Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the blem complete uppers from PSA for 199 shipped I'm sure you can squeeze out a sub $300
View Quote
Classic Firearms has the Bear Creek uppers listed for $199 again too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Definitely a response to the original OP instead of the "cheap AR warehouse" it's become, but I eventually got this one built up enough to be worth a picture.  Around $300 all told, but a lot of expense was the 18" Faxon Gunner profile barrel and associated .625 parts. The rear sight was more than the entire lower half

Just wanted to keep it lightweight and do something a bit different.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  For SN 1,  I'd like to do a lightweight pinned and welded 14.7”.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice.  For SN 1,  I'd like to do a lightweight pinned and welded 14.7”.
View Quote
Faxon sells a really nice already pinned light weight option, with brake or 3 prong flash hider. Same barrel used in the WWSD videos InRange did.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of you guys set up a Cav lower for a single point sling? I could have sworn I saw it mentioned somewhere in this thread, but now I can’t find it.

Disregard, found it
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the buttpad promised a while back.

Right click and download linked file

Download this file and change the extension from jpg to stl.
It may need some fine tuning. Please leave remarks if you test it. I will correct and upload the file as necessary.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#9]
@Motown_Steve
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the buttpad promised a while back.

Right click and download linked file

Download this file and change the extension from jpg to stl.
It may need some fine tuning. Please leave remarks if you test it. I will correct and upload the file as necessary.
View Quote
Sweet, man.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Price change on lowers.  Reshuffled OP.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Finished the sabre lower .22. Not a $300 build

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
That looks good.  My FIL just put flip up BUIS on the boy's rifle.  We're all going to shoot it next week, and the boy is growing into the stock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is a cheap solution for anyone wanting to do a single point sling attachment.
Attachment Attached File

I measured down into the stock and went a bit past the end of the cleaning kit compartment, drilled a hole slightly smaller than the threaded shank. Then I mixed some quick set epoxy and squirted about two teaspoons into the hole, screwed the sling loop in place, then kept an eye on it as the epoxy hardened. I had a little bit seep into the buffer tube channel. I scraped it out with a flat blade screwdriver before it fully cured. The loop is really solid and I can not turn it with just finger pressure. That and a $15 sling from Midway and it is good to go.
I figured the epoxy will help lock the stud in place, plus give the area some reinforcement so the stud is not just in the thin “skin” of the stock. I was hoping it might have been more solid there, but could not find a cross section of one, so I just figured out about where I wanted the loop and made sure I was lower than the buffer tube channel and drilled the hole. It popped right through so I knew it was hollow. I held a flashlight against the hole and looked down the buffer tube and cleaning kit compartment and could see a sliver of light in both. I didn’t care if the expoxy seeped into the kit comp. but I wanted to watch the buffer channel and get anything out before it set.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Pretty slick.  Who is plotting terrible things to happen to your Mk 2s when the Mk 3s & 4s come out?  
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's the optic? @BIgDAM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
It's a holosun 503BU
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a holosun 503BU
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:54:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I just finished building on with an STR FDE kit with a SPARC and magnifier and 10 pmags for about $600. Considering the SPARC and magnifier combined are about $375 and the STR buttstock is about $75 that’s under $200 for the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  I just finished building on with an STR FDE kit with a SPARC and magnifier and 10 pmags for about $600. Considering the SPARC and magnifier combined are about $375 and the STR buttstock is about $75 that’s under $200 for the rifle.
View Quote
Put you on our low-cost leaders' board if you break that down & tell us where you got the parts.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:30:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Got down to 310 plus FFL fees via PSA, all in one shopping cart.

Having just got another one on the 4th of July sales, I'm NOT clicking buy...

Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally dug up this thread again.  My submission:

$10 lower (well, cost average is more like $5 since I bought >50 of the ones without pins/buttplates )
$200 complete upper with BCG & CH from PSA
$35 Black Friday LPK
~$5 buffer spring and buffer from Brownells sale a while back.

So, ~$250? Damn, ARs have gotten cheap!
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow.  That looks nice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#24]
$199 PSA complete freedom upper on clearance.
$69 PSA Blackhawk lower build kit.
Lower essentially free from PSA due to combo deal (Gen4 17 ameriglo sights and three lowers for $499).

Taxes on everything but no transfer fees.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Updated the OP w/ current prices & in-stock vendors.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Starting to think $300 can be easily done. Time for a $250 AR thread?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  Starting to think $300 can be easily done. Time for a $250 AR thread?
View Quote
Even with the Sabre Defense $20 lowers w/ free shipping, I think the lowest we've gotten it down to is $270, back when Ceratac kits were $250.  A few guys may have eked out $260 ARs, if they took a $5 lower, threw $5 of hardware store screws & pins in it, and glued on a buttpad.  That's still not including sights, though Ceratac will throw them in for a few bucks.

You might be able to go lower w/ EE deals, but by the time you figure the shipping, the Ceratac kit is hard to beat.

Folks will say they have $2xy in an AR, but then they admit they had this or that already on hand, which isn't included in the cost.  If lowers or Ceratac go down again, or we find someone cheaper for a complete kit than Ceratac, I'll update the OP & thread title, as I did this morning.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Even with the Sabre Defense $20 lowers w/ free shipping, I think the lowest we've gotten it down to is $270, back when Ceratac kits were $250.  A few guys may have eked out $260 ARs, if they took a $5 lower, threw $5 of hardware store screws & pins in it, and glued on a buttpad.  That's still not including sights, though Ceratac will throw them in for a few bucks.

You might be able to go lower w/ EE deals, but by the time you figure the shipping, the Ceratac kit is hard to beat.

Folks will say they have $2xy in an AR, but then they admit they had this or that already on hand, which isn't included in the cost.  If lowers or Ceratac go down again, or we find someone cheaper for a complete kit than Ceratac, I'll update the OP & thread title, as I did this morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Starting to think $300 can be easily done. Time for a $250 AR thread?

(AHEM!) 5 posts up
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  (AHEM!) 5 posts up
View Quote
Oh right!  $250!  Well done!
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Fo’d on a certac kit.  330 with what was in stock.  Had to do upgraded barrel, all they had. Went mlok over keymod.  Added sights, no fcg.  Should be here soon.

Psa doesn’t ship anything to MA
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#31]
How many times that do you have in the lower?  

I let folks know that any pre-ban mags can ship to y'all, and pre-ban lowers can go to y'all or Connecticut.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#32]
2 Anderson lowers at 50each a couple years ago.  A windham weaponry I bought fully assembled and a pre94 ban essential arms I got for a pretty penny maybe 4 years ago.  500 smackeroos.  Only one that can technically have all the extra awb features.  And a couple 80 percenters, some alum gonna try a first poly 80 with said parts kit.  I’ll be in the rifle under 400.  Not bad in this commie hole.

We can get preban mags here, always searching the ee for Glock mags or ar mags.  Or whatever really lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#34]
My god.  I'm really in a money saving mode right now...but that is tempting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#35]
You could have a fire-breathing AR pistol for $300 - or a S&W SD9VE Sigma derivative.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll stop hitting the snooze button when their nitrided stuff is that price.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
But think of all the money you'll save if you buy a dozen!
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks!  Added you to the OP.  Right @ $300 w/ a Team discount & a Bear Creek Arsenal upper.  Click, click, rack, BANG!  $300 well spent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Complete Blem Lowers $125.00

Use AR15COM18 for 10% off.

Team members PM me for 20% off coupon.
View Quote
Ugh, must resist.....

Already have two lowers that are waiting to be built out, but that is a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah I bought the 10.5 kit from PSA. I have this upper already, and added the BCG, then LPK and blake kit. Came out to more.

I have a spare Noreen lower from the AIM Surplus cheap $34 deal.

Sub $300 10.5 Pistol I already know will shoot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

My “cheap” Zev build.

Zev sent me the upper and lower for free. Honestly the tightest fitting best finished forged upper/lower combo I have. (Usually my gen 1 noveske’s get that title but not anymore).

Stole parts from other rifles and small parts I gathered over the years. Samson rail was a spare i had, had a spare Cmc trigger laying around plus spare fail zero bcg.

Only thing I had to purchase was a barrel and gas block I got off of EE for under 130 bucks.

A member gave me a free moe k2 since I answered a lot of his rmr questions, and I had an aimpoint t2 that I didn’t know what rifle to put it on, well it will reside here till I figure out which optic I will swap it with.

So that’s my budget build....
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/159941/6EAE1531-DAFC-434F-9719-63B78BF2EE21-629483.JPG

My "cheap" Zev build.

Zev sent me the upper and lower for free. Honestly the tightest fitting best finished forged upper/lower combo I have. (Usually my gen 1 noveske's get that title but not anymore).

Stole parts from other rifles and small parts I gathered over the years. Samson rail was a spare i had, had a spare Cmc trigger laying around plus spare fail zero bcg.

Only thing I had to purchase was a barrel and gas block I got off of EE for under 130 bucks.

A member gave me a free moe k2 since I answered a lot of his rmr questions, and I had an aimpoint t2 that I didn't know what rifle to put it on, well it will reside here till I figure out which optic I will swap it with.

So that's my budget build....
View Quote
Lol, budget.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lol, budget.
View Quote
Hey man, my out of pocket was under 150 lol.....

Literally realized I have too many rifle seeds laying around the house. At one point I had 4 after market triggers (2 Larue, 1 CMC, and 1 geissele) sitting in my safe. I still have the geissele sitting there. And I swap out furniture all the time, so I have spare grips and stocks. I also pieced a LPK together off parts I didn't use since many of my rifles had after market mag releases, bolt catches, magazine catches, etc.

In reality, I spent another 16 bucks but it'll still be under 150. I had to order a ejection port door and forward assist off brownells last night. I just picked up the upper/lower from the FFL yesterday, and built it into a rifle after dinner last night with parts I had.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Literally realized I have too many rifle seeds laying around the house. At one point I had 4 after market triggers (2 Larue, 1 CMC, and 1 geissele) sitting in my safe. I still have the geissele sitting there. And I swap out furniture all the time, so I have spare grips and stocks. I also pieced a LPK together off parts I didn't use since many of my rifles had after market mag releases, bolt catches, magazine catches, etc.

In reality, I spent another 16 bucks but it'll still be under 150. I had to order a ejection port door and forward assist off brownells last night. I just picked up the upper/lower from the FFL yesterday, and built it into a rifle after dinner last night with parts I had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, budget.

I'm not hating, I'm actually jealous.

Got anymore of those free zev parts?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do, they sent me two Comps for free.....

Attachment Attached File

Got it just for posting pics online...
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/159941/80A02A08-916E-40A9-B756-32FE3A79F3C7-623604.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/159941/80A02A08-916E-40A9-B756-32FE3A79F3C7-623604.JPG

Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:50:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Alright, so I done goofed.

I bought a brand new JSE Surplus 9mm upper in a no reserve GunBroker auction for $200. The BCG is for Glock mags only, so that ruled out the $40 drop in mag block.

That Delta Team Tactical/Davidson Defense place that everyone assumed was a scam ended up being a local company, so I went to check it out. They had torkmag blocks for $50. The place isn't a scam BTW. Forgot to mention, this gun store traded my standard buffer for a 9mm buffer for free.

The torkmag does not fit in cavarms lowers. So I bought a complete Colt CE2000 rifle for $560 and I sold the upper for $380 on a local website.

The guy that bought the upper begged me for the buttstock because it said Colt on it and had a QD sling hole. He gave me an additional $25.

I found out that Hera Arms is also a local company and some local places were selling their stuff below MSRP. I got a CQR stock for $90.

I modified Korean mags that I already had, but they were $9 each in case you were wonde
ring.

Rear sight is Larue, front is YHM, I already had em, idk what they cost.

Upper - $200
Lower - $155
Stock - $90
Mag block - $50
Mag - $9

I'm $505 into this shit that has an outdated rail. I should've just bought a 9mm AR off the shelf from Frontier Arms.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: In case someone asks why I sold the "Colt" upper, it's because the "Colt" CE2000 has shit parts made by a third party vendor and the only reason anyone buys them is for the M4 LE marked lower.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:  Alright, so I done goofed.

I bought a brand new JSE Surplus 9mm upper in a no reserve GunBroker auction for $200. The BCG is for Glock mags only, so that ruled out the $40 drop in mag block.

That Delta Team Tactical/Davidson Defense place that everyone assumed was a scam ended up being a local company, so I went to check it out. They had torkmag blocks for $50. The place isn't a scam BTW. Forgot to mention, this gun store traded my standard buffer for a 9mm buffer for free.

The torkmag does not fit in cavarms lowers. So I bought a complete Colt CE2000 rifle for $560 and I sold the upper for $380 on a local website.

The guy that bought the upper begged me for the buttstock because it said Colt on it and had a QD sling hole. He gave me an additional $25.

I found out that Hera Arms is also a local company and some local places were selling their stuff below MSRP. I got a CQR stock for $90.

I modified Korean mags that I already had, but they were $9 each in case you were wonde
ring.

Rear sight is Larue, front is YHM, I already had em, idk what they cost.

Upper - $200
Lower - $155
Stock - $90
Mag block - $50
Mag - $9

I'm $505 into this shit that has an outdated rail. I should've just bought a 9mm AR off the shelf from Frontier Arms.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/195976/IMG_20180804_172721-630259.JPG

Edit: In case someone asks why I sold the "Colt" upper, it's because the "Colt" CE2000 has shit parts made by a third party vendor and the only reason anyone buys them is for the M4 LE marked lower.
View Quote
Looks good.  You're $55 over by getting a Colt marked lower rather than Sinistral's complete lower, and then paid $90 for a good-looking stock (less than I paid for mine used).  Knock off $145 for the premiums, and you're down to $360 - not bad for a 9x19mm build.  And you still have a Sabre Defense lower to build on.

BTW - Glock cut bolts generally run straight Colt mags fine.  Where did you find Colt mag drop-in mag blocks for $40?

Have any difficulty getting the Hera installed?  What's the issue w/ the Torkmag block in the Sabre lower?
Page / 23
Top Top