Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2016 2:51:21 PM EDT
My beer fridge is finally all re-gasketed, sealed and ready to get rolling again.  This thing has six taps on it (Five CO2,  One nitro),  and the only thing I need right now is some kegs with beer in them.  I'm still missing some brew equipment so I can't fire that up just yet,  so I need some commercially available stuff.

Someone was telling me that in Michigan,  the law says a distributor cannot sell to the general public,  but breweries can.  I have confirmed the brewery part and most will sell me kegs direct,  but I'd rather have one location to pick up from with a broad selection.  However,  all I can find is party stores...  Which not to knock capitalism,  but they all want a 50% or more markup on kegs,  defeating the purpose of even running a beer fridge.

So,  good sources of kegged beer without a giant markup,  preferably downriver, but I'll drive anywhere east of 275 and south of 8 mile if it's a good deal.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Our local brewery (Witch's Hat) sells kegs directly, but South Lyon isn't exactly downriver  

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up stopping at Motor City Brewing and got a few kegs from them.

I'd still like to find a one-stop shop for all brands though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Any grocery store or party store can order kegs they come on regular delivery trucks. There really isn't a mark up on kegs $5-$10 over cost unless they are assholes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top