Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 23
Posted: 10/31/2017 7:41:07 PM EDT
Prices not seen since the Carter Administration!

We are now working on $40 lowers, until we find someone making them out of plywood for $15:

$40 Anderson:  http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-ar-15-a3

With integral trigger guard - $40:  https://aimsurplus.com/anderson-manufacturing-am15-multi-cal-lower-receiver-w-trigger-guard

With complete LPK and stock installed - $100:

Quoted:  Complete Blem Lowers $125.00

Use AR15COM18 for 10% off.

Team members PM me for 20% off coupon.
View Quote
Cast an unlimited # of 2-part epoxy polymer lowers for $7ish each in this $340 Delrin mold:  http://ar15mold.com/

Or this billet lower w/ the FCS already installed, just screw on a buffer tube of your choice:  https://www.surplusammo.com/products/sota-patriot-pa-15-billet-ar15-assembled-lower-no-stock.html

Ceratac has complete rifle kits for $260:  https://www.ceratac.com/Carbine-Classic-Kit-80-p/kit-556-c-ck-u-blk.htm

Ceratac has pistol kits as well - their longer bbl pistol kits are labeled SBR for some reason:  https://www.ceratac.com/80-KITS-s/150.htm

A contender arises, matching prices w/ Ceratac on complete rifle kits:  https://outdoorsportsusa.com/PROMOTIONS/AR-15-STANDARD-CARBINE-KIT-OPTIONAL-ACCESSORIES

PSA getting their game on - $270 pistol kits with evil pistol brace:  palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/pistol-kits.html?dir=asc&order=price

Palmetto State Armory tends to run higher than Ceratac.  $300 rifle kits as I post this:  palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/rifle-kits.html?dir=asc&order=price (PSA links broken to avoid Avantlink)

Combat Armory has a decent price here, but you need a charging handle and BCG:  http://www.combatarmory.com/ar-15-223-5-56-10-5-pistol-length-1-7-twist-w-10-super-slim-m-lok-handguard-kit/.  Thanks to @AmericanPeople

And now cheers to @walldj45, who takes us under $280 w/ Radical Firearms @ $118 for an upper:  http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/fu16-5.56soc-12ftr.htm

You'll need a charging handle for $10:  http://www.combatarmory.com/combat-armory-223-5-56-nato-charging-handle/

And a BCG for $50:  palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-nitride-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-516446953.html

PSA competing w/ carbine & mid-gas 16" complete uppers for $200.  I'd suggest the mid-gas:  palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/barreled-upper-assemblies.html?dir=asc&order=price

And now free parts:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2146304_That-Every-Man-Be-Armed-Free-AR-parts-Please-contribute-your-old-parts-.html

Give a part, get a part:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/730041_-Pay-it-Forward-thread-If-you-have-small-parts-you-wish-to-donate-Post-here-.html

Information below is regarding the previous sales of $20 & $5 lowers.

Need buttplates?  See Tim_McBride's post here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-200-uppers-300-AR-thread-in-time-for-Christmas-/5-2047298/&page=15&anc=69500801#i69500801

Need takedown pins?  See Popov's post here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-290-AR-thread-for-the-New-Year-/5-2047298/?r=-1&page=22&anc=76863746#i76863746

My LGS, Trinity Ordnance has announced a sale of their Sabre Defense marked Cav Arms Mk 2 lowers on Veteran's Day 2017.  $20 before sales tax & shipping (free shipping 5x & over - see below).

These carry a lifetime warranty from GWACS..

How tough is a one piece polymer lower/stock?

Tough enough you can shoot it through the magwell & buffer tube and it will keep working.

The full sale flyer on their Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/TrinityOrdnance/

817-237-3239

My $5 blems from the instore sale on Black Friday:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, but that's about all they were ever worth anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had a Cav Arms but they had good reputations?  For $20 I'd be in for one or four, barring any nasty revelations.

^ Useless post posted to bump thread.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang. That’s significantly cheaper than what I paid for mine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
They're cheap enough to give away to friends.  Gave one to a transplanted Californian the other day.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
i may just have to pop in and get one or two.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the length of pull, if you know off the top of your head.  If not, no worries, I'll research it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have to come into the store or can you call a order in?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
If there was any way for me to get down there, I'd buy one or three (different colors).

I've always wanted one, and thought the ATF made them forever unavailable, and then the pricing afterwards made them a little out of reach of my gun money that was available at any given time.  It would be a perfect Lower for a knockabout Dissipator, in my mind.

If they don't do Internet or phone orders, there's no possible way for me to get one.  Even with shipping and transfer fees, it's a helluva thing.

Damn it.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's the length of pull, if you know off the top of your head.  If not, no worries, I'll research it.
View Quote
It's an A1 stock length.  If you get hold of an ARFCOM CavAid Mk 1 lower, they're A2+.  (Correction info below.)
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I'll have to pick one of those up. Especially for that price.

Edit: Looks like it is an in store customer appreciation event.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm calling my order in because I'll be at the show in Tulsa.  You'll have to pay shipping, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I would order a couple. Do they do online sales?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
For those who don't know, Gun Jesus and his First Disciple Karl used these on the "What Would Stoner Do" build series and cleared them as basically the only poly lowers worth a fuck.

I may drive up there to grab one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's an A1 stock length.  If you get hold of an ARFCOM CavAid Mk 1 lower, they're A2+.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's an A1 stock length.  If you get hold of an ARFCOM CavAid Mk 1 lower, they're A2+.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If there was any way for me to get down there, I'd buy one or three (different colors).

I've always wanted one, and thought the ATF made them forever unavailable, and then the pricing afterwards made them a little out of reach of my gun money that was available at any given time.  It would be a perfect Lower for a knockabout Dissipator, in my mind.

If they don't do Internet or phone orders, there's no possible way for me to get one.  Even with shipping and transfer fees, it's a helluva thing.

Damn it.  
View Quote
Bad news.  Cav Arms only made the Sabre Defenses in black.  But Trinity Ordnance has a phone number.  They'll ship.

I'm gonna get 5 more.  Don't tell FW_wife.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Poly=pass.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Poly=pass.
View Quote
This. I've seen enough bad shit happen to where I'll gladly pay an extra $10 for an Anderson. 
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Sheesh the transfer will cost more. I'd be in for one at $20
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I had a Saber Defense AR with one of those lowers about 10 years ago and I wish I hadn't sold it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bad news.  Cav Arms only made the Sabre Defenses in black.  But Trinity Ordnance has a phone number.  They'll ship.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn it.  

LOL
Keeping things from the wife? Taking to married life pretty quick aren't you?

I still have one of these in the gun case from out trip to Trinity Ord. plus two more matrix lowers or I'd pick up a few more of these. The one I built out for my Father worked well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought one of the Sabre Defense complete rifles with this lower. Sat on a shelf for 3 years at the gun store I used to work at. They finally called me and begged me to buy it. I paid $600 for it in 2010ish I think. Sold the lower to a friend for an ultralight build he was doing. Its still working just fine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#25]
So can I buy one online? Or make a phone call?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Anything special to know about building one of these stripped lowers?

Do they need a special lower parts kit or special know-how?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, they were so bad that Arfcom commissioned them as SEBR's back in the day.

Never heard of anyone having a problem with them.

I'm definitely in for a couple....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poly=pass.
This. I've seen enough bad shit happen to where I'll gladly pay an extra $10 for an Anderson. 
Yeah, they were so bad that Arfcom commissioned them as SEBR's back in the day.

Never heard of anyone having a problem with them.

I'm definitely in for a couple....
They work fine, other than the ergonomics are screwed up due to the grip design. I was really hoping GWACS would fix the grip.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poly=pass.
Watch the video.  Can your Anderson handle being shot through the magwell?  These have the stock built into the lower, so they don't have the weak point at the buffer tube boss.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
It doesn't use all the parts in the lpk. You won't need the grip, grip screw, trigger guard and roll pin, take down pins, TD detents and springs. The safety detent is installed from the top and help captive by the safety selector.  

I think that's everything but can't be completely sure.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I have 3 cav arms. They take their own pivot and take down pin. But the mag well is bigger and you can do 45 ACP
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
The buffer retaining pin is held in with a roll pin.  You might want to notch the safety if you ever want to get it out.  Other than that, it takes a standard parts kit other than the take down pins.  If you order one over the phone, tell them to please make sure it ships with both takedown pins. It uses a carbine buffer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Watch the video.  Can your Anderson handle being shot through the magwell?  These have the stock built into the lower, so they don't have the weak point at the buffer tube boss.
View Quote
Why would I want to shoot a round into my magwell? I get the point of the one piece to try to eliminate weak points. 
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poly=pass.
Unless I'm mistaken, these include a stock, buffer tube, etc.  So more than a $10 difference.

I'd give one a try if they had an "Entry Stock" length.  I just don't like the 13" fixed LOP on an AR15.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
If they'll ship, I'll just have a helluva time getting ahold of them during their hours due to the rest of y'all calling in 
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Good enough for a .22lr dedicated lower? I'd do it for that. Don't have one now, maybe I should have a .22LR  AR.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So can I buy one online? Or make a phone call?
View Quote
They're not set up yet for online sales, but you can call them.  I would call them in advance and place an order, understanding it probably won't ship til after the 11th.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Unless I'm mistaken, these include a stock, buffer tube, etc.  So more than a $10 difference.

I'd give one a try if they had an "Entry Stock" length.  I just don't like the 13" fixed LOP on an AR15.
View Quote
Good news is that is used a carbine buffer and the buffer channel doesn't extend all the way to the rear of the stock. Thus allowing some length to be cut off without effecting the operation.

Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Can your Anderson handle being shot through the magwell?.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:. Unless I'm mistaken, these include a stock, buffer tube, etc.  So more than a $10 difference.

View Quote
Yes, the buffer tube is built in.  But it's a carbine length tube, so some folks have shortened the stock with a hacksaw.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I live in North Dallas, I’ve never heard of these guys but will be going there to stock up. With prices like that I assume I’ll be a repeat customer.

Their sale/marketing is working.

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good enough for a .22lr dedicated lower? I'd do it for that. Don't have one now, maybe I should have a .22LR  AR.
View Quote
that is what I am using mine for..

BUT I know a guy that is using his with his 450 Bushmaster upper without issues

Brian
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would order a couple. Do they do online sales?
View Quote
They'll ship.  You'll have to call.  I'd call ahead of the 11th.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#45]
i think ill get 2 with Transfer fees ill be into it for 64 total and what ever shipping not to bad
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Good people at Trinity. My local fun shop. 
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Shit,for twenty bucks Id be in for one for my lower collection if shipping isnt rediculous.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#48]
My FFL will transfer up to 5 receivers for a flat $20….interesting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Dang.  I live in the Metroplex but will be in Houston that weekend.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dang.  I live in the Metroplex but will be in Houston that weekend.
View Quote
Place an order in advance and tell em to hold for pickup.  That's what I'm gonna do.  Then when you pick em up you can stop by for a drink.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top