Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 1:12:30 PM EDT
I'm stuck here for a few days because Penair is fucking useless.  I flew in to do a thirty minute job yesterday and now have a flight booked back to ANC on thursday night.  I know all about the bad weather excuse, but its only a bit cloudy here.  Even the ladies at the counter have no idea whats going on, I've landed here in way worse conditions.

I've really glad I got a rental truck when I landed, because I was sure I was going to be sleeping in it last night until I got a call around 10pm that there was a room available for me.

I know about the chart room buffet tonight already, had it many times
I've checked out the old church, but is there anywhere to go exploring?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, lots of WWII relics all over.  Start walking in any direction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Climb bunker hill if you have a few hours. Lots of cool stuff up there.

Go up Ballyhoo if you have all day.

The museum by the airport is nice too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
if you drive out to captains bay there is a small creek FULL of pinks that arent too zombied out, you can likely fish(um snag) to your hearts content if you got a pole. there is a wild horse herd on the island but you gotta drive a ways to go see them, thy goy set loose back in 45 when the army air corps left.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Went up bunker hill, saw some cool shit.  Got divebombed by a fucking eagle, scared the shit out of me

Made it out friday.  Next time I get stuck there, I'll look for the wild horses, that sounds neat.

Top Top