Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2016 9:50:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If anyone has a line on a cheap riding mower in the KC area I would appreciate it if you would please give me a buzz.  

My budget is about $350 but I always have gun paraphernalia available as trade fodder.  
View Quote

Didn't have the trailer this weekend or I would have come by.

You are welcome to use mine if you need to.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Search "craftsman riding mower" on kc Craigslist. The craftsmans are all rebadged husgavarnas and for the most part hold their value a lot less.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
You should get Randy Quade's walk behind from "Moving"
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the leads guys. I picked up a used "fixer upper" for a reasonable price. The neighbors ought to love the open exhaust.  
View Quote
ok, we need pics.................

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got 10% off on this beauty.  
46" cut with 22hp v-twin.

My 15 year old Lawn Boy finally shot craps so I decided to treat my knees to a rider.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Look at Tractor Supply, they should have some generic mufflers that you can adapt if you can't find a direct replacement.

Also, oregonparsstore.com. Huge difference in cost of blades and belts for my cub vs buying local.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't you parts guys have catalogs anymore?
Look it up!
It just bolts on...
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I done did.  We ain'ts got nuthin with that small an ID. We deals in car parts not mowerz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look it up!
It just bolts on...

I done did.  We ain'ts got nuthin with that small an ID. We deals in car parts not mowerz.

The Stores sell mower parts....
Prime Line I believe...

I kin probably weld you up a race magnum for it....
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My 15 year old Lawn Boy finally shot craps so I decided to treat my knees to a rider.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj147/uzishooter/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160609_004_zpst5fwuzsp.jpg
View Quote

Many of todays (lower cost ) mowers/riders are owned and built by AYP/Electrolux. If you see a Home Center/Tractor Supply with mowers out front, it's generally built by AYP according to that Company's specs, or what used to be a Company. Some names live on through buyouts. Craftsmen, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Husky, Scotts, and many others.

And, there's Cub Cadet, JD, Husqvarna where they are built by the real company. Sears/Craftsmen is not a company. They always sold mowers built by someone else.

Only time I've found where a genuine mower comes from real Company is if, say a Tractor/home center is also the "dealer/seller/parts/service" for that Company where they get/have genuine parts.

I've seen it happen with John Deere's from Lowes. Guy's JD broke down and he took to Deere to get fixed. NOPE, can't repair, we don't carry parts for those. Take to mower shop.

If you're looking for a new mower and you only want a real mower, built by that company, you need to ask anymore, if it's not sold by a dealership.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look it up!
It just bolts on...

Who are you a parts guy for? I'm in a few raytown and independence parts stores fairly often and don't recall seeing you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Many of todays (lower cost ) mowers/riders are owned and built by AYP/Electrolux. If you see a Home Center/Tractor Supply with mowers out front, it's generally built by AYP according to that Company's specs, or what used to be a Company. Some names live on through buyouts. Craftsmen, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Husky, Scotts, and many others.

And, there's Cub Cadet, JD, Husqvarna where they are built by the real company. Sears/Craftsmen is not a company. They always sold mowers built by someone else.

Only time I've found where a genuine mower comes from real Company is if, say a Tractor/home center is also the "dealer/seller/parts/service" for that Company where they get/have genuine parts.

I've seen it happen with John Deere's from Lowes. Guy's JD broke down and he took to Deere to get fixed. NOPE, can't repair, we don't carry parts for those. Take to mower shop.

If you're looking for a new mower and you only want a real mower, built by that company, you need to ask anymore, if it's not sold by a dealership.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj147/uzishooter/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160609_004_zpst5fwuzsp.jpg

My cousin is the manager for an independent Cub Cadet dealer, so I am covered.  

Most dealers won't service a big box purchase even if it is the same as what they sell.  In the case of Cub, they do not water down a product for the purpose of big box sales.  They have Troy Built and other labels under the MTD umbrella for that.

I finally got to cut with it this weekend and shaved nearly an hour off my cut time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's nice!
How does it cut?
I like to keep my lawn nice, and the riders I've had didn't have the wheels on the corners of the deck and gouged the fork out of the grasss on the turns. I'm guessing the wheels on the deck prevent this?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm with CarQuest but my location isn't open to the public.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look it up!
It just bolts on...

Who are you a parts guy for? I'm in a few raytown and independence parts stores fairly often and don't recall seeing you.

They only have TOP MEN working there....
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look it up!
It just bolts on...

Some things go without saying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top