Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any links escape me, but there were multiple instances of elected politicians and/or political elites whose residences were reinforced with an authoritative presence when citizenry gathered to express displeasure & unapproval. Granted, those were all probably local political enforcement folks, not NG...

...at this point, what difference does it make
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it strange that anybody would find fault with giving them the ability to use deadly force to prevent imminent death or serious bodily harm to themselves or others.

Agreed, our elected leaders in the high castle are of the utmost importance to our democracy...
They were given the same ability to protect states and their citizens for the last couple of years. As far as delegating the capital building an asset vital to national security or national critical infrastructure, I don't know. I'm not there. These things aren't new. This has all been codified in federal law for quite some time.

As much as that sounds great and all, this guy is having a tough time believing that the NG has/is being used to protect citizens other then the elites...and their chosen idiots. Us common folk are of no concern to them...

...in before you tell me I'm wrong
What elites have they protected for the last 2 years as Antifa and BLM have been violently protesting? I watched an Army NG medic treat a civilian with a sucking chest wound. He was a local gang banger, but I don't think he was an elite...

Any links escape me, but there were multiple instances of elected politicians and/or political elites whose residences were reinforced with an authoritative presence when citizenry gathered to express displeasure & unapproval. Granted, those were all probably local political enforcement folks, not NG...

...at this point, what difference does it make

And there were entire city blocks of private businesses protected by NG troops in cities across the country.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nobody is clearing NG troops to shoot people protesting. That's hyperbole. They have been rightfully granted to ability to use deadly force to prevent an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. Federal law has this codified and it's been that way for a long time. The standards have been tested all the way up to SCOTUS. If someone fucks up and operates outside the standard, they'll be judged for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we are using the military to shoot citizens who may wish to protest against their elected officials? Sounds totally American to me.
We all knew it would come to this.
Nobody is clearing NG troops to shoot people protesting. That's hyperbole. They have been rightfully granted to ability to use deadly force to prevent an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. Federal law has this codified and it's been that way for a long time. The standards have been tested all the way up to SCOTUS. If someone fucks up and operates outside the standard, they'll be judged for it.

"They have been rightfully granted the ability"? Are you talking about them being properly issued rifles?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The think we may be about to find out is whether or not they will shoot their fellow school teachers, mechanics, grocers and so on.

I thought that was what we were discussing here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've watched every echelon of leadership brief every echelon of tactical formation of NG troops performing civil disturbance ops that every American has the right to freedom of speech and peaceful assembly. That Americans have the right to possess and carry weapons. That the NG mission is to protect and safeguard. You all keep forgetting that the NG is made up of people that live and work in your communities every day. They're school teachers, mechanics, grocers, cops, firemen, businessmen. They are you. They just pack up and go when called.
The think we may be about to find out is whether or not they will shoot their fellow school teachers, mechanics, grocers and so on.

I thought that was what we were discussing here.
Have they up to this point? They've been out there performing civil disturbance ops for the better part of two years. In crowds of left leaning and right leaning, armed and unarmed crowds. How many citizens have NG shot? Specifically, the NG from numerous states have been performing civil disturbance ops in DC for over a year. How many have they shot?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"They have been rightfully granted the ability"? Are you talking about them being properly issued rifles?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we are using the military to shoot citizens who may wish to protest against their elected officials? Sounds totally American to me.

I'm talking about NG troops being trained and briefed under which conditions they are legally justified in using deadly force.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What if the 20k troops and defensive structures are not there for inauguration.  BUT there for what they plan to do to the American people after inauguration.
View Quote

That’s what worries me.  So much is going around, it’s hard to believe we have become this. A video I just saw by a military guy says Trump is in hiding and after Inauguration Day, the wall is coming down and they will be coming after firearms.  Voluntary, at first.  Later, using drones with infrared to find them stashed on land. I think it’s all crazy and hope it is. We need to get past this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The difference is this is purely political, based on a pre-planed event orchestrated by the Left, so if someone fucks up and operates outside the standard, it will not be them it will half the country that has been deemed an extremest threat to the ruling party that will be judged and ultimately pay a steep price for it, the NG is obviously being setup as a trigger for just that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The difference is this is purely political, based on a pre-planed event orchestrated by the Left, so if someone fucks up and operates outside the standard, it will not be them it will half the country that has been deemed an extremest threat to the ruling party that will be judged and ultimately pay a steep price for it, the NG is obviously being setup as a trigger for just that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every civil disturbance event the NG has been involved in for the last 3 years has been political bullshit to one degree or another.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Why is NG being deployed CONUS outside of their state? Why aren't Federal troops being positioned here?

Could it be one of those dc corruption tactics of "you've done something wrong, now we own you"?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've watched every echelon of leadership brief every echelon of tactical formation of NG troops performing civil disturbance ops that every American has the right to freedom of speech and peaceful assembly. That Americans have the right to possess and carry weapons. That the NG mission is to protect and safeguard. You all keep forgetting that the NG is made up of people that live and work in your communities every day. They're school teachers, mechanics, grocers, cops, firemen, businessmen. They are you. They just pack up and go when called.
View Quote

I hope you realize protecting the ruling class is not the same as protecting the community in any way, shape or form.  Please tell us you understand that.  They have been dispatched to a completely different assignment, with a different set of ROE.  

No one is disputing the honorable intentions of the NG working in their own communities.  When they're dispatched en masse to protect the "elected representatives" who have the power to change the ROE to kill "the people", you need to start questioning their role and authority, not blindingly accepting it.

eta:  I was assigned to my governor's close protection detail during the time the NG was activated twice for local states of emergency.  I witnessed the UOF briefing to the ANG MPs assigned to control looting, and one would have thought these guys had never been educated in the law of deadly force.  The guard troops were performing local LE type duties and were almost completely clueless.  I did not trust them to understand their authority given to them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why is NG being deployed CONUS outside of their state? Why aren't Federal troops being positioned here?

Could it be one of those dc corruption tactics of "you've done something wrong, now we own you"?
View Quote
Federal troops (Title 10) can't be used without presidential and/or congressional authority. And rightfully so. NG (Title 32) can be farmed out from one governor to the next through mutual aid agreements. Same way that LEO's can assist other agencies outside of their normal jurisdiction. These agreements get hashed out through legal channels prior to.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have they up to this point? They've been out there performing civil disturbance ops for the better part of two years. In crowds of left leaning and right leaning, armed and unarmed crowds. How many citizens have NG shot? Specifically, the NG from numerous states have been performing civil disturbance ops in DC for over a year. How many have they shot?
View Quote
I think the game has changed now that the central government is the target.

Congress is shaken by the recent incident. I mean, there were actually people in areas of the capitol where they were not authorized to be.

Such blasphemy is beyond their ability to grasp, so they are frightened.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I hope you realize protecting the ruling class is not the same as protecting the community in any way, shape or form.  Please tell us you understand that.  They have been dispatched to a completely different assignment, with a different set of ROE.  

No one is disputing the honorable intentions of the NG working in their own communities.  When they're dispatched en masse to protect the "elected representatives" who have the power to change the ROE to kill "the people", you need to start questioning their role and authority, not blindingly accepting it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Up until this point, everything is in line with legal responsibilities and authorizations. Everything I have been privy to has the leadership continually training and briefing troops on their legal limitations and that they are there to protect rights. At the point that anyone orders anything different, it's up to the individual service members to decide what it a legal order and what is not a legal order. It's always been that way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree. Up until this point, everything is in line with legal responsibilities and authorizations. Everything I have been privy to has the leadership continually training and briefing troops on their legal limitations and that they are there to protect rights. At the point that anyone orders anything different, it's up to the individual service members to decide what it a legal order and what is not a legal order. It's always been that way.
View Quote

I was assigned to my governor's close protection detail during the time the NG was activated twice for local states of emergency.  I witnessed the UOF briefing to the ANG MPs assigned to control looting, and one would have thought these guys had never been educated in the law of deadly force.  The guard troops were performing local LE type duties and were almost completely clueless.  I did not trust them to understand their authority given to them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was assigned to my governor's close protection detail during the time the NG was activated twice for local states of emergency.  I witnessed the UOF briefing to the ANG MPs assigned to control looting, and one would have thought these guys had never been educated in the law of deadly force.  The guard troops were performing local LE type duties and were almost completely clueless.  I did not trust them to understand their role given them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was assigned to my governor's close protection detail during the time the NG was activated twice for local states of emergency.  I witnessed the UOF briefing to the ANG MPs assigned to control looting, and one would have thought these guys had never been educated in the law of deadly force.  The guard troops were performing local LE type duties and were almost completely clueless.  I did not trust them to understand their role given them.
Fair enough. Were they briefed to kill protesters or were they given narrow parameters under which deadly force would be legally justified? If we're talking about people being unprepared to carry out their legal duties, we can start pointing the finger at any number of reserve or small town police officers. Nonetheless, they would be held accountable for their actions, yes?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Having heard of the passing qualifications number from a local guard unit from a buddy who is an NCO........I'm not all that worried about the Natl Guard and lethal force.

I'd say most Arfcommers kids shoot better.
View Quote
why does that matter wheb likely engagement is what 20 meters or less.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Very intelligent post right here. Much insightful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well it is the US military so anybody wearing a man dress and not actively firing a weapon should be off limits right?  Or do those ROE only apply in the Middle East?

You know the answer. The elites value some rando in the Me more then us citizens.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You know the answer. The elites value some rando in the Me more then us citizens.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well it is the US military so anybody wearing a man dress and not actively firing a weapon should be off limits right?  Or do those ROE only apply in the Middle East?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm talking about NG troops being trained and briefed under which conditions they are legally justified in using deadly force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. You've got a funny way of saying that.

Are you talking about the list of justifications for the use of deadly force?

Here they are:
Deadly force may only be used when reasonable, including, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Self-defense and defense of others
- Protecting assets vital to national security
- Protecting inherently dangerous property
- Protecting national critical infrastructure
- Performing an arrest or apprehension, or preventing escape, if there is probable cause to believe the subject has committed an offense involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical injury or death and that the escape of the subject would pose an actual or imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm to personnel in the vicinity
- Defending against animals

Those have always been there (slightly modified over the years), and have always had briefing/training requirements on a frequent and regular basis, especially for those who become armed, e.g. the government arms me, they must have my deadly force briefing on file within the last 3 months.

Those don't sound too much different for when a regular person has a right to use deadly force... and the National Guard has always had those justifications.

Are there other justifications for deadly force? Sure as shooting. Those are specific for the application/assignment, e.g. a deadly force auth letter for transporting dangerous prisoners, nuke transport guard auth, etc. Not to put it too simply: If I'm authorized deadly force outside the scope of the above list, I need that in writing from the applicable authority.

[more directed at the OP]Has the National Guard at the Capitol received authorization for use of deadly force outside the scope of the above list? The only thing that pops into my brain is the possibly of arrest powers, but with the Capitol Police there, NG can detain for Capitol Police, so that the actual arrest is performed by Capitol Police, so it's kinda moot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#19]
@WadeGarrett

Thanks for bringing some rational thoughts to this thread.

I learned a few things as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fair enough. Were they briefed to kill protesters or were they given narrow parameters under which deadly force would be legally justified? If we're talking about people being unprepared to carry out their legal duties, we can start pointing the finger at any number of reserve or small town police officers. Nonetheless, they would be held accountable for their actions, yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The citizen soldiers were given a remedial lesson in the UOF, including deadly force.  They were ANG Military "Police", not just regular NG, but still appeared uncertain and confused of the law under which they would be operating.  I just prayed they wouldn't get trigger happy with the issued arms that they didn't regularly carry.

The situation in D.C. is nothing like working within the communities where guardsman may feel a close connection to their neighbors they're "serving and protecting".  The elites distrust the people, and we don't trust them to give lawfully justified orders to the troops that they command.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The citizen soldiers were given a remedial lesson in the UOF, including deadly force.  They were ANG Military "Police", not just regular NG, but still appeared uncertain and confused of the law under which they would be operating.  I just prayed they wouldn't get trigger happy with the issued arms that they didn't regularly carry.

The situation in D.C. is nothing like working within the communities where guardsman may feel a close connection to their neighbors they're "serving and protecting".  The elites distrust the people, and we don't trust them to give lawfully justified orders to the troops that they command.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And NG troops are taught at all stages of their professional development that it is their duty to NOT carry out unlawful orders. Ultimately, just like everybody in all aspects of life, it will fall to the reasonable and responsible individual to determine what is right and what is wrong. Contrary to popular belief, there are some damn good NCO's in the NG (many of which were prior service AD) that will uphold the constitution.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Here they are:
Deadly force may only be used when reasonable, including, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Performing an arrest or apprehension, or preventing escape, if there is probable cause to believe the subject has committed an offense involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical injury or death and that the escape of the subject would pose an actual or imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm to personnel in the vicinity

Those have always been there (slightly modified over the years), and have always had briefing/training requirements on a frequent and regular basis, especially for those who become armed, e.g. the government arms me, they must have my deadly force briefing on file within the last 3 months.

Those don't sound too much different for when a regular person has a right to use deadly force... and the National Guard has always had those justifications.

Are there other justifications for deadly force? Sure as shooting. Those are specific for the application/assignment, e.g. a deadly force auth letter for transporting dangerous prisoners, nuke transport guard auth, etc. Not to put it too simply: If I'm authorized deadly force outside the scope of the above list, I need that in writing from the applicable authority.

[more directed at the OP]Has the National Guard at the Capitol received authorization for use of deadly force outside the scope of the above list? The only thing that pops into my brain is the possibly of arrest powers, but with the Capitol Police there, NG can detain for Capitol Police, so that the actual arrest is performed by Capitol Police, so it's kinda moot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here they are:

The civil disturbance planning and training I've been a part of, or privy to, did not involve anything other than what state law allowed in regards to the use of deadly force. The protection of items considered vital to national security, national critical infrastructure, or inherently dangerous property were not covered under many state's laws allowing the use of deadly force as property wasn't covered. Title 10 troops (AD) were afforded protections for using deadly force to protect property under federal law but Title 32 (NG under control of states) were only afforded legal protection based on state law. Those state laws differ from state to state. Title 10 troops cannot be used to assist civil authorities without presidential/congressional authority or under very limited and narrow sets of circumstances. The defense of property with deadly force is specific to certain items within federal jurisdictions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What dog do you have in this fight?  Must be a butt hurt NG member.  

No one is slighting you so it’s weird you are so defensive.  
View Quote

There has been a lot of stupid shit posted in this thread, and he's been reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]
All this to prevent a Biden inauguration from turning into a Trump rally...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We know
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]
The military is always authorized to use lethal force.

Exactly when and where it is authorized are the crucial details.

This is nothing but scare propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.

Guaranteed those NG aren't carrying letters authorizing them to 'shoot protestors on sight.' Attempts to imply that only just now NG is auth to use DF is fear-mongering. They always have been, as people, they just a get a few blanket protections for using that in the protection of others/assets/infrastructure because they're NG... which they've got anytime they're armed as the NG... which isn't specific to this evolution.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#28]
"They would shoot fellow Americans."

So would everyone else on this site. Those dipshits wearing black-bloc are your fellow citizens, deserving as they may be of a bullet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's some other breaking news.

You are authorized to use lethal force.

So am I.

So is whoever posts after me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So am I.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So am I.

FUCK YEAH!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#31]
That's why they called in PR nasty girls. Americans wouldn't dare.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope the FBI have their body armor on when they lead a few dopes storming the gates!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having heard of the passing qualifications number from a local guard unit from a buddy who is an NCO........I'm not all that worried about the Natl Guard and lethal force.

I'd say most Arfcommers kids shoot better.

Your assuming 20 or less.   And there are gunfights where nobody hit shit inside 10yrds and less so.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The governor called the NG into Kenosha before Rittenhouse's encounter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it strange that anybody would find fault with giving them the ability to use deadly force to prevent imminent death or serious bodily harm to themselves or others.

Agreed, our elected leaders in the high castle are of the utmost importance to our democracy...
They were given the same ability to protect states and their citizens for the last couple of years. As far as delegating the capital building an asset vital to national security or national critical infrastructure, I don't know. I'm not there. These things aren't new. This has all been codified in federal law for quite some time.

As much as that sounds great and all, this guy is having a tough time believing that the NG has/is being used to protect citizens other then the elites...and their chosen idiots. Us common folk are of no concern to them...

What elites have they protected for the last 2 years as Antifa and BLM have been violently protesting? I watched an Army NG medic treat a civilian with a sucking chest wound. He was a local gang banger, but I don't think he was an elite...

No one is slighting you so it's weird you are so defensive.   But your argument that blm and this are being treated the same is retarded.   Kenosha was burned down and a kid had to defend himself against scum bags because no one wanted to go against blm even though they have a track record of destruction.  No one was calling in the national guard because of optics.  Once Kenosha burned and a patriot cleaned house they activated the guard and games stopped.

Show me proof.  I listened to him deny it twice on local news stations.  They weren’t there when Kenosha burned.  So possibly it happened right before but not enough to matter.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"They would shoot fellow Americans."

So would everyone else on this site. Those dipshits wearing black-bloc are your fellow citizens, deserving as they may be of a bullet.
View Quote

That’s pretty disingenuous. They don’t have them there for Antifa, nor did they when they were actually rioting, trying to break through the fencing to the White House, burning down a church and a bunch of Georgetown for months this summer. They fucking painted the streets in their scummy organization’s name.

Now, they have standing military and a green zone in the capital and announcing everywhere how they are authorized to kill people when tazers and tear gas were out of bounds a few months ago.

Justifying any of that is not reasonable in any way. They aren’t doing this to pontificate on the finer points of use of force law. It’s fucked up and has almost nothing to do with anything that actually happened on the 6th and everything to do with what happened on Election Day and beyond.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Its nice to see congress finally accept that you need standard capacity mags and semi auto rifles to protect yourself.
View Quote

Nice! Needs to be a meme.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#38]
I remember after the bombing in Spain being put out on guard duty in Germany with... empty magazines at the Gates.  Nice to know who’s lives are valued more.  What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#39]
The first time those weekend warriors kill any American Citizens, will be the beginning of the end of the loony democrats!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#40]
We Jedi now!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Legitimately elected Presidents don’t need 20,000+ troops to protect them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Show me proof.  I listened to him deny it twice on local news stations.  They weren't there when Kenosha burned.  So possibly it happened right before but not enough to matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is slighting you so it's weird you are so defensive.   But your argument that blm and this are being treated the same is retarded.   Kenosha was burned down and a kid had to defend himself against scum bags because no one wanted to go against blm even though they have a track record of destruction.  No one was calling in the national guard because of optics.  Once Kenosha burned and a patriot cleaned house they activated the guard and games stopped.

Show me proof.  I listened to him deny it twice on local news stations.  They weren't there when Kenosha burned.  So possibly it happened right before but not enough to matter.

I've found numerous news articles that report the governor officially requested the NG at 0300 on the 24th. They were in place before Rittenhouse's encounter at around 2345 on the 25th.

This is a pretty good roll-up and it was really easy to find: https://spectrumnews1.com/wi/madison/news/2020/08/27/timeline--scaled-up-law-enforcement-presence-in-kenosha.

Backed up by plenty of other news sites as well. Not sure why this was so difficult for you to find...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Having been a senior instructor, Master Gunner an ran more small arms ranges than I can remember. Most National troops are non shooting mofos.Infantry units are better, Id rather shoot myself than run ranges for support personnel..
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Having been a senior instructor, Master Gunner an ran more small arms ranges than I can remember. Most National troops are non shooting mofos.Infantry units are better, Id rather shoot myself than run ranges for support personnel..
View Quote
Having instructed, worked ranges for, or shot combat pistol/rifle comps with people from every branch, there are fucking non-shooting idiots in every one of them. I know this is going to be a shock but, on the whole, MOS's/AFSC's/Rates that don't regularly handle firearms are typically not very good with them unless they choose to be a part of competitive marksmanship teams or take a personal interest outside of their service. The surprising part to me is how many infantry suck at shooting past 150 yards from any position other than prone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Legitimately elected Presidents don’t need 20,000+ troops to protect them.
View Quote

There will be no protesters so no one will get shot.   But, you are absolutely correct.  

kwg
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Having instructed, worked ranges for, or shot combat pistol/rifle comps with people from every branch, there are fucking non-shooting idiots in every one of them. I know this is going to be a shock but, on the whole, MOS's/AFSC's/Rates that don't regularly handle firearms are typically not very good with them unless they choose to be a part of competitive marksmanship teams or take a personal interest outside of their service. The surprising part to me is how many infantry suck at shooting past 150 yards from any position other than prone.
View Quote

When the new qual standards started an eliminated the old prone, prone supported, foxhole position, scores significantly dropped.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I wonder what the reaction of the people of the USA will be if and when the 'troops' unload and kill a whole bunch or just a few fellow citizens?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I feel bad for them.  Have a relative there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Yep, burn down our cities, harm our citizens, loot, rob, and no protection for you, serf! BUT....scare a couple of .gov officials and GAME ON! If people don't notice the "Two Tiered" justice system, wellllll.......I just don't know what to tell ya. 10ring
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Repeat  what NG Stands for and get back to me
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top