Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2016 1:25:28 PM EDT
Working at a public/membership range.
Range desk is sending back customers whom have NEVER HELD A GUN MUCH LESS FIRED ONE. On top of my range master duties I am expected to handle these too. Got muzzle flashed, round in the chamber, finger on trigger, safety off last night, she walked our of her lane to tell me her target fell down. I'm going to see more of this I think...

Vest or No Vest?

I've got my Second Chance IIIA hanging in the closet. Worth it? Overkill?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't laugh at you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Posted longer reply in the other post; then thought a bit more:

Your employer should be providing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), this would include eye and ear pro; along with a properly rated vest.

Ask your employer in writing,

If they say no need (get it in writing), let your loved ones know.  I am sure Labor and Industries will have a field day.

If they say yes, then you are not using your personal equipment at work.

If they say no, and you wear your own equipment, check with your tax advisor for the appropriate tax write off.  This may go for batteries for hearing pro, replacement eye pro, ammo used on the range by you, any firearms, holsters etc.

As I am typing this:  What is your company plan should there be a medical emergency on the range?  Is it different than if it is a gun show wound (GSW) or heart attack?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#4]
When S&W had their public range, their ROs wore vests over their clothes.

From what I've seen and heard wrt public ranges, this should be a requirement.

S&W on a group tour (with experienced shooters) was the only time I've shot on a public range like that (I've had plenty of opportunities in other places but declined). I belong to a gun club and unsafe antics will get you thrown out of the club in a heartbeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top