Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]

OMG!

You may have just created joinder!

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm in for $100 if you lawyer up and go for it.

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm in a single party state, I record all calls because you never know when an interesting one will happen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF agent stated they denied first, then accidentally ran it a second time and approved it.  I recorded the call.  I haven't had time to check my audio (and won't until after work) but hopefully it came out well.

IBDOJIIMFW

("In Before DOJ Is Indicting Me For Wiretapping")  
I'm in a single party state, I record all calls because you never know when an interesting one will happen.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
This did not go the way I thought it would...awesome...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh so back in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Me too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Me three.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
I was expecting a denial.  This has made it a little more interesting.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Given the significance of this, if they actually sent you a stamp to build an MG I wouldn't be surprised if BATFE is sending agents to your local post office and/or to pull it out of your mailbox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you eform or paper form it?
Paper form 1.

I was hoping something would show up soon after two threads on Form 1's coming in from April.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/430548_I_just_got_a_paper_form_1_back_in_less_than_4_months__April_pending_date_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/431281_Got_a_Surprise_in_the_Mail_Yesterday.html

Given the significance of this, if they actually sent you a stamp to build an MG I wouldn't be surprised if BATFE is sending agents to your local post office and/or to pull it out of your mailbox.

I wouldn't put it past them to try some kind of shenanigans to get them back.   Which is why he needs to safeguard the originals if he ever gets them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Did nolo check in yet?
View Quote
I sent a PM, he hasn't responded yet.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I see the cat is out of the bag on this one...Not surpised ATF did that. I was shocked when I heard a buddy had an approval. Curious to see how this ends.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Your major mistake was that you answered and talked to them on the phone.

You basically blew most of your legal rights as you are now on record as being officially advised of a mistake made by them.

All before you actually had the stamp in your actual hands.

I can see a major difference between stamp in hand and then being advised AND no stamp in hand and being advised of the error.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I wouldn't put it past them to try some kind of shenanigans to get them back.   Which is why he needs to safeguard the originals if he ever gets them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paper form 1.

I was hoping something would show up soon after two threads on Form 1's coming in from April.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/430548_I_just_got_a_paper_form_1_back_in_less_than_4_months__April_pending_date_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/431281_Got_a_Surprise_in_the_Mail_Yesterday.html

The impression I got from the agent was they would still consider it a violation to manufacture a MG even though I have a stamp.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#14]
"The impression I got from the agent was they would still consider it a violation to manufacture a MG even though I have a stamp."

You need to contact a firearms lawyer ASAP, after we can set up an account to take donations.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagscribe for the ATF back peddlin'.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP - A title update is probably in order.... things just got interesting in a way that those who haven't been tracking this may not immediately appreciate based on the title.
View Quote

On it

I hope this gets epic
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Me three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Me three.
Count me in. I want a MG in the worst way - but it is impossible for me to have one with the price of them

I want an MP5SD in the worst fucking way. THE WORST. FUCKING. WAY.

If this opens up the loophole for me to get one - I'll consider it a cost of doing business.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Won't work that way.  Any person listed on the trust is part of the trust.  The legal nightmare the ATF has jumped into with this is mind blowing.  The more I think about it and the more I realize that ATF hasn't looked at some very important court cases and Federal law.... well folks, they done fucked up in a major way.  Will the ban be nullified?  I'd say there is a 20-30% chance.  I'm not going to go into detail until I have a chance to talk to a few people but I think this also is going to do severe damage on a few other fronts in the firearms field that is going to make ATF cringe bad.  The libtards are going to be screaming bloody murder over this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure, they'll approve the transfer to the trust, then charge the trustee with possessing an unregistered machinegun when he picks it up.  Because a person has to pick up the machinegun, not the piece of paper that is the trust.

Won't work that way.  Any person listed on the trust is part of the trust.  The legal nightmare the ATF has jumped into with this is mind blowing.  The more I think about it and the more I realize that ATF hasn't looked at some very important court cases and Federal law.... well folks, they done fucked up in a major way.  Will the ban be nullified?  I'd say there is a 20-30% chance.  I'm not going to go into detail until I have a chance to talk to a few people but I think this also is going to do severe damage on a few other fronts in the firearms field that is going to make ATF cringe bad.  The libtards are going to be screaming bloody murder over this.

You've been alluding to stuff like this for years.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
So glad I found this thread today and not back in May.  I got to skip the wait!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On it

I hope this gets epic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP - A title update is probably in order.... things just got interesting in a way that those who haven't been tracking this may not immediately appreciate based on the title.

On it

I hope this gets epic

It's the first time we've seen a crack in the armor of Hughes. That is epic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow.  I wish I could tag this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The impression I got from the agent was they would still consider it a violation to manufacture a MG even though I have a stamp.

View Quote

Curiouser and curiouser.  He didn't use definite language on that point?

Now I REALLY want to see what they say in response to your cover letter.

Or if they just ignored it and sent a flat denial with no responsive reason for the denial, a followup letter pointedly asking for an opinion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On it

I hope this gets epic

Good God almighty... if this gets the '86 ban thrown out (unlikely, I know) oh... there just aren't words to fully encapsulate the unbridled joy that will bring.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Good God almighty... if this gets the '86 ban thrown out (unlikely, I know) oh... there just aren't words to fully encapsulate the unbridled joy that will bring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The sound of a M2 going cyclic would encapsulate my feelings pretty well.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Anyone have SAF's contact information? I'm not sure how keen they would be on a machinegun case given some of their Supreme Court arguments, but it's worth a shot.

Unfortunately I don't have enough money to hire a lawyer myself. I'm not even sure if their is much a lawyer can do.

View Quote

As a fellow Marine artilleryman, and a gun lover extraordinaire, I am in for $2000 dollars towards your legal fees if Alan Gura or someone else takes your case to bat against the ATF and it results in us being able to get new Form 1s for MGs approved.

Counting those above me, this could put you at $2400 so far.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paper form 1.

I laughed imagining him and some ATF guy elbowing and shoving each other all the way to the mailbox.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On it

I hope this gets epic

If it does get thrown out, I'll buy the OP as many beers has he wants.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF agent stated they denied first, then accidentally ran it a second time and approved it.  I recorded the call.  I haven't had time to check my audio (and won't until after work) but hopefully it came out well.

IBDOJIIMFW

("In Before DOJ Is Indicting Me For Wiretapping")  

Damn right.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#30]
IN again!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#31]
FBATFE, build MG. Then if they try to recover the stamp, you have an MG to defend it with!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
So... should I go ahead and form a trust in anticipation of a small window of open registry?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Very interesting...

ETA: I'm in for a donation when all the ducks are in a row.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Tag.

Now you have me interested!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On it

I hope this gets epic

A keg Guinness, overnighted from Ireland, please
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understatement, given the federal agency you're dealing with here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On it

I hope this gets epic

I haven't felt this excited in years. We may not have freedom yet, but you can see it from here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I laughed imagining him and some ATF guy elbowing and shoving each other all the way to the mailbox.
View Quote

I hope your mailbox is on YOUR property and not in the easement.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Well this thread just more interesting. Hope the sender of the form 1 has his ducks in a row with a lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
There are several people out there with approved eF1s for an MG via a trust.  They all got calls today revoking the approved status and emails changing their "approved" form status to "disapproved."

I was told the number of eF1 Trust MG applications was "several hundred."
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Tagscribed
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
A tag only costs $24

or you could bookmark in your browser for free

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There are several people out there with approved eF1s for an MG via a trust.  They all got calls today revoking the approved status.
View Quote

Is there a section in US code allowing for the revocation of a tax stamp?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have 2 options, drop a few bucks and buy a membership, or send jaq $100 for his legal fund and I'll buy your membership
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#48]
TAG
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wonder if I could get a quick loan for a minigun.
View Quote

If this works, you won't need one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are several people out there with approved eF1s for an MG via a trust.  They all got calls today revoking the approved status.

I do not know.

Also note I edited my post.
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top