Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 5:51:10 AM EDT
Or you may be "wounded in an accident."

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Hampton-Officer-Wounded-in-Accident-at-Gun-Range-256336231.html

Where I came from, they just called that "shootin yourself in the hand due to negligent gun safety"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I really, really want to reply about a "trained firearms instructor, Law enforcement officer, only one qualified to posses firearms" person getting injured due to poor handling.

But I won't. I don't know the officer and  maybe he is a humble, down to earth man who doesn't claim to be superior to regular citizens type.

I wish him well.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What I hate about this is how they worded the original story. It would lead  non-gun types to believe that guns accidentally go off by themselves.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]
My dad is the former Chief of Police in Hampton. He was telling me about this on Easter. Not something you'd expect to see an instructor doing...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I hate about this is how they worded the original story. It would lead  non-gun types to believe that guns accidentally go off by themselves.
View Quote

Which can happen, on low-quality, broken, or flawed machines. But rarely. (Note the Remington 700 recall - triggers allowed a discharge when a dumb person left a loaded weapon on the bench and went downrange.)
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope he heals quickly, and I hope that others who are familiar with firearms will take it as reminder to guard against complacency.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really, really want to reply about a "trained firearms instructor, Law enforcement officer, only one qualified to posses firearms" person getting injured due to poor handling.

But I won't. I don't know the officer and  maybe he is a humble, down to earth man who doesn't claim to be superior to regular citizens type.

I wish him well.

View Quote

Your post made me think of this vid

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish him well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wish him well.

Quoted:
Your post made me think of this vid

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hope he heals quickly, and I hope that others who are familiar with firearms will take it as reminder to guard against complacency.

View Quote

This.

We all know internet commandos never make mistakes.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top