BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting cop should be charged just as if roles were reversed and the citizen accidentally shot the cop.
View Quote
THIS!
10 Billion times, THIS!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why practice?  Shoot an innocent unarmed person.  Get a vacation, get paid, and nothing happens to you.  Business as usual.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fortunately for the victim, the cop sucks as bad at shooting as he does policing.
Maybe he'll practice more during his paid time off.
Why practice?  Shoot an innocent unarmed person.  Get a vacation, get paid, and nothing happens to you.  Business as usual.
Ain't never going to make it to the HRT merely wounding innocents and hostages.  Dude has to up his game.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Police shooting innocent citizens incidents are really getting ridiculous.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread needs more dog jokes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Possibly a case of "when you're trained like a hammer, everything looks like a nail" to the point where screws and pegs get hamhmered simply by instinct.
View Quote
More true than you know.... and the fastest way for a cop to end up on the shit list/ unemployed is to question training or policy issues. BTDT, still employed but on the shit list for the rest of eternity. Still employed because I actually DID follow CoC, and they realized I was right.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
More true than you know.... and the fastest way for a cop to end up on the shit list/ unemployed is to question training or policy issues. BTDT, still employed but on the shit list for the rest of eternity. Still employed because I actually DID follow CoC, and they realized I was right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Possibly a case of "when you're trained like a hammer, everything looks like a nail" to the point where screws and pegs get hamhmered simply by instinct.
Policies aren't created for doing the right thing.

Just jamming someone up / diverting blame.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gonna get paid.
View Quote
This.

Stupid triggerman needs more training.

I'd see if they have an lighter/aftermarket trigger in the rifle and then destroy them in court.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Simple mistake; all whites look the same
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lucky he is still alive
View Quote
Lucky most cops can't shoot for shit.  But, they always get the doughnut in their mouth.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who robs a Dollar store anyway?
View Quote
Someone who needs dollars for a strip club.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Click Bait!

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
This goes along with the comments I've seen where range administrators, or police leadership,  give the expectation that they don't want the officers to train too much for fear they will potentially be labeled by defense attorneys as "gun obsessed killer culture" in a shooting trial.  I've hear this personally from one man who ran one, and from another man who trains police dept's.  When I've mentioend it on ARF, it has been affirmed by others as their experience as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#14]
No good deed goes unpunished.  Also, any time you interface with the cops and a gun is involved, someone has an excellent shot at being shot.  Cops can be jumpy around shootings, go figure.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Did he say "hands up, don't shoot"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#18]
50 cent...

ETA: this post lost all hilarity, I meant to quote the "who would rob a dollar store" remark.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
#ServeAndProtect
#ThinBlueLine
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"No officers were injured. "
View Quote
Except for a little numbness from all the high fives he probably got.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone know what type of rifle and caliber was used?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gonna get paid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

it's actually a common thing

they have cash unlike most other places anymore as a large amount of their clientele are the "under served by banks" type
View Quote
Did not know that.  Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You don't watch Live PD, do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't watch Live PD, do you?
Nope.  Was told above it's pretty common.  Didn't know that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The cop who did the shooting is probably being recruited by the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team as we speak!
View Quote
why, was the guy that got shot holding a baby?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The lesson here is to never do the cops' job. Ever. You will regret it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It goes beyond that.

There are departments out there deliberately hiring "non-threatening" looking officers and avoiding teaching more effective combatives because they don't want to "send the wrong message"

Police administrators, a significant number of them anyway, do not want to have actual fighters in their ranks. Because it is expensive and time consuming to make them, and because eventually those trained fighters are going to hurt somebody!

The fact that hiring weak, timid, and utterly ineffectual dumbfucks and handing them the awesome responsibility of being a police officer turns into more shootings and injuries is fucking invisible to them. They wouldn't have been promoted to that position if they weren't company men and dogshit leaders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This goes along with the comments I've seen where range administrators, or police leadership,  give the expectation that they don't want the officers to train too much for fear they will potentially be labeled by defense attorneys as "gun obsessed killer culture" in a shooting trial.
It goes beyond that.

There are departments out there deliberately hiring "non-threatening" looking officers and avoiding teaching more effective combatives because they don't want to "send the wrong message"

Police administrators, a significant number of them anyway, do not want to have actual fighters in their ranks. Because it is expensive and time consuming to make them, and because eventually those trained fighters are going to hurt somebody!

The fact that hiring weak, timid, and utterly ineffectual dumbfucks and handing them the awesome responsibility of being a police officer turns into more shootings and injuries is fucking invisible to them. They wouldn't have been promoted to that position if they weren't company men and dogshit leaders.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cops only shoot black people and all cops are racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Colin Noir's bullshit gets proven wrong yet again.
can you expand?

genuinely curious
Cops only shoot black people and all cops are racist.
Ok, I'm confused... I have practically watched his entire channel.. I must have missed that video. Link please?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Well he won’t make that mistake again
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#35]
$$$$$$$$$$ ca ching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.   Anybody want to be his $$$$$$$$ ca ching$$$$$$$$ lawyer?

Actually thinking that a severe lack of information was given to the police.  The LE may not be the bad guys, but the people responsible for "misinformation" or the lack thereof given to the LE.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Simple mistake; all whites look the same
View Quote
THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYIN'!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dollar General stores are often robbed in my neck of the woods. They have a lot of customers dealing in cash, they don't make enough money that they would ever hire security or off-duty police and many of the newer stores are completely self-contained and easy to get in and out of.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Dumbass didn't pull his white privilege card out fast enough.  Should have identified himself a member of the protected class.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Gonna get paid.
View Quote
As long as he lives with no lasting effects he can retire soon with a cool story, cash in his pocket and a bj a day card because he got shot defending the wife.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This goes along with the comments I've seen where range administrators, or police leadership,  give the expectation that they don't want the officers to train too much for fear they will potentially be labeled by defense attorneys as "gun obsessed killer culture" in a shooting trial.  I've hear this personally from one man who ran one, and from another man who trains police dept's.  When I've mentioend it on ARF, it has been affirmed by others as their experience as well.
View Quote
Some administrations are afraid of appearing to create "gunslingers".  I've seen a few in my time.

ETA:  You can thank these type of administrators for the old practice of handgun and shotgun are good enough for patrol officers, if the situation requires more than that everyone can wait for SWAT.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
From the article in the OP

I can see where the officer(s) on scene might have thought that Becker was was complicit in the armed robbery. Both were armed when they got there. I wonder what info was relayed to the police once they were on scene and giving him commands. Once the actual armed robber started shooting at the police, as reported in the article, it seems everything turned to crap.

I hope Becker heals but I think it was a poor idea for him to run over and confront an armed robber at a place he wasn't originally in. I understand why he did it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From the article in the OP

Both Becker and the robber were wearing two different color jackets and while Becker is heavier, the gunman was much more slender. Becker complied with the orders to drop his weapon as the other man proceeded to fire at police.

John Syme, a spokesman with the Independence Police Department, would not say much on Saturday except that police responded to a call of an armed robber and that when they got there both men were armed.
I can see where the officer(s) on scene might have thought that Becker was was complicit in the armed robbery. Both were armed when they got there. I wonder what info was relayed to the police once they were on scene and giving him commands. Once the actual armed robber started shooting at the police, as reported in the article, it seems everything turned to crap.

I hope Becker heals but I think it was a poor idea for him to run over and confront an armed robber at a place he wasn't originally in. I understand why he did it though.
LOL.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LOL.
View Quote
It's actually a valid point.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone who wants lots of dollar bills?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.
Shooting the guy without a gun because someone else has a gun?  Did they even shoot the perp?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#46]
If you prosecute cops for shooting the wrong person, then people will stop wanting to be cops.

They ought to get at least two or three get-out-of-the-shit-they-got-themselves-into cards.

Cops are only human.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.
wrong post
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Some administrations are afraid of appearing to create "gunslingers".  I've seen a few in my time.

ETA:  You can thank these type of administrators for the old practice of handgun and shotgun are good enough for patrol officers, if the situation requires more than that everyone can wait for SWAT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,ol Feaster put Josey Wales to shame.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LIcI1UzoCIE[/youtube]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If there's footage of him getting shot while empty-handed and has a good lawyer... maybe he does win the lotto eventually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I'm sure he's happy to be not dead, I don't think I'd be grinning like I won the lotto.
If there's footage of him getting shot while empty-handed and has a good lawyer... maybe he does win the lotto eventually.
The permanent disability of a bum hip along with PSPT he’s going to get paid. Probably start drawing disability too.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top