Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what county did you get that sucker?   and gps
View Quote

Lima NY... Thats as close are your getting
This was last years buck, same little 20 acres
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Headed to Sullivan County this weekend in hopes of breaking the drought.  If this keeps up 2016 may end up with no deer in the freezer.  Add that to the pile of crap that has been 2016
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lima NY... Thats as close are your getting
This was last years buck, same little 20 acres
https://s16.postimg.org/m0vd3ngl1/photo.jpg
View Quote

Do you need a new hunting buddy

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do you need a new hunting buddy

View Quote

lol, everyone wants to be my buddy during hunting season, but, mid summer? when it's time for food plots, trail trimming, hanging stands, scouting deer, fixing the tractor, buying seed, fuel, cams, memory cards, ect? it's like a ghost town around here...
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol, everyone wants to be my buddy during hunting season, but, mid summer? when it's time for food plots, trail trimming, hanging stands, scouting deer, fixing the tractor, buying seed, fuel, cams, memory cards, ect? it's like a ghost town around here...
View Quote

Believe me I understand.    The land we hunt is literally 5 minutes from my house, but I'm there helping him fix is tree stands, cleaning trails, maintaining the cameras etc.   If I lived closer I'd help, I never understood people that want something for nothing.  

Those are killer deer dude
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is that a NO or a maybe?
View Quote

shouldn't you be out in the woods?  
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Believe me I understand.    The land we hunt is literally 5 minutes from my house, but I'm there helping him fix is tree stands, cleaning trails, maintaining the cameras etc.   If I lived closer I'd help, I never understood people that want something for nothing.  

Those are killer deer dude
View Quote

People don't understand just how much work goes into hunting... Sure, you can strap yourself to a tree on state land and hope to see something, but owning land, and trying to grow big deer takes some work... Im always inviting people to come help out in the summer for hunting rights in the fall, No one shows up, yet mid November everyone wants a slice of the pie...

Heres a cam pic from last year... This is the results of letting little bucks live, and alittle work on your land
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Lima, I'll give you a hand in the summer
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is that a NO or a maybe?
View Quote

It's a maybe.. im always looking for help, and new places to hunt as well..
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

People don't understand just how much work goes into hunting... Sure, you can strap yourself to a tree on state land and hope to see something, but owning land, and trying to grow big deer takes some work... Im always inviting people to come help out in the summer for hunting rights in the fall, No one shows up, yet mid November everyone wants a slice of the pie...

Heres a cam pic from last year... This is the results of letting look bucks live, and alittle work on your land
https://s30.postimg.org/uu1jpdsnl/PRMS0001.jpg
View Quote

I see apple trees, always a deer favorite until the acorns drop.  What mix are you putting in your food plots?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#19]
When does the "hunting" part happen?

Trying to find your way to that little house in the dark?  
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I see apple trees, always a deer favorite until the acorns drop.  What mix are you putting in your food plots?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heres a cam pic from last year... This is the results of letting look bucks live, and alittle work on your land
https://s30.postimg.org/uu1jpdsnl/PRMS0001.jpg

I cant give away all my secrets ....
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I cant give away all my secrets ....
View Quote

Ummm ookaay, didn't realize it was a State secret.

Maybe you are planting cannabis for the deer?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ummm ookaay, didn't realize it was a State secret.

Maybe you are planting cannabis for the deer?
View Quote

lol.. Deer weed... " Why no officer those plants aren't for me, they are for ma deer"
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Beautiful buck
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When does the "hunting" part happen?

Trying to find your way to that little house in the dark?  
View Quote

Nah, nice mowed path to it, its fully equipped with a heater,  urinal, plexi windows (both bow and gun) padded flooring and comfy chairs for all day sits... Next year Im adding a folding cot, wrap around porch, solar power, wifi and possible a zip line back to the house .. The way I see it, the more comfortable it is, the more youll be in it, the more your in it the better your chances are... Dont get me my wrong, bow season? Im in a climber or lock on stand all day "Hunting" but once gun seasons hit, I sit comfortably and let all the other guys bump deer off their land into mine, (20 acres of thick bedding with this stand smack dab in the middle)
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nah, nice mowed path to it, its fully equipped with a heater,  urinal, plexi windows (both bow and gun) padded flooring and comfy chairs for all day sits... Next year Im adding a folding cot, wrap around porch, solar power, wifi and possible a zip line back to the house .. The way I see it, the more comfortable it is, the more youll be in it, the more your in it the better your chances are... Dont get me my wrong, bow season? Im in a climber or lock on stand all day "Hunting" but once gun seasons hit, I sit comfortably and let all the other guys bump deer off their land into mine, (20 acres of thick bedding with this stand smack dab in the middle)
View Quote

Sounds like my Uncle's setup in Otsego Co.  He has 40 acres of mixed hardwoods with white Pine thickets for bedding.  All our hunting there is in fixed stands as the property is too small to risk running the deer who like to bed there off the property for the road hunters to shoot.  Problem this season was the weather.  Opening day was 65 degrees and the deer were not moving.  Once the guns started going off they went nocturnal.  First season in many years I never saw a deer on that property but we know they are there based on the deer cams and footprints in the snow.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sounds like my Uncle's setup in Otsego Co.  He has 40 acres of mixed hardwoods with white Pine thickets for bedding.  All our hunting there is in fixed stands as the property is too small to risk running the deer who like to bed there off the property for the road hunters to shoot.  Problem this season was the weather.  Opening day was 65 degrees and the deer were not moving.  Once the guns started going off they went nocturnal.  First season in many years I never saw a deer on that property but we know they are there based on the deer cams and footprints in the snow.
View Quote

Next time this happens try hunting mid day.... Deer are always more active at night, but never go full nocturnal.. They just move when you're not around... I was having the same issue, No deer moving sun up to 9-10, or 2-3 to sunset. I started hunting from 9-2 and started killing deer deer...
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#27]
We sat from can't see till noon back out at 1:00 to can't see and no deer to be seen.  They went full nocturnal this year unlike other years on that property.  Plenty of action on the infrared game cams including some nice bucks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#28]
So how did everyone make out this year?? Im switching gears from killing bambis to trapping and coyote hunting...
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Last saturday of the season i got a seven point. He was limping and his leg was all infected. I was scared to eat the meat . First time ever for that. I guess i saved him from coyotes. Other than that it seemed all the bucks went nocturnal by opening day.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top