Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 1:18:34 PM EDT
Unless I missed a subsection in the SAFE act, beltfeds are not prohibited nor are belts loaded with more than 7 rounds (10 rounds for Western District).  Why aren't dealers stocking the shelves? FUAC
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought belts were considered "high capacity ammunition feeding devices?"

someone will be along shortly to educate me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess metal links you could do 10 rounds.. but cloth belts i think are 9 yards in length and classified as high cap mag.

i wouldnt want to be the test case for this..
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Belts are listed as "high capacity feeding devices"
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
You could cut the cloth belts down to 7 rounds (or 10, who knows on that one)...or only link links to 7 rounds, and I believe you would be ok....I had lots of discussions back when I was still a prisoner, er, ah, resident of NY with other belt fed guys...

Its too bad people have to do all sorts of mental gymnastics over the BS....

I still hope Cumhole gets cancer real soon, and dies slowly and painfully. Fuck that guy.

And that asshole of a SP Superintendant, D'Amico, hope he gets ball cancer and dies too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Belts are listed as "high capacity feeding devices"
View Quote
I knew i was missing something.... After reading a bit more I figured that a belt would be considered a "device"
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
SAFE Act allows 30 days for C&R feeding devices to  be registered.    I'll bet your cloth belt was purchased yesterday, wasn't it.

There are plenty of belt feds in NYS.   They're not in gun shops because they're expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top