Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Appendix carry concerns. (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that I lost weight I figured I'd give that a try.  Well if I'm standing all day I can see it.  But I don't get people who tell me its not uncomfortable to have that jabbing into your crotch when sitting.  Maybe its not uncomfortable enough for them to stop but for me it was.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigern314:
Now that I lost weight I figured I'd give that a try.  Well if I'm standing all day I can see it.  But I don't get people who tell me its not uncomfortable to have that jabbing into your crotch when sitting.  Maybe its not uncomfortable enough for them to stop but for me it was.
View Quote
FWIW, I've worn a Glock 19 for multiple car trips averaging around 10 hours without issues.

Not the most comfortable, but if you have an adjustable cant holster (mine's a Raven Eidolon), I just push the holster down to my right for comfort when I'm in the car, and then shift it back when I get out to favor concealability.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
If its jabbing into your crotch when sitting you're not carrying it in the correct position.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Xhado:

If its jabbing into your crotch when sitting you're not carrying it in the correct position.
View Quote
Sure and I've adjusted the holster so its kind of in the nook between my leg and crotch, move it a little this way, that way, etc.  Just don't find it comfortable at all, especially as a daily carry.  Not painful but not comfortable enough to use as a regular method. Unless I know I'll be standing all day.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Sure and I've adjusted the holster so its kind of in the nook between my leg and crotch, move it a little this way, that way, etc.  Just don't find it comfortable at all, especially as a daily carry.  Not painful but not comfortable enough to use as a regular method. Unless I know I'll be standing all day.
View Quote
Do you have a short torso or wear your pants low?

I can sit comfortably all day (as in, barely know it's there) with a G17.

Not every carry position works for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
Do you have a short torso or wear your pants low?

I can sit comfortably all day (as in, barely know it's there) with a G17.

Not every carry position works for everyone.
View Quote
In light of this I put my CZ P-01 in my kydex holster and put the wing on it and wore it in AIWB...and its gone better than I expected with some positioning.  I think the wing keeping it in place a bit tighter is helping.   Still not as comfortable as 3-4 but I dunno maybe I can make this work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Update...

I think carrying my CZ P-01 AIWB is a go.  I think I just needed to fiddle with it enough and put that wing thing on the holster.

However the P01 is a SA/DA hammer fired gun with a metal frame.  Can I move to carrying an striker fired gun there ready to go?  I will find out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm fine with appendix as long as the gun is small enough so I can sit down comfortably and it's a double action trigger. Honestly I found that my S&W 642 works great for appendix carry as the curves work well with my body. But I prefer strong side carry most the time. I can comfortably carry larger autos. Crossdraw isn't bad either.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: battlestick] [#9]
There’s a lot of good info in this thread.

Slow down, pay attention, and go through a system when you reholster.

A DA/SA gun also adds another measure of safety when you place your thumb on the hammer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:21:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: battlestick] [#10]
Double
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Stupid question.

When carrying a plastic gun is there ANY real danger of the frame flexing and it discharging?  I would assume that the slide would hold the good bits but I just want to make sure.  Step 2 to being a FT AIWB dude is carrying a striker fired gun there and I'm nervous.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By echo5whiskey:

I don't know how common it is, but I do know there are a lot of people who seem to think that your re-holster has to be as fast as your draw. I'd be willing to bet that contributes to NDs/ADs (whatever you choose to call them) when re-holstering.
View Quote
Some schools train(or used to) against the clock back to holster, I don't know why.
Of course everything is a compromise but I can't think of many good reasons to reholster as fast as I can, vs the increased likelihood of a person shooting themself as the try to jam their gun back into the holster.
I was trained, as someone here already suggested, rotate the hips and point the gun forward as it is slowly reholstered. If done properly, the muzzle is never pointed at flesh. It works for me, and I am comfortable with the level of safety.  Once back in the holster, it's safe.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Appendix carry concerns. (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top