Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2014 4:46:50 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying a GORP and using either Clybel WMA or Big Lazer Creek WMA. Maybe Cedar Creek. Does anyone go to these ranges? Is the GORP the only thing I need to shoot pistol and rifle there?

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot at the Cedar Creek range fairly regularly.   It is a decent range to shoot at but can get a little busy from time to time.  I have never had a problem with any of the ROs or other shooters there.

I have a Sportsmans licence that includes the WMA stamp but I dont recall ever being asked to show anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at the clybel range earlier this week (wed), the 100yd was only me & 2 other shooters. Gets busy on the weekends, I just go early. during the week is usually the best.  Friendly RO's, target stands provided for both the 50yd & 100yd

They also recently added a skeet range
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The gorp is all you need. I have been out to big lazer numerous times with my son and we were the only people there for a couple of hours
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I go shooting at Big Lazer Creek several times a month, sometimes I am the only one shooting there, be sure and bring your own target stand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd get the WMA license. That way if you ever wanted to hunt or use one of the PFA you'd be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are a hunter go with WMA endorsement instead of GORP, even if you don't plan to hunt the WMA. It's the same price, and you never know . . .

GORP gets you on the ranges, but doesn't cover hunting or fishing.

Of course this being ARFcom, I have both (Small Group GORP).

Top Top