Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2017 11:24:25 PM EDT
I had always been nervous about an actual LEO encounter while carrying in a duty to inform state under the FL non-resident CCW permit. Well I finally got to test it out over the holiday weekend.

Travelling with the family from NJ to a range in NC (in accordance with NJ law), and once clear of NJ and into free America I began carrying concealed.

I got lit up by NC State Patrol on I-77 for what I can only assume was for DWNJP, as I use cruise control and am very conscious of the speed limits.

After a quick but polite exchange he asked for my DL, reg, and insurance. I passed them all to him through the window along with my FL non-resident permit.

He asked if it was on me and where it was. After I told him he said, "that's fine, don't touch yours and I won't touch mine, I'll be right back."

He went back to his cruiser, returned with a warning, and we all went on our way. It was refreshing to be treated like a free person and not a second class citizen.

TLDR; FL non-resident CCW permit is GTG in NC.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What was the warning for, vs. what was your cruise control set for?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Is NC a "must notify" state?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
A while ago I was camping in Pa in a campground.
I didnt know there was a fugitive hiding in the campground.
I had a non-res Pa permit (when thy actually did that) and there was an LEO looking for an individual.
When I saw the police lurking around, I went outside. Just threw on a shirt, I'm almost 100% sure I was printing pretty badly. It was early AM.
LEO says "have you seen....such & such etc"
I said "no"
Told him I'm in "that" camper and I have a gun if he's alone. He said OK and that was the end of that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was the warning for, vs. what was your cruise control set for?
View Quote
Cruise was set at 76 (limit on that stretch is 70).

Warning didn't indicate what he clocked me at.

I was in the right lane and the last in a pack of about 5 or 6 other cars all doing the same speed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is NC a "must notify" state?
View Quote
Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top