Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2016 5:59:49 PM EDT
Multiple misses and hitting the berm at :37 and 2:32.  In his defense he was shooting a Springfield 03 for the first time ever at 600 yards.  (Filmed from 600 yard line through a 20X spotting scope with cell phone).  Of course you can see it better full screen in YouTube.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
03 sights are pretty decent for precision shooting but at long range you really need the external micrometer adjuster thingy for precise elevation adjustments esp at 600 / 1000 and a rear sight base that has absolutely no windage slop.

Kudos for him giving it a go as it is a real challenge to go old school.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup...kudos to the guy for trying!

I set up a 600 yd. range at my house on which the local kids could practice prior to their annual trek to Camp Perry. The target is a 36" piece of 5/16" diamond plate with the appropriate scoring rings welded on it. Once, just for grins, I shot at it with one of my 03A3's and cast bullets running 1500 or so fps. I was elated when I finally began to get hits and amused at the length of time it took for the report of the hit to get back!
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember my first time doing service rifle.  We moved downrange and did my elevation adjustments wrong.  I was thinking up 40" at 500 yards, but then I screwed something up and I did up 20 MOA instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top