Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2017 7:09:53 PM EDT
already got a room, want to get as close to middle of path without getting tube locked;
need to haul ass back to Texas right after show's over;

How's Hwy 79 in & out? I know it's an open ended question with no right answer, just looking for
a heads up;

how's the weather supposed to be that weekend? this far out, forecast says chance of thunder showers,,,

dust off yur crystal balls & help a brother out,,,,,
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
79 isn't too bad. I'm assuming you're going 40w to Paris?  Look into 40 to Dickson 48 to Clarksville. Hopefully, you're staying at a hotel in the greater exit 4 area.

With a "major event" going on in Clarksville, we will probably have the worst storm of the decade.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
coming from N. Texas, short stop in Arkansas, towards Memphis, to Milam (overnite hotel) up 79 thru Paris towards Clarksville;
how's that route?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think Jackson would be better than Milan. Then Dickson to Clarksville. Just my opinion.

If you don't already have a room booked, bring a tent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a room in Milam; we were just thru this area in May, enroute to the Creation Museum;
stayed in Jackson one night & went to some of the local Civil War sites;
just trying to stay away from major clusterfucks but get close to the center of the path
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you'll be fine. However, I feel that whole weekend will be a crap shoot for travel.
Where in Clarksville are you staying?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
driving back to Austin right after the event; probably gonna find a park or somewhere open to view
the stuff; may bring my telescope.

you're right about the unkown's as far as getting out, but that's what Gargle Maps on the cell is for

thanks for the reply
Top Top