Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2016 7:46:12 PM EDT
While surfing some campground ads I noticed this :

The possession of loaded firearms, loaded projectile firing devices, bow and arrows, explosives or explosive devices of any kind including fireworks is prohibited by tribal law.
View Quote

So if you keep it unloaded, in a lock box, are you in the clear?

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the campground have a phone number, just call and ask.
We rarely stay at campgrounds anymore,because of their firearm policies, we instead primitive camp or stay at privately owned cabins.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm more concerned about the "tribal law" part.
How are the Cherokee Police?
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had very good interaction with the Cherokee PD in the past when discussing concealed carry. They told me that they follow the laws of NC pertaining to concealed carry. I'd suggest you call them and explain your situation and ask. They were always very courteous and eager to help with question for me in the past.

Here's the info link I have for them.

Cherokee PD Contact Info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top