Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 116
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If the NFA opens up, there's going to be alot of folks who paid mega bucks for sears and such that are going to be PISSED!!!!

But once the shock they spent $15,000 on a paperweight wears off, I'm sure they will buy, buy, buy and be happy again!!!  

I always thought a good argument to get rid of the Hughes Act was that it makes MGs too expensive.  Open up the NFA for the poor!!  Politicians and Justices seem to look down on laws that result in reduced access of rights by the poor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it happens.  They shouldn't have any problem with it.  Doubtful however.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only way that one could get away with being to make this work is to establish you, yourself, in a way that ALL of your actions are performed on behalf of a trust.  Or...you, yourself, could prove that your person are in fact a living trust.

View Quote

I'm not sure if that's even possible... I think the closest you could get is claiming you are an "agent" acting on behalf of the trust.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:So in effect, they can't legally transfer silencers to trusts until that gets sorted out.
View Quote

Sorted out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the NFA opens up, there's going to be alot of folks who paid mega bucks for sears and such that are going to be PISSED!!!!

But once the shock they spent $15,000 on a paperweight wears off, I'm sure they will buy, buy, buy and be happy again!!!  

I always thought a good argument to get rid of the Hughes Act was that it makes MGs too expensive.  Open up the NFA for the poor!!  Politicians and Justices seem to look down on laws that result in reduced access of rights by the poor.
View Quote

Wrong.

Most MG owners would gladly take the hit for the change to own more MGs at affordable prices, and transferables made post-86.  I've had numerous conversations regarding that, and the consensus has been unanimous.

I, for one, would gladly take the hit to be able to get several that are on my list, and I know I will never get.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't care if mine went down in value.
I spent money, I've had fun.
I would like to have more without spending as much again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wrong.

Most MG owners would gladly take the hit for the change to own more MGs at affordable prices, and transferables made post-86.  I've had numerous conversations regarding that, and the consensus has been unanimous.

I, for one, would gladly take the hit to be able to get several that are on my list, and I know I will never get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

This.

I don't own any, but what do you think a machine gun owner would rather have;  a 35 year old Olympic M16 with 3 million rounds through it, or a brand new HK IAR?
Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?
The list just starts there,  I'm sure.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

No we wont. If I could file as many form 1's as I want for MG's I'd have to call in to work and let them know I wouldnt be able to make it in for the next week. Too busy furiously masturbating to the thought of all the MG's I'd be about to make.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No we wont. If I could file as many form 1's as I want for MG's I'd have to call in to work and let them know I wouldnt be able to make it in for the next week. Too busy furiously masturbating to the thought of all the MG's I'd be about to make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

As many others have said, this is bullshit. People pay big bucks because they fucking love machineguns, and they would gladly take a hit on their investment for more toys!
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.

I don't own any, but what do you think a machine gun owner would rather have;  a 35 year old Olympic M16 with 3 million rounds through it, or a brand new HK IAR?
Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

This.

Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?

Off the top of my head:

Glock 18
Several AR-15s
Several AKs
FAL
M-14
MP-5 (or several trigger packs)
BAR
M-1 Carbine
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Off the top of my head:

Glock 18
Several AR-15s
Several AKs
FAL
M-14
BAR
M-1 Carbine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

This.

Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?

Off the top of my head:

Glock 18
Several AR-15s
Several AKs
FAL
M-14
BAR
M-1 Carbine

Hell, I'd even be Form 1ing my 1911s and my 10/22
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

LOL, they're not gonna let that happen.
View Quote
this

but I will think happy thoughts and hope it works

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

we can test this theory.....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

we can test this theory.....  

I may be calling you..  You are a tempting fellow.

The only thing that keeps me from doing it right now is the nagging feeling that being a "test case" may shine unfavorably in my pending Form 4 in progress.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#17]
machine guns are still banned at many state and county and city level

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

So are suppressors, SBRs, and 30 round magazines.  
What's your point?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most states as long as you are in compliance with the Federal requirements you are good to go.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

So were sectarian prayers until a couple weeks ago.

This thing has potential.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's a stretch
View Quote

Like the sig brace?

Slidefire?

Have some hope.

Plus, maybe this is why they wanted to have CLEO's sign off on trusts?
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#22]
The Firearm Blog ran an article on this a few days ago:

Prince Law Asserts: ATF Opens the Door for New Machine Guns in Trusts?
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#23]
What would happen if the ar15 lower was already put on the schedule A as a title 1 (normal rifle).  Then had the form 1 register it as a MG?  The weapon was in possession by a person but now since its on a schedule A the trust is in possession of it.

I guess you would have to figure out what type of possession they're talking about.  Legal possession or physical possession.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What would happen if the ar15 lower was already put on the schedule A as a title 1 (normal rifle).  Then had the form 1 register it as a MG?  The weapon was in possession by a person but now since its on a schedule A the trust is in possession of it.

I guess you would have to figure out what type of possession they're talking about.  Legal possession or physical possession.
View Quote

The act of drilling the sear hole in the receiver is "manufacturing".  The problem is not that the trust couldn't possess the post-86 machine gun, rather that the actual person who drills the hole might be committing a crime.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The act of drilling the sear hole in the receiver is "manufacturing".  The problem is not that the trust couldn't possess the post-86 machine gun, rather that the actual person who drills the hole might be committing a crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the question is really whether the person and trust are separate possessors.  IE, it's legal for the trust to be in possession, but not legal for any human to be in possession.  The actual manufacture isn't what violates the law(assuming an approved form 1 for the trust), but the human that immediately comes into possession of a post 86 mg is in violation.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the question is really whether the person and trust are separate possessors.  IE, it's legal for the trust to be in possession, but not legal for any human to be in possession.  The actual manufacture isn't what violates the law(assuming an approved form 1 for the trust), but the human that immediately comes into possession of a post 86 mg is in violation.

A single object can't be possessed by two different entities/individuals at the same time. Either the trust possesses it through the control of the trustee or it doesn't. If the item is owned by/registered to the trust and in control of the trustee, I don't see how it could possibly be construed to be in any other's possession.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:09:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll bump this for discussion.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A single object can't be possessed by two different entities/individuals at the same time. Either the trust possesses it through the control of the trustee or it doesn't. If the item is owned by/registered to the trust and in control of the trustee, I don't see how it could possibly be construed to be in any other's possession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how the trustee would be in violation of any law either, but say the ATF rules that trusts may make machine guns, but trustees may not possess them, then what's to stop a person from filing a Form 1 under the trust and then once approved, filing a Form 4 to transfer to themselves as an individual?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't see how the trustee would be in violation of any law either, but say the ATF rules that trusts may make machine guns, but trustees may not possess them, then what's to stop a person from filing a Form 1 under the trust and then once approved, filing a Form 4 to transfer to themselves as an individual?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be sneaky, unethical, and racist.... Obama approved!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#30]
So is there any news on this? I have a trust....would be pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was still made after 1986 and thus couldn't be form 4'd to a person?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't it be easier to create your own political subdivision?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#33]
The legalese makes for interesting mental masturbation. However, I am not willing to be the test case to assert this interpretation.

The danger to lawful and law-abiding gunowners in America is that more and more we are seeing gun policy enforced via mob justice backed up by loud opinion and politically correct administrators NOT what our RIGHTS are or what the "laws" actually say.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I never saw this as holding water.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Um it doesn't matter because there are no laws any more.  Only the ever fickle and dynamic interpretations of laws.
View Quote

Exactly, what the OP posted is not "law" it is an interpretation of regulations (nominally based on several laws) by unelected bureaucrats.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#36]
In all fairness, your rights are only what you choose to exercise.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Has anyone that submitted had checks cashed, pending status or kickbacks yet?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'm bumping this to keep it from archiving.

Has anyone that submitted had checks cashed, pending status or kickbacks yet?
View Quote
My check was cashed.  I haven't checked on anything else.  I expected the check to cash whether they sent it back or not.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

This.

Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?

Off the top of my head:

Glock 18
Several AR-15s
Several AKs
FAL
M-14
BAR
M-1 Carbine

+1  I'd form 1 everything.

I can just imagine the letter from the ATF.  Dear sir, we have received your form 1 request for your break action over and under shotgun.  We were curious as to why you are form 1ing this shotgun?

Because I can, that's why.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In before ATF does a no knock on OP.

View Quote

This.  I won't be the test dummy.  I'm too young for  Club Federales.  Now, when I'm eighty, broke and need health care, I'll sign up for Club Federales and its health plan.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I have seen that G18
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF probably did this knowingly so they could backdoor machine guns onto the registry for liberal elites.

Hasn't there been some "special" cases where people were allowed to register new machine guns?

GWB has saddams G18 and said he had fun shooting it at the ranch. Think about that for a moment.

I have seen that G18

Captured enemy property becomes the property of the US Goverment.  Every gift received by a US official is also the property of the US Government.  Sometimes those officials are allowed to hold the item if it is deemed to have no intrinsic value by the GAO.

President Bush also has a Secret Service detail.  Federal agencies can request the use of captured enemy property / official gifts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it can.

Marijuana can be constructively possessed by all occupants of a car that have access to it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This.

Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

This.

Or a SCAR?
Or a M240?
Or an AAC Honey Badger?
Or a Colt M4A1?

There are a few transferable M240s already. Although they run about $150,000 - $200,000
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
There are a few transferable M240s already. Although they run about $150,000 - $200,000
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SNIP

Those price points lead to people starting small businesses with SOT licenses.  You can start a whole small business with that kind of capital.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yes it can.

Marijuana can be constructively possessed by all occupants of a car that have access to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it can.

I always thought that  was a you can beat the rap but not the ride kinda thing

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Anyone get an approved/denied status yet?
View Quote
I'm still waiting. My paper Form 4s from December haven't been approved yet, so it may be awhile.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

pm sent.

Worst that will happen is they'll hold the money for a year and then send me a denied letter, right?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone submitted one since eForms came back online?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

pm sent.

Worst that will happen is they'll hold the money for a year and then send me a denied letter, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pm sent.

Did you efile the F1? Those are going through pretty quickly!
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top