Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be embarrassing to get shot by one of those fat cows I have seen in Photos.

you have pretty good odds if she is aiming at you though, your friends next to you, not so much
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The question I have is, did they issue any ammunition?

My Pastor was stationed at the DMZ in Korea, they gave him a rifle but no ammunition, didn't trust them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My Pastor was stationed at the DMZ in Korea, they gave him a rifle but no ammunition, didn't trust them.
View Quote
There may be some exceptions, but the majority of them have ammo. The NG troops that have performed civil disturbance operations for the last 2 years have almost all been issued ammo if they are issued a weapon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#4]
As quickly as they were called up, I guarantee that most of the weapons are not zero'd to the shooter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So dupe?
View Quote

Seems so...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its nice to see congress finally accept that you need standard capacity mags and semi auto rifles to protect yourself.
View Quote

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I find it strange that anybody would find fault with giving them the ability to use deadly force to prevent imminent death or serious bodily harm to themselves or others.
View Quote

Agreed, our elected leaders in the high castle are of the utmost importance to our democracy...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As quickly as they were called up, I guarantee that most of the weapons are not zero'd to the shooter.
View Quote
I personally know of at least one group that spent the day before shipment on the range zeroing and qualifying.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Agreed, our elected leaders in the high castle are of the utmost importance to our democracy...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it strange that anybody would find fault with giving them the ability to use deadly force to prevent imminent death or serious bodily harm to themselves or others.

They were given the same ability to protect states and their citizens for the last couple of years. As far as delegating the capital building an asset vital to national security or national critical infrastructure, I don't know. I'm not there. These things aren't new. This has all been codified in federal law for quite some time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Well it is the US military so anybody wearing a man dress and not actively firing a weapon should be off limits right?  Or do those ROE only apply in the Middle East?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well it is the US military so anybody wearing a man dress and not actively firing a weapon should be off limits right?  Or do those ROE only apply in the Middle East?
View Quote
Very intelligent post right here. Much insightful.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Nothing bad ever happened in Concord....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Rut Roe!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very intelligent post right here. Much insightful.
View Quote

Sorry was just trying to bring a bit of inappropriate humor to the fact that US citizens exercising their constitutionally protected rights are facing a bigger military force than nations full of people who would kill any American in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

According to a friend that is there they where issued 15 rounds, supposedly more on the way but 5 days later they have not gotten it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The NG has been called out in a majority of states for protests and riots over the last 2 years. Please show me how many citizens they have shot and why those citizens got shot. I'll wait...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we are using the military to shoot citizens who may wish to protest against their elected officials? Sounds totally American to me.
The NG has been called out in a majority of states for protests and riots over the last 2 years. Please show me how many citizens they have shot and why those citizens got shot. I'll wait...

Wait for what? Did I say any had been shot yet? Link says they have been authorized to shoot fellow Americans.

Not sure what your intentions are, but most of your responses in this thread are coming across as rude and argumentative.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wait for what? Did I say any had been shot yet? Link says they have been authorized to shoot fellow Americans.

Not sure what your intentions are, but most of your responses in this thread are coming across as rude and argumentative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we are using the military to shoot citizens who may wish to protest against their elected officials? Sounds totally American to me.

They've been authorized to shoot Americans that pose an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm for the last two years. How many citizens have been shot by NG troops thus far? I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative, just simply interject facts amongst all the hyperbole.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
This is scary times.  I almost wish it were all fake news and will go away once inauguration happens.  To think that our country....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They've been authorized to shoot Americans that pose an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm for the last two years. How many citizens have been shot by NG troops thus far? I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative, just simply interject facts amongst all the hyperbole.
View Quote
I was told most of them had no actual ammo and it was all for show.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Define lethal force.  Can they use a choker hold or a knee on a neck?  How about a batton?  Last I heard, tear gas and rubber bullets were s till banned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

...I'm not too worried.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FBI "Democracy Protectors" activated.

360 messaging.  Killing is needed.

They closed a post office drop box in Huntington Beach, CA citing it as an area of white extremism....surfers, I presume....blonde, blue-eyed surfers.
View Quote
I grew up in Huntington. To be fair there is a huge skinhead presence there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can confirm they did
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

At the ranges they would be used at, they dont have to be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Each state would vary depending on their state laws and what their JAG's determined. The majority of NG troops have been carrying weapons and ammo when deployed by their state to perform civil disturbance operations. The majority of NG troops sent to DC went with weapons and ammo. I'm sure whether or not they are actually carrying those weapons and ammo would be determined by the actual mission they are assigned. I personally know of more than a few that are carrying rifles and pistols with ammo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Buried my father (Korea & Vietnam vet, USA MSG ret.) Thursday, and the NG out of Charleston SC were doing the honor guard. 2 soldiers showed up and did the ceremony: taps, flag folding, etc - no rifle salute. I was told "since the Capitol riot a lot of guys are up there, and the rifle salutes have been nixed by the brass because of the trouble". My reply was a simple long pause and a single word: "whatever".

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Once they check that box what happens after is going to make Kent State and the fallout look like a cake walk.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
What if the 20k troops and defensive structures are not there for inauguration.  BUT there for what they plan to do to the American people after inauguration.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They were given the same ability to protect states and their citizens for the last couple of years. As far as delegating the capital building an asset vital to national security or national critical infrastructure, I don't know. I'm not there. These things aren't new. This has all been codified in federal law for quite some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as that sounds great and all, this guy is having a tough time believing that the NG has/is being used to protect citizens other then the elites...and their chosen idiots. Us common folk are of no concern to them...

...in before you tell me I'm wrong
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Once they check that box what happens after is going to make Kent State and the fallout look like a cake walk.
View Quote
I get it. There's much hatred for the NG. Even though it is made up of the people that you live and work with everyday in your communities.

But the NG of 1970 and the NG of 2021 are light years different from each other.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Make the rules of engagement retroactive to January 6 so the Capitol Police Lieutenant can be exonerated for murder.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As much as that sounds great and all, this guy is having a tough time believing that the NG has/is being used to protect citizens other then the elites...and their chosen idiots. Us common folk are of no concern to them...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What elites have they protected for the last 2 years as Antifa and BLM have been violently protesting? I watched an Army NG medic treat a civilian with a sucking chest wound. He was a local gang banger, but I don't think he was an elite...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Buried my father (Korea & Vietnam vet, USA MSG ret.) Thursday, and the NG out of Charleston SC were doing the honor guard. 2 soldiers showed up and did the ceremony: taps, flag folding, etc - no rifle salute. I was told "since the Capitol riot a lot of guys are up there, and the rifle salutes have been nixed by the brass because of the trouble". My reply was a simple long pause and a single word: "whatever".

View Quote

RIP Sir...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought we had the power to go in and throw out to the street the one's who are treasonous.
So it sound like it war and game on.

No tar and feathers, throw them out and stomp what little brains they have out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I get it. There's much hatred for the NG. Even though it is made up of the people that you live and work with everyday in your communities.

But the NG of 1970 and the NG of 2021 are light years different from each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That fact is not much of a positive one. So are the various law enforcement groups...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
.............. and were cleared in using deadly force then to protect themselves and others from an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.
View Quote
I guess the paperwork for Kyle's clearance was "delayed."
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the actual ROE?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
We all knew it would come to this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've watched every echelon of leadership brief every echelon of tactical formation of NG troops performing civil disturbance ops that every American has the right to freedom of speech and peaceful assembly. That Americans have the right to possess and carry weapons. That the NG mission is to protect and safeguard. You all keep forgetting that the NG is made up of people that live and work in your communities every day. They're school teachers, mechanics, grocers, cops, firemen, businessmen. They are you. They just pack up and go when called.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.............. and were cleared in using deadly force then to protect themselves and others from an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.
Nope. My personal opinion is that he was perfectly legal. Not going to argue anything different.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What elites have they protected for the last 2 years as Antifa and BLM have been violently protesting? I watched an Army NG medic treat a civilian with a sucking chest wound. He was a local gang banger, but I don't think he was an elite...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What dog do you have in this fight?  Must be a butt hurt NG member.  

No one is slighting you so it’s weird you are so defensive.   But your argument that blm and this are being treated the same is retarded.   Kenosha was burned down and a kid had to defend himself against scum bags because no one wanted to go against blm even though they have a track record of destruction.  No one was calling in the national guard because of optics.  Once Kenosha burned and a patriot cleaned house they activated the guard and games stopped.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Why is Pelosi sending men with guns and not social workers???!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What are the actual ROE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the actual ROE?
They don't have ROE, per se. They adhere to the rules for the use of force.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, the NG of 2021 are much more capable.  

Question is: Are they more reasonable?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any links escape me, but there were multiple instances of elected politicians and/or political elites whose residences were reinforced with an authoritative presence when citizenry gathered to express displeasure & unapproval. Granted, those were all probably local political enforcement folks, not NG...

...at this point, what difference does it make
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody is clearing NG troops to shoot people protesting. That's hyperbole. They have been rightfully granted to ability to use deadly force to prevent an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. Federal law has this codified and it's been that way for a long time. The standards have been tested all the way up to SCOTUS. If someone fucks up and operates outside the standard, they'll be judged for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've watched every echelon of leadership brief every echelon of tactical formation of NG troops performing civil disturbance ops that every American has the right to freedom of speech and peaceful assembly. That Americans have the right to possess and carry weapons. That the NG mission is to protect and safeguard. You all keep forgetting that the NG is made up of people that live and work in your communities every day. They're school teachers, mechanics, grocers, cops, firemen, businessmen. They are you. They just pack up and go when called.
View Quote
The think we may be about to find out is whether or not they will shoot their fellow school teachers, mechanics, grocers and so on.

I thought that was what we were discussing here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Its nice to see congress finally accept that you need standard capacity mags and semi auto rifles to protect yourself.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No one is slighting you so it's weird you are so defensive.   But your argument that blm and this are being treated the same is retarded.   Kenosha was burned down and a kid had to defend himself against scum bags because no one wanted to go against blm even though they have a track record of destruction.  No one was calling in the national guard because of optics.  Once Kenosha burned and a patriot cleaned house they activated the guard and games stopped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is slighting you so it's weird you are so defensive.   But your argument that blm and this are being treated the same is retarded.   Kenosha was burned down and a kid had to defend himself against scum bags because no one wanted to go against blm even though they have a track record of destruction.  No one was calling in the national guard because of optics.  Once Kenosha burned and a patriot cleaned house they activated the guard and games stopped.

The governor called the NG into Kenosha before Rittenhouse's encounter.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top