Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Enh.  I still have a 43, but have been CCWing a 3" .357 for the last couple of years due to ammo supply issues in 9mm.  

I might pick up a couple of these after some public beta testers have resulted in another generation of tweaks, because then I'll have 9 round mags rather than 7 (with the Pearce +1 baseplates), so that's a decent increase in capacity.

But for the time being, I'll stick with my .357 due to ammo supply & related feed geometry concerns (and the requisite testing cost to verify!).
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This plus PSA mags coming out = winning combo
View Quote
Any updated news on those?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
so what are these mags running for cost?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

By that reasoning the G26 is only slightly thicker and gives you access to the standard Glock family parts, magazines, and accessories. It conceals just fine too. I'd rather have a 26 than a 43 or 43x for

What neither the 26 or the 43X do, though, is fit in my pocket. One's too fat, the other is too tall. The 43 will work, but it only held 6+1 until now.

The 365 and Hellcat will put 11 rounds in my pocket without any trouble at all, so those are what I carry 98% of the time now. I still have my 26 for the rare times I go back to IWB. Ever since the P365 came out, the G43 has only been useful as a niche gun for people who want something pocketable but can't or won't go outside Glock, and the 43X has basically been a worse choice than something else ever since it was introduced.
View Quote

If you’re able to pocket carry a 43, we all know why you’re not able to CCW most of these like normal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol, I cannot imagine owning a gun that NEEDS questionable aftermarket magazines to even make it competitive. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
PSA’s micro Dagger and 43X-compatible 15rnd mags left a message for TFB.

“Lol”
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I have some issues with Sig, but there is no micro compact p365 killer.   The platform is accurate, aside from the first run reliable, priced competitive, modular, and in wide use with aftermarket support.
It’s as small as practically useful.
The last pistol that met most of that list first was a g19 and that’s yet to be killed as the go to compact.

What are you killing with it other than making a pistol cheaper which isn’t always the best idea.   Glock made a mistake by not coming to market with a equally sized and capacity pistol first.
  Sig sucks in many ways but they killed it with this design.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
43x is a superior ccw gun.
View Quote

And holds 15 with their mags.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The P365 killer is the M&P Shield Plus.
View Quote

I have the Shield,  Shield +, 365 and 365XL.

I carry the XL and the wife carries the 365, nobody carried the Shield anymore and I'm giving it to my 17yo daughter.  The Shield + is nice, but extra mags are completely unavailable and I don't think extended mags are available at all.

Aftermarket for the Sig is far better, lots of holsters and mags are everywhere.

I'm going deeper and deeper into the Sig.

I can't compare it to the 43 or 48 as I own neither, but I have several G19s that are not in the carry rotation at all.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. ^^^
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those are some bigass pockets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Those are some bigass pockets.

No, not really

Quoted:

Pocket carry is utter garbage.

Sometimes the choice is pocket carry or no carry. When that is the case I choose pocket carry
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock 26 is better than all of them. 33rds in a stick, if you need it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread just reminded me I wanted to upgrade my XL to the Wilson grip module. Ordered
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that a mag in your pocket or you just excited to me here? Nope just my 33rd round glock mag

Come on
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh cool!

Another new gun just like the old gun, designed in 1983!

Gotta love that staple gun trigger
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is that a mag in your pocket or you just excited to me here? Nope just my 33rd round glock mag

Come on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on

The point is the 26 is more versatile than any of the above micro compacts. It was the original, and still the best.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]
For me it came down to the 43x or the 48. I went with the 48. No regrets at all. I like it.

I just installed the Shield mag release and will test the shield mags soon.

If they don't work I have a plan on how to fix that.

Love my G19 but it's just a little bulky for summer carry.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For me it’s not the capacity or the concealability even. The 365 is remarkable because they made a little tiny gun shoot and feel so good in hand. The 43 doesn’t do that for me.
View Quote

I agree. I own a 43, PM9, Sig 938. All pretty good but not on the same level.

Honorable mention to the Shield Plus. It’s pretty damn good. Best of the competitors out of the box.

P365 is still the OG & King of the micros.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eye roll on that bullshit. People make WAY too much of an issue of the size of the gun. I carried a Beretta Centurion for six years in a belt slide under a shirt and was only made once- when I was cleaning the wheels of my car at the car wash.

You can conceal almost anything with little effort.
View Quote

Yup I have carried everything from a J Frame up to and including a Glock 35 or a TRP Operator.  Very effectively.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a glock 43 and after adding ameriglo sights to it I really liked it. I had vickers plus 2 extensions on the spare mags and a tti plus 1 for the carry mag. It was a good setup. These new mags give existing owners options finally. But it’s too little too late. This does not make it a p365 killer. The 43x maybe. The 43 would have been more popular if these had been out years ago. A $400 glock 43 is a good gun. But adding sights and mag options adds up or exceeds p365 price
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL

Nothing is "killing" the P365 series.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This plus PSA mags coming out = winning combo
View Quote

What? First I have heard.  Tell me more.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Eye roll on that bullshit. People make WAY too much of an issue of the size of the gun. I carried a Beretta Centurion for six years in a belt slide under a shirt and was only made once- when I was cleaning the wheels of my car at the car wash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before "The grip is too large to concealed effectively".

Click To View Spoiler

I totally agree. Carried a Beretta 92 for years.

The Sig is still way better than the 43.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Only if you wear little boy skinny jeans. I pocket carry the P365X all the time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel the same about the P365 in configurations that make it too big to pocket (XL).

Only if you wear little boy skinny jeans. I pocket carry the P365X all the time

Same. Use the same holster I used to put my j frame in.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#25]
If we look around the industry with an objective unbiased eye we can see that there is room in the market for both high quality firearms. There are enough differences between the two that individuals can have a preference over the other without throwing shade on the other.

Except the hellcat, because FSA.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you’re able to pocket carry a 43, we all know why you’re not able to CCW most of these like normal.
View Quote

I'm not? News to me. I went to pocket carry out of convenience, not necessity. You want to clarify that snarky-sounding implication a little so I can more effectively tell you how wrong you are?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And when they finally delivered it they were too fucking lazy to create an innovative magazine design that holds more rounds. Literally every other major manufacturer is now cramming more rounds into the same basic sized envelope using OEM mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL never. Glock is reliable, it ends there. Sig is king of the hill with the 365 and it's going to be a long time before it's dethroned.

This fuck Glock.  They purposely denied the market of what we wanted in single stacks while their competition stepped in.  I moved on to Sig.

And when they finally delivered it they were too fucking lazy to create an innovative magazine design that holds more rounds. Literally every other major manufacturer is now cramming more rounds into the same basic sized envelope using OEM mags.

Glock's business is polymer moldings. They sell every 43X, 48, and associated magazine they make and they don't give a shit.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
And the ability to swap out grip modules without filling out a 4473.  Which puts the P365 family even further ahead of its competitors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And the ability to swap out grip modules without filling out a 4473.  Which puts the P365 family even further ahead of its competitors.
View Quote

Nobody does tho. That was firmly established with the 320. People pick a configuration and stick with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The P365 killer is the M&P Shield Plus.
View Quote

It waa for me. That dinky lil 365 is a marvel of engineering with the way they crammed all that ammo in there.  I rented one to try. Shot fine, but the grip was just too small for my large hands. Length of pull put my trigger finger in an odd spot for accuracy. Same story with the Hellcat and 43.  

Soon as the Shield Plus hit the market i took note. I'd shot a couple of original Shields in the past and really like them. I've carried a Plus ever since handling the first i saw.  My previous CC for a decade was my trusty old G27. I am a hardcore Glock guy. The 27 sits in the safe.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#31]
My G43 it is a deep concealment gun for summer carry.
I can also carry my Glock 19 IWB.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My G43 it is a deep concealment gun for summer carry.
I can also carry my Glock 19 IWB.
View Quote

As in "prison pocket" carry?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Laughs in Glock 33 .357Sig FTW
View Quote

You either reload or put up a lot of .357sig way back when. I love running a .357sig barrel in my old G27, but i can't recall how long ago the last box of it i saw on a store shelf.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m a Glock guy but once I bought a P365, my Glocks don’t get much mileage

P365 with the 12 round mag, sidecar style holster, 15rd spare

Gonna pick up a 365xl soon so I can swap shit around if I want
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That

The little one is EDC, it's 5" big bro set up the same is for fun. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/535702/Pair_of_Glocks_-_Copy_jpg-2385721.JPG
The little one with one of the big one's mags as a spare = 22 rds of EDC .45 ACP.
View Quote

Is that the G36?  Custom slide?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The point is the 26 is more versatile than any of the above micro compacts. It was the original, and still the best.
View Quote

Then why did glock make the 43/43/48?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This fuck Glock.  They purposely denied the market of what we wanted in single stacks while their competition stepped in.  I moved on to Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL never. Glock is reliable, it ends there. Sig is king of the hill with the 365 and it's going to be a long time before it's dethroned.

I'm sure that 100 year old multi-billionaire, Gaston Glock, is sweating your boycott.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This. ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. ^^^

How is it superior? For the fact that you have to use after market mags and an after market mag release?

I own a 43X. I also own a G48, P365, P365XL.

I think that’s a silly statement to make. There are plenty of guns on the market that come standard with extended mags and not having to change parts out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I’m a Glock guy but once I bought a P365, my Glocks don’t get much mileage

P365 with the 12 round mag, sidecar style holster, 15rd spare

Gonna pick up a 365xl soon so I can swap shit around if I want
View Quote

This is the way Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I shot my 26 really well, but if you're carrying something that thick and heavy just go with a 19.  Everyone puts finger extensions on them anyway which ends up the same length.

I replaced the 26 with a 43 with a TLR6 and pearce +1s.  Been watching all these new micro compacts from the sidelines.  The one thing I love about the 43 is that even with the tlr6 it's so light they you can carry it with drawstring shorts and not have problems.  I'll wait for the reviews on these mags.  

Would be nice if they also offered a flush fit 7 for when you want deep concealment.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#41]

I really need to shoot my P365XL more. I’ve got a Holosun on it. Maybe I should get the tlr7 sub as well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nobody does tho. That was firmly established with the 320. People pick a configuration and stick with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed that nobody swaps them out on a regular basis.  But you can get your P365 with a grip that works for you and not a one-size-fits-all.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You either reload or put up a lot of .357sig way back when. I love running a .357sig barrel in my old G27, but i can't recall how long ago the last box of it i saw on a store shelf.
View Quote

I carry a 33 also. I bought a 40SW barrel for practice (and carry sometimes). A few years ago, I bought a bunch of 357 ammo when agencies were dumping it. I was buying HST and Gold Dots cheaper than FMJ.

Lately I'm carrying it in 357SIG although I dont know if the extra blast and boom is worth it over 40 or even 9mm. Anyway variety.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Come on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on

No problem with the 33 rd backup mags. Just tie on a bit of shock cord between the mag base and your belt and poke that sucker inside the front of some baggy pants. It only looks fucked up when you sit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on

I'd argue that the G27 had another level of versatility over the 26, if you add 9mm and .357 sig barrels. Stock fotay rocks steel plate targets like no 9mm can, G26 mode takes happy sticks and .357sig mode was my woods carry with hard cast and solid copper rounds. The G26 is 9mm only with simple barrel swaps.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#47]

I bought my P365 pretty early on, before the XL existed. I’d probably just go XL straight out of the gate nowadays
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Two months into my 43x and I sold my 26 and don't miss it at all. If I want a fat gun, I'll carry a full size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two months into my 43x and I sold my 26 and don't miss it at all. If I want a fat gun, I'll carry a full size.

I’ll always have a soft spot for the 26 and it is a quality pistol, but definitely. Given the litany of better carry options on the market these days I doubt I’ll ever carry it again unless I just take a wild notion.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
PSA’s micro Dagger and 43X-compatible 15rnd mags left a message for TFB.

“Lol”
View Quote

I love PSA, but no way in hell I’d carry one of their pistols without a couple years of development. The Dagger has gone very far from flawless. What are the chances of them making a micro compact that will be perfect out the gate if they couldn’t get a G19 right.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol, I cannot imagine owning a gun that NEEDS questionable aftermarket magazines to even make it competitive. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif
View Quote

Lol, I can’t imagine owning a gun made of questionable Indian MIM parts.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top