Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2016 3:31:08 AM EDT
My brother is going to be my best man at my wedding and I wanted to build an AR for him as he doesn't own one.  Would like to find somewhere to cerakote the upper, lower, and rail.  Nothing crazy just a single color.  Not looking to double the cost of the build.  Can anyone suggest a place they have delt with? Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Coastal Precision in Kemah
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coastal Precision in Kemah
View Quote

Came in here to post this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm having Texas Custom Guns coat two ARs for me, hopefully they'll be done in the next week or so.

ETA: Its in Alvin, not bad pricing for a single color.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used Texas Custom Guns before but its been a couple of years.  At that time it was one guy doing everything and so the turn around time took a while.  Not sure if he has expanded and now has help.  He did a great job but took too long for my liking for a single color job
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used Texas Custom Guns before but its been a couple of years.  At that time it was one guy doing everything and so the turn around time took a while.  Not sure if he has expanded and now has help.  He did a great job but took too long for my liking for a single color job
View Quote

He's had my rifles since 12/6, it is the holidays so I've given them that, and I'm trying my best to be patient with it, but I am getting a little tired of waiting. Especially since I'm starting a new job with normal 8-5 hours & their operating hours are like 8-4 and no weekends. But whatever, the price is right & im technically in no hurry.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my rifles back from TCG today, Lonnie did a great job. They were a little behind because of the holidays but came through big time. As long as you're patient and aren't in a super busy season it's worth the wait. Plus he's a certified cerakote applicator. Once I've gotten a chance to take some photos I'll post them up.
Edit for photo:
Patriot Brown & Sig Dark Grey.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great.  He definitely does good work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top