Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2016 8:05:35 PM EDT
WNC members, I'm planning on taking a trip over the mountain later this week to drop off some donations in kind and volunteer for at least a day in Gatlinburg.  I've IM'd some of the TN guys to get a better lay of the land and be a bit better prepared to meet needs.  If anyone wants to join in the caravan to help our brothers and sisters in East Tennessee, shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
What day do you have in mind to go down? Even if I can't go, I want to donate.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Been following Durkas thread since he started it on Monday and was glad to see your post. Thanks for stepping up. The wife and I were just there in the end of October for our anniversary and really love the whole area. We're heartbroken over what's happened. IM inbound.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What day do you have in mind to go down? Even if I can't go, I want to donate.
View Quote

Planning on going down Thursday with some folks; we'll be there all day, possibly Friday if they need us, but we'll have at least one coming back Thursday evening.  If we've got any folks coming from downstate, we can find a place to put a few up Wednesday night to head down early Thursday morning.  If you can't make it, Durka mentioned Walmart and Food City gift cards, which we can hand out when making deliveries.  Glad to have you if you can make it!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Been following Durkas thread since he started it on Monday and was glad to see your post. Thanks for stepping up. The wife and I were just there in the end of October for our anniversary and really love the whole area. We're heartbroken over what's happened. IM inbound.
View Quote

Nate, did you get my IM? still trying to figure out this new interface.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WNC members, I'm planning on taking a trip over the mountain later this week to drop off some donations in kind and volunteer for at least a day in Gatlinburg.  I've IM'd some of the TN guys to get a better lay of the land and be a bit better prepared to meet needs.  If anyone wants to join in the caravan to help our brothers and sisters in East Tennessee, shoot me an IM.
View Quote

You may want to contact some of the groups over here first. The Sevier county area has been inundated with lots of stuff, to the point it can't be dealt with. Storage issues and being able to distribute are the main issues. They need bodies to load, unload, sort and distribute more than the goods.

Visit the web sites of the 3 local TV stations for people/organizations to contact.

WBIR-TV

WATE

WVLT
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nate, did you get my IM? still trying to figure out this new interface.....
View Quote

Received and replied.

Nate
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You may want to contact some of the groups over here first. The Sevier county area has been inundated with lots of stuff, to the point it can't be dealt with. Storage issues and being able to distribute are the main issues. They need bodies to load, unload, sort and distribute more than the goods.

Visit the web sites of the 3 local TV stations for people/organizations to contact.

WBIR-TV

WATE

WVLT
View Quote

We've been communicating with Durka-Durka, whose on the ground over there, and planning on hooking up with the rescue squad for delivery and item sorting and storage when we get there.  Every time I've spoken with the rescue squad, they reiterate that they're still taking donations, particularly for infant and toddler items. In terms of donations, that's what we're focusing on, but we're really trying to get trucks, drivers and workers at this point.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We've been communicating with Durka-Durka, whose on the ground over there, and planning on hooking up with the rescue squad for delivery and item sorting and storage when we get there.  Every time I've spoken with the rescue squad, they reiterate that they're still taking donations, particularly for infant and toddler items. In terms of donations, that's what we're focusing on, but we're really trying to get trucks, drivers and workers at this point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WBIR-TV

WATE

WVLT

No problem. Just wanted to make sure your efforts are not wasted.

The media here (Knoxville) is really pushing the need for physical labor more than anything. A friend of mine worked with Durka last week, he's doing a great job.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2016/12/05/1800-volunteers-needed-gatlinburg-over-next-three-days/95008602/

Can't do much now.  Just got a call and I'm pulling all-nighters until I get this project done for work.  Wish I could help more.  I feel like a weekend warrior.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got back in this evening- will AAR tomorrow.  Want to go back out ASAP now though; understand how you feel, Durka.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top