Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/16/2008 11:39:33 PM EDT
The activities committee is discussing having another Blast at SJSC this summer.  With the input from your responses, we're working to improve on the last one.  Most likely we'd have the Pistol Action Range open and staffed, in addition to the 300 yard Rifle Range (with variable shooting line).

But my first question concerns when to hold the Blast.
Please participate via the poll.  Multiple choices will be accepted.
Other comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks guys!

Brian
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
 Anyday is fine with me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
In true ARFCOM fashion, I say all of the above!  Any one of those days is OK by me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#3]
My suggestion would simply be as close to the fourth of July as possible.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump till the MOD makes it schtick
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in for any also.  The sooner the better.  I should have some new reload ammo by then.  I got my Hornady Ln'L AP  press the other day!  Still need supplies, parts, and a work area setup.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted Sunday in June but, any Sunday works for me!
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Bop to the top!
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Anytime!
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be there unless I am away on vacation.  My Colt 6400c only has 800 rounds through it and I want to put more mileage on the gun.  The only concern I have is that 223/5.56 ammo may be .80 a round or more by the summer.  That is a lot of money to spend for just sending rounds down range.

Ken
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will be there unless I am away on vacation.  My Colt 6400c only has 800 rounds through it and I want to put more mileage on the gun.  The only concern I have is that 223/5.56 ammo may be .80 a round or more by the summer.  That is a lot of money to spend for just sending rounds down range.

Ken

Six letters for you.

R-E-L-O-A-D

That is all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I voted for the Sunday in June. In July I have a Coast Guard reunion and will be partying for a few days with the old gang. And August I have my twins birthday on any given two weekends...family and then friends...don't like to mix the two.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Its gonna be HOT regardless.  Summer shoots are BRUTAL.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:50:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#14]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#15]
do you have to be a member?

is there a plinking area (rifle or pistol)? I have a .22 that i'd like to just shoot things not paper targets.

Link Posted: 3/12/2008 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

is there a plinking area (rifle or pistol)? I have a .22 that i'd like to just shoot things not paper targets.

No, you do not. This is for AR15.com members & guests, SJSC members & guests, not sure about the general public, but you're good to go.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you do not. This is for AR15.com members & guests, SJSC members & guests, not sure about the general public, but you're good to go.

Ok. Good to know. So what about the plinking?

if I am going to a blast, I wanna BLAST away. I can always go to the club i am a member at to shoot paper targets.

I think the SJSC has a neat thing going on, but I wish there was a place one could just blast away at stuff(safely mind you).
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
SLIDESHOW from previous BLAST.

Blast specific range rules:

No food or vegetable targets or any other messy organic stuff.
Water filled hanging plastic jugs of various sizes would be fine.
Nothing that would fragment into small pieces that could not be cleaned up thoroughly.
Remember, you shoot it, you clean it.
Range must be clean when it is all over.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So what about the plinking?

if I am going to a blast, I wanna BLAST away. I can always go to the club i am a member at to shoot paper targets.

I think the SJSC has a neat thing going on, but I wish there was a place one could just blast away at stuff(safely mind you).

You should check out Page 1 of this thread from the Feb 9th Blast for the plinking details.

Personally, I've been saving milk jugs and OJ containers (non-glass with screw-on caps) to bring to the summertime blast.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump...
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#21]
With the overwhelming support for a 'Sunday in June' date, we're on the SJSC Activities schedule for June 8 from 10AM to 4PM.

We will have the 300 yard range (with movable firing line) and the Handgun Action Range (left side for paper targets, right side with Steel Plate machine) open and staffed by the fine RSOs at SJSC.

We're working to bring the food vendor back, this time maybe setup inside the 300 yard complex.

The range fee for all shooters will be $20

Realistic suggestions are welcomed. Out-of-staters are encouraged and welcomed, as long as the only weapons and ammo you bring are jersey-legal. I'll be happy to loan 15 round AR mags to those of you from NYS who have to leave their preban standard capacity mags home.

More details as we get closer to the date.  I hope to see lots of you there.

Brian

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Cant wait for the day. Havent shot anything since I moved to NJ
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Cant wait for the day. Havent shot anything since I moved to NJ

Now why did you do that ? Did you not see the MASS EXODUS on the way in

Welcome to the Board
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#24]
sunday isnt good for me unless i take  pto day and find coverage
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well, Sunday June 8th it is, so you've got time to rearrange your schedule.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Damn, you just can't win, can ya

We shoot Saturdays in the past, you gotta work.
We shoot Sundays now, you gotta work.
When was the last time you called out sick
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#27]
me calling out creates mayhem...i am in charge of the radiology department now...my days off are now friday and saturday hehehehe...once you have a finalized date i will try and put in for a pto day and then figure out who will run the show while im out...
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Finally, a shoot to which i'll be able to make it!
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

me too,
never made to Fort Dix
or across the wide river to PA
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

me too,
never made to Fort Dix

We have Bridges now
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

me too,
never made to Fort Dix

We have Bridges now
Yeah,but my work schedule changes hourly it seems.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#32]
i should make it!
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll be there, barring any unforeseen circumstance.  

I'll bring the steel donkey bullet magnet again.    

Link Posted: 5/20/2008 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#34]
UPDATE

With less than 3 weeks to go, we're on schedule for the next NY/NJ Hometown Forum Blast.

We've got the 300 yard range and the Action Pistol Range to ourselves from 10AM to 4PM on Sunday June 8.
The 300 is open to all calibers, while the Action Range is limited to non-magnum handgun loads.
As we did in February, we'll set the firing line on the 300 to meet the wishes of the shooters.
The Action Range is set up for paper targets on one side and the 8" steel plates on the other.

We've got the food vendor (same one as February) set up to meet our culinary needs for the day.

Check out the thread from the February blast for the details about non-paper targets and such here.
The range fee for the day is $20 per shooter, and a $5 discount is available for pre-registering for the event.  
You should send an email to [email protected] with ARFCOM Blast in the subject line identifying yourself and the other members of your party so that you all receive the discount when you check in with John Christopher upon your arrival.

I'll be bringing my jersey-legal 15 round AR15 mags to loan to NYers who only have 16+ round preban mags for their ban-compliant rifles.
If you want to borrow mags, send me an IM in advance of the Blast, please.

I hope to see lots of you there, especially you newbies to the board and the NYers in search of less expensive gasoline.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump for Memorial Day weekend reminder
Everyone be safe this weekend!
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Well guys and girls I will be out of town for this one so you will have to make due without my awesome RSO skills.  Just remember that you all did very well with gaining the respect of SJSC and we are more then happy to have future ARFCOM events if you continue to behave safely and sanely.  Have fun and be safe.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be in Canadadadada, listening to 19,000 RPM V-8's singing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll be in Canadadadada, listening to 19,000 RPM V-8's singing.

Formula 1??
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, We usually go to Indianapolis ever year.  They canceled that venue this year so we are  making the trek to Canada.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds fun.  Nothing quite like the sound those things make
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Due to circumstances beyond our control, there will not be a food vendor at the range the day of  the Blast.

I would suggest you bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic, please!) and sandwiches to consume at the range.  There are Wawas in both directions on the Black Horse Pike (Rt 322) within minutes of the range. There is also a soda machine next to the range office.

If you are planning on attending, please pre-register and save yourself $5.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, there will not be a food vendor at the range the day of  the Blast.

I would suggest you bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic, please!) and sandwiches to consume at the range.  There are Wawas in both directions on the Black Horse Pike (Rt 322) within minutes of the range. There is also a soda machine next to the range office.

If you are planning on attending, please pre-register and save yourself $5.

Thanks!

Wow, you had me sweating that one.  I thought it was a much worse "Due to circumstances beyond our control blah blah blah".  Like, the shoot is canceled.  Hmm, how can you stop for food with guns in your vehicle in the peoples republic???  Maybe you could all come to the shoot, leave your guns with me.  Then go get food. Yeah I know the answer to that, hopefully this and not this

I can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#44]
The latest word from the Chief Range Safety Officer and Activities Chairman at SJSC

South Jersey Shooting Club
Activities Committee

AR15 One Day Blast
Shoot what you bring
Rifle or Pistol

Sunday June 8, 2008
9am – 3pm
300 Yard and Action Pistol Ranges

Firing Line:

The rifle firing line will be at various distances throughout the day.
   The Action Range will be opened for pistol shooting.

Traps:

The trap will have 10 target backers to which you can staple your paper targets.
    Jugs and other non-shattering items can be hung from the metal hangers

Targets:

Paper Targets: – Staple to the backer.
      Other Targets – Free standing targets must be placed within three feet of the hanging target backer at the trap.
      Plastic Jugs: Depending on size hang from the backer or the holders above.
      No glass
      No messy organic matter.
      Nothing that would fragment so small that it would be difficult to clean up.

Suggestions:

Variable size plastic jugs filled with water.
      A drop of food coloring in the water is a real plus. Same instant gratification as an exploding pumpkin or watermelon.
      I like red the best. Blue and green are nice also.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Cleanup: – Range must be clean when it is all over.

Dress appropriately for June.

FOOD:

Free Lunch will be available in the form of sandwich trays and cold drinks.  .

Directions to the Range:

From the Shore. 322 West to Piney Hollow Rd. Turn Right. One mile on the right.

From the Walt Whitman Bridge. 322 East to Piney Hollow Rd., Turn Left. One mile on the right.

Notes:

The range is less than ten minutes from PK90.

Things to Remember: - This is New Jersey!

15 round maximum magazine capacity. No restriction on caliber

"Read the New Jersey banned weapons list."

Fee:   $20.00

Advanced Registration:

Signup from the web site and receive a $5.00 discount.
   No need to send any money your discount will be waiting for you.
   Registration paperwork including a release will need to be completed and signed.

Safety:

Except when on the firing line Guns must be unloaded, bolt open, magazine out.
WHEN ON A LIVE RANGE, EYE AND EAR PROTECTION ARE MANDATORY EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE FIRING LINE
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I noticed the FREE FOOD and DRINK - NICE!

Here is a google map link I made for the South Jersey Shooting Club

South Jersey Shooting Club

The place mark is an approximate, but should be very close.  It's on that side of the road about midway between the two crossroads.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Weather looks hot and humid with a high of 89 for Sunday!!!! Forget the food truck, bring on the beer truck!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in,can't wait.

Weather is going to be great.

I'm going to the orientation that morning at 10:00.
I'll get to meet you all before that.

Just curious?how many rounds do you guys normally
bring to an event like this.Rifle and pistol.

Thanks
EL
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

At least a few hundred rounds for each.
Whatever you don't shoot, you can take home.
But you can't shoot it if you don't bring it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least a few hundred rounds for each.
Whatever you don't shoot, you can take home.
But you can't shoot it if you don't bring it.

EXACTLY.  +1
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone keeping a list of who's planning on showing up?  If not I'll make one later tonight.

ETA: Here it is so far,  kind of weak.  Who else can I add?

njJoniGuy
PK90
thundar
Lugerman
jag1323
jerz_subbie
target435
sweetsourpOrk
zbrane
Blackguppy
Fishpaw
mak0
johnQpublik
jonjsse1
NPDRIVER
Antonio
Bobby_the_Hun

Last edit 6/6/08 8:34pm
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top