BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 116
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you efile the F1? Those are going through pretty quickly!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone get an approved/denied status yet?

pm sent.

Worst that will happen is they'll hold the money for a year and then send me a denied letter, right?

Did you efile the F1? Those are going through pretty quickly!

I've never filed a F1 (only F4s), hence, the pm to an actual lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
ATF called, they want their stamp back.        

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait, they approved you and then recalled it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen it yet, but supposedly both a denial and an approval are in the mail.  ATF called and wants the approval returned immediately.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't seen it yet, but supposedly both a denial and an approval are in the mail.  ATF called and wants the approval returned immediately.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thanks for updating. I'd make a copy of the approval and frame it as a conversation piece.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, now someone has standing to sue, anyhow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the sort of thing I'd call Allen Gura over. I'd love their explanation of why they are denying it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post the approval when it arrives!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's the sort of thing I'd call Allen Gura over. I'd love their explanation of why they are denying it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They even (supposedly) approved it first; so now it's the ATF revoking the previously approved stamped vs a flat denial.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You paid the tax, they acknolwedged that you paid it.   Then they immediately sent you a letter saying they changed their mind about you having paid the tax?

I'm reeeeally curious to see what the second letter says.

I'd say get in touch with a lawyer well-versed on NFA stuff immediately before you do anything.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They even (supposedly) approved it first; so now it's the ATF revoking the previously approved stamped vs a flat denial.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF agent stated they denied first, then accidentally ran it a second time and approved it.  I recorded the call.  I haven't had time to check my audio (and won't until after work) but hopefully it came out well.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ATF agent stated they denied first, then accidentally ran it a second time and approved it.  I recorded the call.  I haven't had time to check my audio (and won't until after work) but hopefully it came out well.

View Quote

lol, right.

I am so sending in a form 1 next week.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Odd & interesting...

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Tagscribe - in for the ATF shenanigans...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be on the phone with the SAF or somebody else that is ornery, has money to burn, and has angry lawyers on standby wanting to kick ATF ass.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone have SAF's contact information?  I'm not sure how keen they would be on a machinegun case given some of their Supreme Court arguments, but it's worth a shot.  

Unfortunately I don't have enough money to hire a lawyer myself.  I'm not even sure if their is much a lawyer can do.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Dis gon be gud.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#19]
In
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]
interesting
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Wait you out outwitted the atf in their wording and tangle of bureaucratic rats nest of double speak?

I think you missed your calling if you pulled that off even for a moment.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Did you send your form 1 in with any sort of argument or case to be made regarding the ATF opinion letter linked to in the original post of this thread?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Did you send your form 1 in with any sort of argument or case to be made regarding the ATF opinion letter linked to in the original post of this thread?
View Quote
Yes, I sent a short cover letter and attached a copy of the ATF letter stating trusts were not persons.

The cover letter pointed out that per their own ATF letter trusts were not "persons" and therefore did not fall under 922o and as such please approve the Form 1 in accordance with the law.

I'll have to go back and find a copy of my original letter.  The ATF agent on the phone had no idea I had submitted a cover letter.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes, I sent a short cover letter and attached a copy of the ATF letter stating trusts were not persons.

The cover letter pointed out that per their own ATF letter trusts were not "persons" and therefore did not fall under 922o and as such please approve the Form 1 in accordance with the law.

I'll have to go back and find a copy of my original letter.  The ATF agent on the phone had no idea I had submitted a cover letter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

was the ATF person you spoke to on the phone the examiner who approved it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not recognize his name.  They have new examiners and I'm not familiar with all of them.  He didn't state that he was.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]
tagged........
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm curious to see if they respond to the cover letter portion and if so, how.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Those price points lead to people starting small businesses with SOT licenses. You can start a whole small business with that kind of capital.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

There are a few transferable M240s already. Although they run about $150,000 - $200,000
Those price points lead to people starting small businesses with SOT licenses. You can start a whole small business with that kind of capital.

I have often thought that would cap the prices on transferables.  Once you hit a certain price, it is cheaper to become a dealer/manufacturer.  Play with stuff for a decade or two and move on.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not one to say this very often, if ever.

Lawyer up!

Day 1

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#30]
jaqufrost, keep us updated buddy.  This could have legs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lawyer up!

Day 1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lawyer up!

Day 1

This + 87 million
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#33]
You have a stamp en route for a Form 1 (for Trust) to build an MG?

Holy shit.

Even if they revoke it or try to rescind it, this is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm in for $100 if you lawyer up and go for it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You have a stamp en route for a Form 1 (for Trust) to build an MG?

Holy shit.

Even if they revoke it or try to rescind it, this is amazing.
View Quote

I'm curious to hear from a lawyer on where the ATF derives authority to "rescind" a tax stamp.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]
This. Is. Awesome.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#37]
this certainly got interesting..
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
this certainly got interesting..
View Quote

This could be the most exciting and interesting thing to hit NFA since the first discussions regarding NFA trusts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#39]
This will get good
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Did you eform or paper form it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#41]
In!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#42]
HOLY SHIT. I never thought I'd see the day...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

IBDOJIIMFW

("In Before DOJ Is Indicting Me For Wiretapping")  
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Sofa King IN.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#45]
OP - A title update is probably in order.... things just got interesting in a way that those who haven't been tracking this may not immediately appreciate based on the title.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Call the NAACP,and tell them your a victim of a hate crime

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
Paper form 1.

I was hoping something would show up soon after two threads on Form 1's coming in from April.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/430548_I_just_got_a_paper_form_1_back_in_less_than_4_months__April_pending_date_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/431281_Got_a_Surprise_in_the_Mail_Yesterday.html

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Call the NAACP,and tell them your a victim of a hate crime

View Quote

Black rifles are a minority in the gun world.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

IBDOJIIMFW

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IBDOJIIMFW

I'm in a single party state, I record all calls because you never know when an interesting one will happen.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paper form 1.

I was hoping something would show up soon after two threads on Form 1's coming in from April.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/430548_I_just_got_a_paper_form_1_back_in_less_than_4_months__April_pending_date_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/431281_Got_a_Surprise_in_the_Mail_Yesterday.html

Given the significance of this, if they actually sent you a stamp to build an MG I wouldn't be surprised if BATFE is sending agents to your local post office and/or to pull it out of your mailbox.
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top