Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2014 7:42:54 PM EDT
I was thinking about one of these. My brother got one and we mounted it up but he hasn't been over to shoot it yet.
Ive been researching other brands in this same price range but I like the reticle on this one.

Anybody got one or had experience with them? Other recommendations?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost bought one last night.  Found a Leupold instead.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have this one:

Amazon Link

I like it a lot for as little as it cost.  I ran it at the DARC WWII this year, and it worked great.

I regularly shoot mine out to 500yd on steel.

Thing I dont like about it is that you cannot lock the turrents.  So if you bump them, you can move your POI without knowing it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have this one:

Amazon Link

I like it a lot for as little as it cost.  I ran it at the DARC WWII this year, and it worked great.

Thing I dont like about it is that you cannot lock the turrents.  So if you bump them, you can move your POI without knowing it.
View Quote

Tactical camo pattern duct tape bro.

I saw that one and its on the list too. Does it have the same reticle?
WW II is what got me thinking about a 1x4. It took me what seemed like forever to get the 300m with the Aimpoint.

I used Darryl's rifle with the Trijicon after my gas block malfunction on the tower and saw the light.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

WW II is what got me thinking about a 1x4. It took me what seemed like forever to get the 300m with the Aimpoint.

I used Darryl's rifle with the Trijicon after my gas block malfunction on the tower and saw the light.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have this one:

Amazon Link

The model I have has the Dropzone reticle, you can see it on the Amazon page i posted above.  Its not illuminated either, but i rarely ever have a need for illumination anyways.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh I see now, I didn't let all the images load earlier.

I was thinking of using it as a red dot on 1x but some of the reviews say its really not bright enough for that so the no illumination on the drop zone may not be a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Darn good review by LoneWolf, a man who's assessment on all things firearm I put great salt into.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone is interested in trying this scope out before they throw down the cash, I am in central AR and we could meet up at the range some time.

ETA**  For reference, my scope does not have the PCL lever and it is SFP instead of FFP, which is what i wanted for this application.  Be sure you check out both in person before you make a decision.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the vid Salo. That's why I posted here. Ive been to the optics forum but never really know what to believe.
We got a great wealth of knowledge and experience here on HTF that I trust more than some random couch commando I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have this one:

Amazon Link

View Quote

I think it was yours I looked through at WWII. I liked everything about it but the exposed non-locking turrets. I think you said it had already been bumped off of zero that day. That's the only reason I haven't bought one.
I can't see myself ever needing to dial a 1-4 scope.
I have been in search of something similar with capped turrets, SFP, +/- illumination at a similar price. I haven't let myself click BUY on Vortex 1-6 Razor.

This thread has my interest.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the new Vortex 1-4x24mm also.  Its 30mm tube, optional illumination, capped turrets, and price all look good

$199 price.

Vortex Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top