Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2017 9:59:25 PM EDT
A friend and I are going on a moose hunt in September and will need to book a stay for one night on the nose, and another night on the tail of our trip.  We aren't too fussy and like cheap, but don't want to stay in a dive.  Where would you recommend?  We need Sat night 9/2 and Mon 9/18.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Has to be in Anchorage?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The Alex is ok, I'd avoid the Puffin Inn.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Coast International is the only one I've really stayed it, but mainly because that's where work put us. That bar has seen a LOT of my davis bacon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has to be in Anchorage?
View Quote
Yes, we will only be there for a few hours at night and without transportation except perhaps uber.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Alex is ok, I'd avoid the Puffin Inn.
View Quote
Okay, no Puffin for me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, we will only be there for a few hours at night and without transportation except perhaps uber.
View Quote
I don't think we have Uber here. you will have to cab it, if you are flying into th eairport we have a couple chains that are pretty standard(Hilton, marriot, hyatt,  and their subsidiaries, as well as some local stuff, just get something from a chain close to the airport and you wil lbe fine)
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ive stayed at the courtyard Mariott and the Holiday Inn Express by the airport, both have shuttle
Not sure if that qualifies as "cheap" though
View Quote
OP is getting a guided moose hunt... CHEAP is relative.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ive stayed at the courtyard Mariott and the Holiday Inn Express by the airport, both have shuttle
Not sure if that qualifies as "cheap" though
It will be self guided.  We pay for transportation and raft rental.  I will cross out uber as a possibility.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Not the Spenard Motel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not the Spenard Motel.
View Quote
Noted.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:14:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Stick to the national chains up here minus the Econo Lodge.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The Lakefront Anchorage is nice (formerly "The Millennium") and is close to the airport with a shuttle.  Bar and restaurant in the hotel and a few other restaurants within walking distance.

If you get a moose I hope you bring a corn cob to pose in the photo with.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:23:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Lakefront Anchorage is nice (formerly "The Millennium") and is close to the airport with a shuttle.  Bar and restaurant in the hotel and a few other restaurants within walking distance.

If you get a moose I hope you bring a corn cob to pose in the photo with.
View Quote
I'm thinking about bringing a bell pepper or a red tomato.  These are like golden unicorns up there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Touching down at 1837 and will be at the Lakefront except when we go to Walmart for food and supplies.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey OP, Anchorage has Uber now
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually have a similar query, will be up later this week, not sure I like the reviews on the Microtel by Wyndham in Eagle River (which is closest to where my brother lives).  Also looking for things to do, we went up to Talkeetna and Denali two years ago with the cruise tour, my brother was going to scope out the salmon run this past weekend but I haven't heard any updates from him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I just stayed at America's best Inn Executive suites  on spenard. It was $100 a night. It was old  and alittle run down. But it did the job. We was only there for three nights and just slept there. They have airport shuttle also....
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey OP, Anchorage has Uber now
View Quote
Well, i've rented a car, but this is good to know now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Walmart in midtown Anchorage is incredibly bad with crime
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Touching down at 1837 and will be at the Lakefront except when we go to Walmart for food and supplies.
Walmart in midtown Anchorage is incredibly bad with crime
Is there a place to shop?  We will need groceries, sundries and stove fuel on a Saturday evening.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:09:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is there a place to shop?  We will need groceries, sundries and stove fuel on a Saturday evening.
View Quote
So far, we've found a WalGreens, Sam's Club,  Wal-Mart,  and Costco,  and passed a number of other major chain stores in Anchorage.   We wound up in the Clariion Suites downtown and spent today driving down to Seward and visiting the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center on the way.   Looks like $2.63 for gas most places in or near Anchorage,  over $3.30 down by Seward,  Costco was $2.48 (members only).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top