Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 8:24:44 PM EDT
Just need a different gas block installed on my AR-15 and have a cycling issue diagnosed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve at Alaska Custom Firearms on Old Seward x Dimond does good work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
pm sent. not sure if it's ok to post the guy's name and number here.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the cycling issue? If you have an Armorers wrench and a couple of pin punches nothing about a gas block swap is diffucult.........I'll help ya with tech support any way I can.....
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the cycling issue? If you have an Armorers wrench and a couple of pin punches nothing about a gas block swap is diffucult.........I'll help ya with tech support any way I can.....
View Quote

Well I think my gas tube is misaligned. Keeping hearing a loud boom when I shoot. What originally happened was I had a FF rail installed by another guy and had a railed gas block installed and after a while the set screws walked out I loctited them down ( and the flip sight seems very flimsy and i dont really trust it so i want to go back to my A2 base and i decided to get rid of my scope and bought an aimpoint) and it is sturdy now but I think when I misaligned the tube and accidentally screwed everything up. I've tried several things installing a stronger buffer spring and checking how tight my castle nut was but nothing will work and I'm stumped so I figured at this point I'd just take it to someone who knows WTF they're doing. And no I haven't been able to buy a proper punch set or armorers tool.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well I think my gas tube is misaligned. Keeping hearing a loud boom when I shoot.
View Quote

I found that a suppressor helps with the large boom!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I think my gas tube is misaligned. Keeping hearing a loud boom when I shoot.

Lol 223 never seemed all that loud to me when wearing ear covers it seems louder than it used to.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The gas port hole in the gas block should be a lot bigger then the hole in your barrel. It doesn't need to be perfectly aligned. For it to be misaligned enough to not put gas into the tube it would be very off center.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top