Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 7:54:41 AM EDT
I was wondering if the Suburban Showcase is worth the time to look for an AR. Looking at Stag Arms, DD, Larue, LMT, LWRC, BCM. Any good deals? Just need some feedback on any previous experiences.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
A gun show is probably the absolute last place that I would look to purchase an AR.

I've been to many gun shows, and generally enjoy them, but the AR's are typically overpriced, and there tend to be from the less desirable manufacturers.

Further, I've heard too many concerns of parts being swapped out, etc.  So, you buy an AR with "Colt" stamped on the lower, but it has a BCG from DPMS.  You really need to know what to look for, and how to inspect for proper parts.

Myself, I'd rather just buy from a local dealer that I know and someone with whom I have a greater level of trust.

It's possible to stumble upon a great deal at a gun show, I just believe that it is unlikely.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The NOVI show is typically the best show in SE Michigan. You can find good deals and you can negotiate directly with the seller. There are some reliable and honest dealers there you just have to feel them out and it is really not that big a deal. You'll do better at the show than most retail dealers in Michigan but the internet still gets you the best prices if you know what you want. The only thing that might make sense to buy at the show is the lower receiver since you have to buy that from a FFL so you either pay taxes or shipping and FFL fees.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The NOVI show is typically the best show in SE Michigan. You can find good deals and you can negotiate directly with the seller. There are some reliable and honest dealers there you just have to feel them out and it is really not that big a deal. You'll do better at the show than most retail dealers in Michigan but the internet still gets you the best prices if you know what you want. The only thing that might make sense to buy at the show is the lower receiver since you have to buy that from a FFL so you either pay taxes or shipping and FFL fees.
View Quote
I was there a couple of months back. Prices were equivalent to online, when you factor in the shipping. It is a huge show, so bring a notebook to keep track of the prices of the things that you are looking to buy. Prices do vary from vendor to vendor by quite a bit. Look the whole show over before you buy, or you will find what you are looking for cheaper after you just paid more. It is a fun show.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop by Nikolas before you go to the Novi show!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Show wasn't all that great. Got some CCI stinger .22lr, 10cc syringe for my gun oil and cleaner, and 2 copper coins for my boy. I guess online at Buds it will be. The show to me was just a glorified Gibraltar show. I was looking for Daniel Defense, Stag Arm, Larue, or Spikes. They had S&W, Colt, Dpms, Bushmaster, and a few that slips my mind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Show wasn't all that great. Got some CCI stinger .22lr, 10cc syringe for my gun oil and cleaner, and 2 copper coins for my boy. I guess online at Buds it will be. The show to me was just a glorified Gibraltar show. I was looking for Daniel Defense, Stag Arm, Larue, or Spikes. They had S&W, Colt, Dpms, Bushmaster, and a few that slips my mind.
View Quote

It's a hit and miss show, I've made some great buys there and other times, walked out without finding anything at a reasonable price. I have scored several brand new Trijicons with diffusers for under a grand out the door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top