Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2015 10:39:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I would question their design that limits capacity. I was told the magazines must be blocked and riveted or pinned. Once the magazine has a rivet, the NJSP consider it a permanent conversion. This information came directly from the NJSP Firearms Division.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything I've read states they are NJ legal. I was also reading on the NJ Riearms website from a thread dated 2014 that they are NJ compliant so. I may place an order for a few myself.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would question their design that limits capacity. I was told the magazines must be blocked and riveted or pinned. Once the magazine has a rivet, the NJSP consider it a permanent conversion. This information came directly from the NJSP Firearms Division.
View Quote
It would help if they made an "official" statement.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they are made to hold 15 rounds and are marketed as such, they are NJ Legal. A rivet, pin, or weld is not necessary. I know that my Glock 19 can hold 16 rounds, but do you see them banned in NJ. I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I was only trying to keep someone from getting jammed up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they are made to hold 15 rounds and are marketed as such, they are NJ Legal. A rivet, pin, or weld is not necessary. I know that my Glock 19 can hold 16 rounds, but do you see them banned in NJ. I don't think so.
View Quote

Actually, if it can be shown that a magazine can hold 16 rounds of ammunition, AND feed them continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm, per statute, they are illegal.  Whether or not they're stamped "15 rounds" is immaterial.

If the magazine will hold 16 rounds, and you can seat it in the mag well of a pistol, and a round chambers when the slide is released, you're in trouble.  Brian Aitken was arrested and convicted, in part, due to having magazines that held 16 rounds.  His conviction was eventually overturned on the magazine charge, because the mag. was never tested and shown to be able to feed ammunition to the firearm.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, Aitkin's mags were XD mags that were manufactured and marked to hold 16 rounds. Do you actually think that someone would be arrested for Glock 19 mags that hold 16 rounds? What about Glock 22 mags? They hold 17 9mm rounds and function in a G17. Are those mags now illegal? Why not? I'll tell you. Because they are manufactured and marketed as being G22 .40SW mags. All laws are not black and white. The intent and the totality of the circumstances will be considered. I think I know a little about NJ Law,
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny... I was talking to the RSO at Dix today and he mentioned them so I was just about to ask he same question here. Today was the first time I've ever heard of them... weird!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw someone on fb had a class this weekend, and those mag choked.
IJS....
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a couple and used one.  Only put about 100 rounds through it but no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top