Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:15:35 PM EDT
Neighbor brought his trailcam over and showed me these pics.
I've got sheep lambing, so they are easy prey for anything larger than a cat. I'm going to sit out by that trough with a dead chicken and wait for it tonight. I've found prints around the perimeter of the sheep enclosure, so it's only a matter of time before it gets in there.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
A black one. They are out there, friend of mine trapped one last year.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what the neighbor said too. He's an older gent and asked if we can come kill it before it gets his cat (and my sheep!).
Wife is going full retard. Wants to take a live chicken out there and cause it to make "distressed sounds" to lure it in. Never knew she was so cold blooded.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Subscribed to the see results of your depredation efforts. Go get 'em.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Will post a pic as soon as we nail it!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty interesting reading out there on coyotes, coydogs, red wolves, and red wolf-coyote hybrids.  

Google "red wolves in Georgia" and you'll find a lot of good info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a big one!  I shot a mostly black coyote on my place about 5 years ago.  That one looks pretty thick for a standard coyote, may be a coydog hybrid. What part of GA?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Will do...
Asshole didn't show last night. No matter- I'll get him eventually!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me know if you need a hand, I have thermal and a FoxPro.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Just so you know, GA DNR is sponsoring a contest for a lifetime hunting license for killing yotes.

Good luck.

click
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#10]
We've got those big black ones like that all over Jackson County. They tend to be in areas with high concentration of chicken houses and cattle farms.
They tend to be more Alpha compared to the regular pack coyotes too.

I've killed lots of them here. I've had them jump on my downed deer in 10 minutes after dropping them. They are aggressive!

If you are in my neck of the woods, let me know. I have lots of tools for sending those things to hell.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what the neighbor said too. He's an older gent and asked if we can come kill it before it gets his cat (and my sheep!).
Wife is going full retard. Wants to take a live chicken out there and cause it to make "distressed sounds" to lure it in. Never knew she was so cold blooded.
View Quote

lol you chose wisely.  Or maybe not  

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys! Will let y'all know if I can't bag it soon. It hasn't show up 2 nights in a row.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lol you chose wisely.  Or maybe not  

View Quote
haha yeah, still trying to figure that one out!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Black yotes matter!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#15]
My dad killed one a few years back outside middle Georgia, I'll post a few pics once I find them...
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#16]
killed a old black female coyote in Sparta two years ago...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#17]
The real term for this type of Coyote is Melanistic/Melanism...

Coyote information
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. He's not been back since. I sat out there a few nights and he didn't show back up. Saw a few foxes, but didn't want to shoot them - I was was waiting for the 'yote.
Will update if I see it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top