Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:15:50 PM EDT

originally posted by FrankSquid

I've noticed that Kirk has been talking shit in the Car & Bike forum for a while. I also see that he has been warned several times for this. We have a tool that can lock users out of any SINGLE forum. I've never had a reason to use it until now.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In for answer
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
he's the biggest reason I click here
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I like reading his posts.   Tells it like it is.

What did I miss today??
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
He seems to know his stuff about bikes, but his opinions on cars sometimes drive me batty.

He basically insults the mechanics here that give out DIY advice pro bono by telling people that ask tech advice to go to the dealer.

He's also pooped in a few car threads about people asking opinions(the Crown Vic P71 thread for example.)

In the end, not my call.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
KirkP is my hero.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Free KirkP!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
This forum is going to be pretty damn boring without him to rile everyone up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you guys scare him off?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not about the ban hammer but he needs to shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'll go along with that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Seems like the wrong place for someone to not give their opinion...It would seem that he's just rather stubborn about his own, and it's not like you're being forced to do what he says.

I like the threads he makes about bikes and he's been dead on about the SV650. Or maybe I'm just a little biased, mine came with a lifetime supply of kool-aid.

Granted I don't agree with much of what he's said about DIY mechanics...mostly because I am one. But that's just his opinion, it's not gonna stop me from wrenching on my own stuff.

Even if he does come across as very stubborn and redundant at times, at least he's polite about it all...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#12]
He has given sound advice on some threads, and is a bitch in others.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]
A know-it-all troll banned?

This is me losing sleep
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
at least he's polite about it all...

Sometimes.

He does know an awful lot about bikes, certain bikes, and in that regard I value his opinion.

His entire problem is when he can't keep his opinion to himself, even when expressing it is in bad taste, unwanted or not germain to the topic.

I hate to see a thread where someone's showing off their new bike that they're obviously proud of and enjoy, and he tells them their bike is dangerous or useless.

That's where he loses my respect. I wouldn't ban him I prefer to let fools show their hand, but that schtick gets old.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What KirkP are you reading posts from?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Swingset, that's how I see it about his car opinions too.

Poster: What's the best way to get a car, new or used?

KirkP: Are you nuts? Keep your current car and dump $12K into it.

(yes this was a recent thread)

Link
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link

Thanks, that killed just enough of my brain cells to make me forget how to do synthetic division
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

Thanks, that killed just enough of my brain cells to make me forget how to do synthetic division
What is synthetic division?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes.

He does know an awful lot about bikes, certain bikes, and in that regard I value his opinion.

His entire problem is when he can't keep his opinion to himself, even when expressing it is in bad taste, unwanted or not germain to the topic.

I hate to see a thread where someone's showing off their new bike that they're obviously proud of and enjoy, and he tells them their bike is dangerous or useless.

That's where he loses my respect. I wouldn't ban him I prefer to let fools show their hand, but that schtick gets old.

True, that's about the only real complaint I would have about him...But I don't think there's much to be done about that...I certainly don't see it as a bannable offense and what else is there to do really? It's annoying to see him shit in a thread, but what's the point of complaining if there isn't a real solution short of excessive ban-hammering?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What KirkP are you reading posts from?

Well I haven't read him cussing anyone out or going overboard like that...that's about all I meant. Maybe his tone isn't exactly "polite," but it seems to me he does a good job of choosing his words...

Condescending and an annoyance, maybe, but I hardly find it rude.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#21]
... No, don't ban KirkP

Sure, he's got social and mental problems, but many of us like to laugh at someone - and in Cars & Bikes it is him!

Seriously, he doesn't mean ill-will, he's just kinda full of himself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Seriously, he doesn't mean ill-will, he's just kinda full of himself.

There, I knew someone would be able to engineer some proper wording for what I wanted to get across.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Well I haven't read him cussing anyone out or going overboard like that...that's about all I meant. Maybe his tone isn't exactly "polite," but it seems to me he does a good job of choosing his words...

Haven't seen this latest Adventure of KirkP have you?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

Devil math

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

Devil math

Holy hell that is Devil math.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
page 2.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]
meh.........who cares.

KirkP knows a bit about bikes, I will give him that.

But he is an opinionated prick, like most folks here, so just read around his BS.

He is actually good reason for having ignore feature.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll say what I have said before, if this forum were like one of the tech forums (and since it's not general discussion it might as well be a tech forum) kirkp would have been banned a long time ago for trolling.

You don't go to the AR15 discussions forum and have to put up with one person shitting in 99.9% of the threads telling everyone how good Clot AR15's are.

Why should we have to put up with that same behavior here.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Wolfram, someone watched a little too much Angel I think....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'll say what I have said before, if this forum were like one of the tech forums (and since it's not general discussion it might as well be a tech forum) kirkp would have been banned a long time ago for trolling.

You don't go to the AR15 discussions forum and have to put up with one person shitting in 99.9% of the threads telling everyone how good Clot AR15's are.

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Ironic for him to be banned by a squid...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haven't seen this latest Adventure of KirkP have you?

Sure hadn't.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ironic for him to be banned by a squid...
I lol'd.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Besides, Kirk is LEO, that makes him exempt from bans and warnings on ARFCOM, right?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#37]

I do not think he is rude , he just states the same things over and over again and it may annoy people and has disdain for anything out of his own lane and I think that pisses people off

Do I agree 100% with him of course not but he is right more often than not
but is pathetic to ban someone that adds to and starts conversation

we are not DU here people we can disagree , even disagree forcefully and in a smartass manner

I love 600CC supersports myself  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck him

and fuck him again for good measure

The dude shit on TWO of my threads, if these arent prime examples, I dont know what is.

Did he really get banned? Thats great news.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Fuck him

The dude shit on TWO of my threads, if these arent prime examples, I dont know what is.

There was some guy from FL that always had death metal avatars. We never saw eye to eye and clashed in a few threads in Car's and Bikes and I thought he was an asshole. I still thought it was BS when he got banned.

ETA: Hemicuda. He, and a bunch of others, are a reason I haven't renewed my membership, and won't.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I vote for the cars and bikes ban of a certain GTO basher that wont stfu.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I like reading his posts.   Tells it like it is.

What did I miss today??

+1
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:21:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Last Login Date:
7/22/2008 4:52:27 AM CDT

Last Post Date:
7/22/2008 4:57:32 AM CDT

He's Back!!  The nimbleness and usable torque of the SV650 have allowed him to avoid the dreaded Ban Hammer, or was it the dreaded SoccerMom, I get so confused!

Anyway, Cars & Bikes will remain an interesting read.

edited because my quote fu is weak
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
he's the biggest reason I click AVOID here

Fixed it
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2 .

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:33:34 AM EDT
[#45]
First the guy is a paid member, therefore should be able to state his case. (JMHO)
He has never been cussed anyone out, never tried to INTENTIONALLY piss someone off, and  he seems to mean well.
KirkP just has a few social skills problems, like the timing of his opinions.
Which is kinda strange for an LEO.....

Don't ban him, just let us down here take care of it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Naw, that would lead to more bannings.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:54:40 AM EDT
[#47]
KirkP should not be banned for being an asshole, we are all guilty of that (albeit not as much as he is).  

1*
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him

There was some guy from FL that always had death metal avatars. We never saw eye to eye and clashed in a few threads in Car's and Bikes and I thought he was an asshole. I still thought it was BS when he got banned.

ETA: Hemicuda. He, and a bunch of others, are a reason I haven't renewed my membership, and won't.

Yeah, that'll show 'm.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him

The opposite could be true as well, If ppl are put off and not interested in forums or the site because they get tired of the same old bullshit and have ppl shitting in their threads/posts all the time, this site could lose memberships.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I did NOT restricted KirkP from this forum. He has been warned by other staff and mods and has been restricted from this forum before. If he continues to disrupt the forum then I will lock him out..

From the "Just Stepped into a new 1000" thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top