Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2016 9:41:37 PM EDT
Anyone going this weekend?

http://www.dallasarms.com/

I'm going to try to put in an appearance tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope everyone else is out of town this weekend and my first weekend off in months. I am planning to go to the range if it doesn't rain plus don't want to drive the 5-6 hrs to go to it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Going in the afternoon and staying for the TSRA gathering.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going...can't wait, seems to be the one show down here with lots of milsurps, and militaria...

Plus I need to get tables for the next show!

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going in the afternoon and staying for the TSRA gathering.
View Quote

Tell me more.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#5]
More details here

TSRA
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
More details here

TSRA
View Quote

Cool.

Lifer here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Been a couple years.  Too much junk, no ammo deals.  Too many peeps.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, waste of time.  Online is cheaper and easier.  Gun shows haven't been worth it since the early 90's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, waste of time.  Online is cheaper and easier.  Gun shows haven't been worth it since the early 90's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well crap.  I foolishly took a handful of cash and found a room full of folks walking around selling their guns.  I wish I would have read your post before I walked out with a $375 BHP.

Oh, well.  I did have the chance to talk with Phuc Long (out of character) while trying to keep a straight face and not saying "OKIE DOKIE ARTI CHOKE".

If any of you go, swing by and ask him about the butt plug.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I concur with last poster...the DACA shows seem to be the best place to look for milsurps and militaria of the DFW shows I have been to....

It was a great show for me...got a chance to meet Martin Ivie, who wrote THE book thus far on AK bayonets....I bought it several years ago, and helped me build quite a collection of AK bayos, including some fairly scarce variants...bought another copy, and he wrote a nice inscription and signed it for me. Had a nice long chat with him too, great guy.

Also was able to pick up a beautiful Rundblick Fernrohr fur FlaK for $100...these were the indirect laying optics that fit on top of the 88mm FlaK guns. A great addition to my German optics collection.

If I had more extra money right now, there were a few really good deals on milsurps there...and some really nice militaria...

I guess if you are strictly looking for stuff easily ordered online, gunshows may not be the best venues...but I still love the shows...

I will be set up at the next DACA show in November...can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn this thread. I walked in to browse and ended up buying a bunch of M1 carbine mags. Also saw some beautiful Model 12s and Model 42s that I would have loved to take home.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh, well.  I did have the chance to talk with Phuc Long (out of character) while trying to keep a straight face and not saying "OKIE DOKIE ARTI CHOKE".
View Quote

Calvin was supposed to submit his latest production to Recoil last week, so we will see what his next video is
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I walked the floor for a few hours and saw some really cool militaria and weapons, plus I found a set of nice original grips for a customer's MAB Model D. Picked up a sack full of AKM furniture for a few bucks, a Balkan War AK-47 mag pouch and a neat Hungarian 5-cell AKM shoulder pouch that both fill holes in my collection. Got a pretty good deal on a new Spyderco Rubicon, as well.

I like the Market Hall shows better than all the others in the area. The jerky peddlers and turd sculpture vendors were fairly few and far between, and there were a ton of deals being made all around me on the floor. It smelled like freedom!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top