FYI P365 Killer is marketing hype and clickbait just like the term iPhone Killer is marketing to drive discussion and any publicity is good publicity.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you like it, cool. Glad you found something you're emotionally invested in and willing to jump on people over. Other companies make smaller pistols with the same or greater capacity out of the box, which means the 43x isn't an industry leader there. Glock still makes a very well-regarded and successful line of pistols that fill the "not a micro compact" role better than the 43x can, with much greater standardization and availability of parts and magazines. Anything I got wrong there?

I'd say it's just a thinner G26, but even the 26 is shorter than a 43x. I didn't say nobody would ever like it or buy it, just that there's always something else that does whatever job you try to give it better.
View Quote

You literally did the same exact thing, so other than you exposing your own hypocrisy I am still not sure what else you're trying to convey other than petulant differences of opinions that aren't indisputable.

The 43X fits a role within my toolbox. Just as your own 26 fits into a role within yours. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing better than. The only real difference here is that you're making your own personal choice of a Glock model a competition over what others are choosing which hilariously is of all things, also a Glock model. Which makes your entire premise of an argument entirely quixotically redundant.

You like the 26. I don't. You dislike the 43X, but I like it. Both are tools. One is your preference while the other is mine. In the end there are no absolutes, just different opinions on the choices we make as far as self defense tools go.

There's just zero reason for me to get a 26 and be uncomfortable with it's fatter body and with a thicker grip, when the 43X already exists and shoots as well as carries much better. You're obviously going and have felt different. This is one of those times with people with two different points of view can both be correct. But with that being said, it doesn't make your 26 any better any more than my 43X being better than yours. So as I have repeatedly said, it's all subjective and not universal.

Can we at least agree that carrying something that we like is ten times better than carrying what we don't like? I've chosen the first, the latter would end up not being used and be a paperweight. I chose wisely.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You also have a different body makeup, carrying position, and clothing style than I do. It's much easier to be said than being done.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Strange looking Shield plus...
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You also have a different body makeup, carrying position, and clothing style than I do. It's much easier to be said than being done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted, and quite honestly isn't that important unless you need to not print.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Noted, and quite honestly isn't that important unless you need to not print.
View Quote

I need to not print, a lot of unreasonable people go at lengths to ignore that this actually is a need that will continue to exist for some.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#38]
So I can buy a Glock 43 then buy aftermarket mags that don't have quite the Glock reliability of factory mags to get 9+1, ooooor I can just buy a P365 and get 10+1 with factory reliable mags.................................... Yeah, real killer you got there.

Listen i like Glocks, but yall need to stop with this "killer" shit. Noone who already likes the P365 is gonna suddenly dump it and go rush out to buy a G43 because of these mags.

Also, one of the big selling points of these micro-compacts is not just their size, it's their weight. If you start cramming more rounds in the thing, even if you keep the same size, you are still making it heavier. Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So I can buy a Glock 43 then buy aftermarket mags that don't have quite the Glock reliability of factory mags to get 9+1, ooooor I can just buy a P365 and get 10+1 with factory reliable mags.................................... Yeah, real killer you got there.

Listen i like Glocks, but yall need to stop with this "killer" shit. Noone who already likes the P365 is gonna suddenly dump it and go rush out to buy a G43 because of these mags.

Also, one of the big selling points of these micro-compacts is not just their size, it's their weight. If you start cramming more rounds in the thing, even if you keep the same size, you are still making it heavier. Keep that in mind.
View Quote

I believe it is for the people who bought Glock 43's before the 43x or P365 ever existed.  I honestly do not think the mags are game changing for people who other pistols they are already setup for.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Glock 26 is better than all of them. 33rds in a stick, if you need it.
View Quote

I completely agree. I think the other guns are just fads. Eventually sig will release a 365 "double-wide" or some shit thats compatible with 320 mags and everyone is going to lose their minds and buy them in droves.

I edc a 26 with 2 17rd mags and have a couple 33rd mags in my car because why not.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I've tried to replace my P938 and I just cant justify it. Significantly easier to pocket carry vs the p365, it feels a lot smaller than the measurements suggest. I dont lose any sleep about being down 3 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Gun guys notice printing. Nobody else does. Hell, very few notice a gun in plain sight.

The mall ninja forgot his jacket while he was carrying IWB and went into a Walmart and shopped for thirty minutes and nobody noticed the gun sticking out of his pants until he was leaving.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Gun guys notice printing. Nobody else does.
View Quote
There's a lot of gun guys in my state. Some not exactly on our side of the political spectrum either. Those are some the ones that I don't want to be made by, among others.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gun guys notice printing. Nobody else does. Hell, very few notice a gun in plain sight.

The mall ninja forgot his jacket while he was carrying IWB and went into a Walmart and shopped for thirty minutes and nobody noticed the gun sticking out of his pants until he was leaving.
View Quote

Definitely. I notice all the time, and I don’t consider myself particularly “switched on” or whatever either. But you’re also right that no one notices much more obvious things like actual guns in plain sight.

I was once at a restaurant carrying AIWB and found myself in the odd position of needing to extend my arms upwards and fuck with something (think like stowing luggage in an overhead). When I was done I went across the far end of the restaurant and then to the bathroom. In the bathroom I realized that my shirt had came down behind my Glock, and that I walked through the entire restaurant twice with my Glock completely visible @ my 12:00. I expected the cops to come haul me away any second, but literally zero people noticed the dumbass parading around them multiple times with his glock half out right at their seated eye level.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#45]
you know with mag guts the stock flush fit P365 10 round mags hold 12 right? so once again even the aftermarket cant make glock worth it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#46]
can you post a photo of you sitting with that setup? It doesn't look possible. do you just have your pants/belt loose enough the whole thing slides down like urban youth? I dont get how anyone can AIWB carry.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The future was also yesterday, and the day before, and getting old is inevitable.

The 43X with just the factory tens is the perfect weight for me, and I'm not an old man either
View Quote

I love the feel of the 43x... even the 43... i carry my 43x in a tuckable holster under just a t shirt... it's comfortable and conceals well..
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glock fanbois gotta fanboi.
(I have 3 Glocks myself)
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#49]
As a few have said the 26 is the original subcompact carry gun from Glock and is still popular for a reason it fills a role of concealing well but being heavy/thick enough to absorb recoil for easier follow up shots while being able to accepts larger capacity magazines from all double stack 9mm models which gives it versatility. With 43 and 48 series you are limited to single stack magazines and after market 1.5 stack magazines that may or may not be reliable with snappier recoil as the other tradeoff requiring more range time to be proficient in follow up shots.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As a few have said the 26 is the original subcompact carry gun from Glock and is still popular for a reason it fills a role of concealing well but being heavy/thick enough to absorb recoil for easier follow up shots while being able to accepts larger capacity magazines from all double stack 9mm models which gives it versatility. With 43 and 48 series you are limited to single stack magazines and after market 1.5 stack magazines that may or may not be reliable with snappier recoil as the other tradeoff requiring more range time to be proficient in follow up shots.
View Quote

lol, OMG guy, jeez.

The 43 was never stout in my hands. My issue with it was the fact that I like to get more than two fingers around the grip. So I got aftermarket. When I saw that if I can easily conceal aftermarket that made it the same size as a 43X, I got the 43X and had more rounds and was still easy for me to shoot.

Your 26 is uncomfortable in my hands. The 43X isn't. Your magazine compatibility with the other double stack models is just that, hardly something I'd consider to be versatile because that's all you have going for it. Pass. Hard pass. I can have a 43X micro comp that brings it to the 48 (G19) size and be even more easier to shoot than your precious 26.. I can put a TLR7A on the MOS model and have a slim gun that conceals like a single stack yet carries ten rounds (15 if you go with aftermarket), and be a true SHTF gun that can be easier to conceal than a double, more comfortable to conceal because it's not a double, and have a better shooting gun with that PMM add on. Plus the MOS has the red dot ready option. Sure you can get an MOS 26, but in the end it'd still be an uncomfortable, fat, chunky, dead weight that wouldn't be carried, liked, or used by me. But the 43X would. And it would truly be even more versatile because it could do a bunch of different roles. Your 26 cannot do that and be comfy to use and shoot in my hands. It's just the way it is.

So it's settled, the 26 is subjective at best and only still popular with those that still like them. Cool. However the future is now, and slimmer guns are what's being sought after the most in popularity from a bunch of different companies. It's high time to face these facts.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top