Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2016 6:19:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, if I'm cleaning out an old codgers house and find something cool like that it'll quietly find its way into the trunk of my car or behind the rear seat of my pickup. Calling the police wouldn't even cross my mind.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, if I'm cleaning out an old codgers house and find something cool like that it'll quietly find its way into the trunk of my car or behind the rear seat of my pickup. Calling the police wouldn't even cross my mind.
View Quote
FBHO FHRC FCC FNJ

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The .NJ.Gov really have the people trained to *heel*.
View Quote

It's pretty much the equivalent of the European, "OH TEH NOES! I FOUND A .22 LR CASE ON THE GROUND!!" then they call the police they close off four city blocks and evacuate while the EOD crew gets the .22 case.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
And my Father who was born in 1894 would always tell me that he would take his rifle to school just like the rest of the kids. On the way to or from school he would hunt raccoon, squirrels, & skunks. Pelts were worth from two cents to a nickel! All the kids put their guns in the coat room.
And today they worry about a spent piece of brass.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And my Father who was born in 1894 would always tell me that he would take his rifle to school just like the rest of the kids. On the way to or from school he would hunt raccoon, squirrels, & skunks. Pelts were worth from two cents to a nickel! All the kids put their guns in the coat room.

Maxwell
View Quote

the pussification of NJ is nearly complete............

i still remember having actual FIST FIGHTS at school. you know, where no one was arrested and sent to see a counselor? the kind where "they got it out of their systems"? try that shit these days. your family will be sued to nothingness and you'll be in a psych ward LOL.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i still remember having actual FIST FIGHTS at school. you know, where no one was arrested and sent to see a counselor? the kind where "they got it out of their systems"? try that shit these days. your family will be sued to nothingness and you'll be in a psych ward LOL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxwell

I was still having fist fights up until I graduated highschool in 1996. Shit really started going off the deep end after that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's pretty much the equivalent of the European, "OH TEH NOES! I FOUND A .22 LR CASE ON THE GROUND!!" then they call the police they close off four city blocks and evacuate while the EOD crew gets the .22 case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That crap has already happened here.

"The middle and high schools were put on lockdown over the course of about 90 minutes for what officials called "precautionary measures" after a custodian found .22 caliber ammunition in the parking lot."

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2014/12/clearview_regional_high_school_on_precautionary_lockdown.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"The middle and high schools were put on lockdown over the course of about 90 minutes for what officials called "precautionary measures" after a custodian found .22 caliber ammunition in the parking lot."

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2014/12/clearview_regional_high_school_on_precautionary_lockdown.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I remember that. But it's happened a lot more in Europe.

Again, if I found a .22 cartridge lying on the ground or floor I'd pick it up and put it in my pocket to determine if I could shoot it later.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maxwell
View Quote

My Dad was born in 1934 and grew up in Newark.
He's put his 22 in a paper bag (the best he can) to go to the dumps and hunt rats. IN NEWARK

Edit: My little brother used to take his rifle to school, he went to school in northern NY state. I believe he was issued an M14 (dont remember if that was issued from the state team or what).....He's only 40 yrs old, so wasnt that long ago......
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He's put his 22 in a paper bag (the best he can) to go to the dumps and hunt rats. IN NEWARK

Edit: My little brother used to take his rifle to school, he went to school in northern NY state. I believe he was issued an M14 (dont remember if that was issued from the state team or what).....He's only 40 yrs old, so wasnt that long ago......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxwell

Ctrmass, I remember going to Newark as a VERY young child, maybe 5 at most. We visited my grandmother. I can still see the shops on Chancellor Avenue. The section of Newark was the W...... cannot spell it Section. After college I worked for Bamberger's in the accounting dept. After the riots of '67 it was pretty bad.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Dad worked for Prudential during the riots. He was with them 20+ years....
He tells me Bams had firearms (at least I think it was Bams....) hanging in the front windows. They werent the only ones either.
His family actually had a farm in newark, I guess in the late1800's.
I used to drive my bicycle to newark, along with a motorcycle shop in Belleville and Sledgers & Forbes in whippany on rt 10 and east & south orange on occasion.
We thought nothing of it.
Anyway....I digress....
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dad worked for Prudential during the riots. He was with them 20+ years....
He tells me Bams had firearms (at least I think it was Bams....) hanging in the front windows. They werent the only ones either.
His family actually had a farm in newark, I guess in the late1800's.
I used to drive my bicycle to newark, along with a motorcycle shop in Belleville and Sledgers & Forbes in whippany on rt 10 and east & south orange on occasion.
We thought nothing of it.
Anyway....I digress....
View Quote

I do inspections for Macy's. The one in Wayne was at one point in time a Bamberger's they have a section of stockroom that is elevated and secured with only one way in and out that is called, "The Rifle Deck". I had asked about it when I first started doing work there, I was told that's where they stored all the firearms when it was Bamberger's. It's now full of purses and shit though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I started my full time work career with Bamberger's in '73. Worked in collection, customer service, sales audit, debit collection, accounts payable, vendor adjustment, the warehouse / distribution center in Kesby (sp) off of Rt. 440. Did the installation of the first POS (point of sale) system at the Princeton store.
I remember when Bam's stayed open late after Thanksgiving to Christmas, Bam's had the Newark Police stationed at every corner on the way to the train station. They were also posted at all the bus stops to insure our safety close to the Newark store. Long ago & far away.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Before the 60's riots and forced busing, the HS around my block in Queens had an NRA certified .22 Cal range. The HS used to compete and kids brought or stored their rifles there. I was too young to take advantage of it but was really pissed when I got no explanation as to why it was closed. My Neighbor was the Lead custodian there. =(
View Quote

The step daughter went to PS 99 before we got married.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Before the 60's riots and forced busing, the HS around my block in Queens had an NRA certified .22 Cal range. The HS used to compete and kids brought or stored their rifles there. I was too young to take advantage of it but was really pissed when I got no explanation as to why it was closed. My Neighbor was the Lead custodian there. =(
View Quote

Grover Cleveland  ???
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top