Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a good day in NY.  

One down, two to go.

FUAC
FUDS

http://i68.tinypic.com/65cxsp.jpg
View Quote

I like the daily news photo .. now they just need to impose the tyrant and the rino in the same pose.

130 years yes.. I hope he has to serve all of those years too..
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I am astoundedd that Shelly would be found guilty... these guys write the laws they break and are very careful to skate the edge.

Well done Preet.
Props to the jury.

Bravo!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I am astoundedd that Shelly would be found guilty... these guys write the laws they break and are very careful to skate the edge.

Well done Preet.

Props to the jury.

Bravo!

View Quote
Based upon what that one juror Arleen Phillips said about why she decided to switch her vote to guilty, there is some guidance for future crooks politicians on what they can do to avoid being found guilty.  In her interpretation had Shelly been forthcoming in his financial statement about receiving kickbacks from Goldberg & Iryami she would have been okay with that.  The fact that he hid them as if her were doing something wrong convinced her to switch her vote.  Even the IRS does not care if money you got was from robbing a bank.  You still have to declare it.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Based upon what that one juror Arleen Phillips said about why she decided to switch her vote to guilty, there is some guidance for future crooks politicians on what they can do to avoid being found guilty.  In her interpretation had Shelly been forthcoming in his financial statement about receiving kickbacks from Goldberg & Iryami she would have been okay with that.  The fact that he hid them as if her were doing something wrong convinced her to switch her vote.  Even the IRS does not care if money you got was from robbing a bank.  You still have to declare it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well done Preet.
Props to the jury.

Bravo!

So her premise was: "at least he was honest about being a scumbag!"

This state is so fucked
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This state is so fucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well done Preet.
Props to the jury.

Bravo!

This state is so fucked

“Everything separately seemed O.K., but then when you put it together, that’s where it became a problem,” she added. “The prosecution did a great job just putting the facts out there, and once the facts were laid out, there’s nothing you can really dispute.”

By the time the case went to the jury last week, Ms. Phillips, 53, a Verizon technician from Mount Vernon, N.Y., was the only one still voicing strong doubts.

“I wanted to hear his voice so I could determine whether or not there was any arrogance or anything that showed me he was capable of being deceitful,” Ms. Phillips said, “and I didn’t see that for the longest.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/01/nyregion/as-trial-began-a-humble-assemblyman-didnt-appear-guilty-to-several-jurors.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well done Preet.
Props to the jury.

Bravo!

Noticed what she looks like and were she works.. Shes just worried about her FSA crap.

This is the exact reason why I'm packing up and moving out of NYS in 2016.. When i move ill make sure that all of the FSA comes back to NYS to get there goodies

This state is so fucked

“Everything separately seemed O.K., but then when you put it together, that’s where it became a problem,” she added. “The prosecution did a great job just putting the facts out there, and once the facts were laid out, there’s nothing you can really dispute.”

By the time the case went to the jury last week, Ms. Phillips, 53, a Verizon technician from Mount Vernon, N.Y., was the only one still voicing strong doubts.

“I wanted to hear his voice so I could determine whether or not there was any arrogance or anything that showed me he was capable of being deceitful,” Ms. Phillips said, “and I didn’t see that for the longest.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/01/nyregion/as-trial-began-a-humble-assemblyman-didnt-appear-guilty-to-several-jurors.html?_r=0

And you noticed what she looks like and where she works.. Has democrap written all over that mug.. She's pissed that she might actually lose her FSA crap..

This is exactly why I'm leaving NYS in 2016. Where i move to I'll convince all the FSA to move to NYS
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Ugh.  I knew it decades ago.  Isn't it "odd" that so many people know who's a crook, yet there are others who seemingly live under a rock?

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ugh.  I knew it decades ago.  Isn't it "odd" that so many people know who's a crook, yet there are others who seemingly live under a rock?
View Quote

Or they have a different definition of crook. There are certain groups of people who seem to have a larger than normal saturation of people who will cheat and steal at the expense of others with absolutely no conscience qualms....
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been on the witness stand for cases involving preets office of the DoJ and NYS Dept of Investigations.  In each instance there were blue collar worker or FSA types on the jury versus the defendant who is an older, unattractive, wealthier, more powerful white male in a suit.

The prosecutions' cases were won before the opening arguments.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have been on the witness stand for cases involving preets office of the DoJ and NYS Dept of Investigations.  In each instance there were blue collar worker or FSA types on the jury versus the defendant who is an older, unattractive, wealthier, more powerful white male in a suit.

The prosecutions' cases were won before the opening arguments.
View Quote

If Silver  had a jury of his "peers" he would have got off, no doubt, lest they be next on the chopping block.

I can't say if the definition of peers is good or bad;   I do know that the majority of those who get on juries are FSA or Soccer Moms, of which neither group I have trust to make an intelligent decision.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Enough of the appetizers......on to the main course FUAC!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where's that "my penis can only get so big" meme?
It has never been more appropriate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where's that "my penis can only get so big" meme?
It has never been more appropriate.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#18]

I suppose the more disturbing question that must be asked... Is what you had to type in Google to get those results!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I suppose the more disturbing question that must be asked... Is what you had to type in Google to get those results!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/JhEWoup.gif

Point taken
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#22]

"Lack of criminal history"  SERIOUSLY?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No prior convictions because no one bothered to catch him for decades  

He keeps his $ 90k pension
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Lack of criminal history"  SERIOUSLY?
No prior convictions because no one bothered to catch him for decades  

He keeps his $ 90k pension

MOTHERFUCKER!

I hope thats not true
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Jones declined to estimate Silver's pension, but analysts at the Empire Center, a fiscally conservative think tank, said it could be $98,010 a year. In 2011, the Legislature passed a law that would strip pensions from elected officials convicted of public corruption offenses, but lawmakers who were already in office were not subject to its provisions.
View Quote

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2015/12/8584616/sheldon-silver-files-his-pension
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jones declined to estimate Silver's pension, but analysts at the Empire Center, a fiscally conservative think tank, said it could be $98,010 a year. In 2011, the Legislature passed a law that would strip pensions from elected officials convicted of public corruption offenses, but lawmakers who were already in office were not subject to its provisions.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2015/12/8584616/sheldon-silver-files-his-pension

Thats why he needs life plus so he cant spend any cent of it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top