Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2016 10:53:38 PM EDT
Its been more than 25-years since I reloaded. I'm now retired and have a Dillon RL550B waiting to turn out its first few hundred rounds.  Many years ago, I travelled from St. Louis to Sedalia to check out the Sierra Factory Store.  The bullet seconds were sold by the pound and subject to availability.    As I recall, the weighing process was liberal and each lot contained extras to make up for those that might be found unusable. I recently checked their web site and the store still sells seconds and pricing doesn't seem too bad for bulk bullets.

I was wondering if any of the MO-HTF members have been there in recent months and what your experiences were during your visits.  I frequent the Springfield/Branson area often so I'm planning a side trip to the store if it's still a worthwhile source for bullets.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been awhile for me, but a buddy goes every so often.  Did you do the tour?  If not, do it.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just there today.

Good place to get bullets.

My kids liked the factory tour the time we did it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Been there twice in past 6 months. Wish I lived closer (I'm in St. Charles Co.) because I'd go there as much as possible!

The process is the same as you described during your last visit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Take the tour, buy the factory seconds. Might even visit Starline next door.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
It's still there and the Sierra folks are the best in the business for several reasons.  

I do remember seeing an email lately saying they would be closed for inventory soon so you might call ahead to make sure they're open if you plan on going in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they will be close on Oct. 3rd and 4th for inventory.  I'll be going the following week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Could some of you expand on your purchases there for the seconds?? maybe give a price example?  I'd hate to drive four plus hours to save 30 cents a box.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could some of you expand on your purchases there for the seconds?? maybe give a price example?  I'd hate to drive four plus hours to save 30 cents a box.
View Quote

Their price list is online.

It's worth stopping in when you're passing through, but I wouldn't make a long special trip for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top