Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2014 3:49:08 AM EDT
Just recently got into the NFA game, and have been using my trust to bypass the LEO sign off. However, planning worst case scenario with the pending 41p issues... Has anyone had any luck getting form 4s signed off on by the Autauga County sheriff or the CLEO at PPD?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
sheriff "doesnt want those things on his streets"  also drug his heels really long on the 5 year permits.  just get a trust
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Herbie said that he didn't think that anyone needed class III in his county.  However, he's only got a few more months until Joe Seddinger takes over as sheriff.  I don't know Joe that well, so I don't know his stance on Class III.  I do know folks who know him, and they have a good opinion of him.  FWIW, Joe started out as a Reserve Deputy and worked his way up to Chief Deputy and was then elected sheriff.

I don't know about Chief Thompson.  He seems to be a pretty squared away guy, though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, noticed they seemed to be jerk offs.. Gonna make the most of my trust and keep my fingers crossed the 41p action fails and we won't be required to have LEO sign offs with trusts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top